TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2012 China Trip!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find myself more and more jaded as we visit more and more places, but the one (or two) coasters that really reaffirmed having fun on coasters for me was the High Five woodie. The B&M Flyer at World Joyland was good and everything, I mean it was really nice riding a B&M that wasn't a cookie cutter, but it still was more of the same if you know what I mean. The High Five Woodie was interactive, fun, a good ride, and did I mention FUN!?!?

Would I be correct in saying that Dinoconda is the smallest 4D coaster so far? From the pictures I've seen it looks significantly shorter than Eejanaika and X2 and the elements on it seem more compact.

You're right it's definitely shorter according to RCDB, the height isn't shown. I thought I remembered hearing it was closer to Eejanaika in layout but Im starting to think it might be closer to X2.

This just makes me want to ride Eejanaika even more

You're right it's definitely shorter according to RCDB, the height isn't shown. I thought I remembered hearing it was closer to Eejanaika in layout but Im starting to think it might be closer to X2.

From what I've seen the layout is the same as Eejanaika's, just shrunken down. Like Eejanaika, t has the extra inversion that X2 doesn't have.

On another note, it's nice to hear this ride isn't as rough as everyone was expecting. It's great to see that it was given the new-style trains.

Would I be correct in saying that Dinoconda is the smallest 4D coaster so far? From the pictures I've seen it looks significantly shorter than Eejanaika and X2 and the elements on it seem more compact.

The ride felt pretty much exactly like X2. I know there are some minor differences, but if its shorter or smaller, I really couldn't notice.

Edited by robbalvey

I liked it but didn't love it. Capacity was horrendous. Launch and first drop were intense and fun. Seats were not contoured for the upper body making for a uniquely loose torso when riding.

After missing two other S&S coasters I was glad to ride another but I prefer Powder Keg.

Awesome! I know everyone must have been disappointed when they missed the Extreme Rusher credit so I'm glad they managed to get on Bullet. All of those S&S launched coasters over there look crazy!

I can't wait to see some more photos and videos after the trip is over and you guys have had a chance to relax a little (sounds like you need a little R&R after this one).

^It really varies greatly by park. Most stuff only runs one train cause that's all it needs. At the bigger parks, two trains would certainly help but I think we only ever saw that on the mine trains.

There isn't really a big hustle by ride ops to go quickly.

If I remember last time, you guys pretty much had Hong Kong Disneyland to yourselves. How were the crowds this time? Just curious if the new sections are helping attendance any.

The place was dead til 4pm when folks from a corporate buyout still filtering into the park. I think only Autopia and Dumbo had more than 10 minute lines.

^ It wasn't as dead as last visit, though. There were certainly people in the park... a lot of people, actually...but the lines weren't really bad so it *felt* dead. At 4:00pm, they had a huge group of 12,000 POUR into the place and it got really busy!

The park seems to be doing MUCH better than our last visit.

This is what it looked like in 2008 -

There were at least people there this time! lol