TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, RCT3Bross said:

I saw something on a German site suggesting something Zierer shared on Instagram. It's a track based ride with cars very similar to the concept art shown. It just uses a bunch of curved screens and a car like vehicle going screen to screen on a flat track. I don't think it's in any way shape or form a coaster anymore, because if it was I'm sure they rather promote that then a darkride, coasters seem like a higher selling point towards the general public.

I think you are talking about this Instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUXEoYBIF7_/

243037792_264921485403963_295040881121682688_n.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw some pics and videos of this over the weekend and this looks pretty good for the budget of a park like this, looks really fun.

I'm not super familiar with Gardaland but realized the facade for this was from a previous attraction that they repurposed. I think is used to be some kind of Egyptian themed dark ride, but does anyone know if they re-used any of the set pieces from the previous ride for the new Jumanji attraction. I was under the impression that Jumanji was a completely new attraction until I realized they were reusing an existing location, was curious how much of the old ride made it into the new one. 

2 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

I saw some pics and videos of this over the weekend and this looks pretty good for the budget of a park like this, looks really fun.

I'm not super familiar with Gardaland but realized the facade for this was from a previous attraction that they repurposed. I think is used to be some kind of Egyptian themed dark ride, but does anyone know if they re-used any of the set pieces from the previous ride for the new Jumanji attraction. I was under the impression that Jumanji was a completely new attraction until I realized they were reusing an existing location, was curious how much of the old ride made it into the new one. 

Yep was an Awesome Egyptian themed dark ride called ‘La Valle dei Re’ that was turned into an awful shooting interactive ride few years back. Some of the old ride set pieces were included in this version’s queue line. Very glad they updated it, looks like a dynamic much more fun version of the previous 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, galahad said:

Yep was an Awesome Egyptian themed dark ride called ‘La Valle dei Re’ that was turned into an awful shooting interactive ride few years back.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.  Ramses: The Revenge was a ton of fun.  Robot aliens in Egypt...that's just bonkers and awesome.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KBrylczyk said:

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.  Ramses: The Revenge was a ton of fun.  Robot aliens in Egypt...that's just bonkers and awesome.

Points of view 😅 I much preferred the original version 😉

Gardaland has announced the addition of Jumanji The Labyrinth which will debut in 2023! 

1016622892_JumanjiTheLabyrinth.thumb.jpg.260ed9c85f8a7f88befa74c9f9cc1e9c.jpg

https://www.gardaland.it/en/jumanji-the-labyrinth/ 

Are you brave enough to take on the Labyrinth to save Jumanji?

Drought threatens the very existence of Jumanji! The rains have stopped falling, the wells have run dry, and the rivers have stopped flowing. Only you can save the day - by returning the sacred gem to the elephant temple, that will bring back the waters flowing back to the land

Venture into the Labyrinth where you will have to face the dangers of an ancient temple mirror maze, before stepping into a dark adventure tunnel adventure – but watch out for the spitting snakes! Then finally enter the wild jungle maze, with its innumerable pitfalls and surprises

Will you be able to survive the Labyrinth and save Jumanji?

Good luck adventurers!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, SharkTums said:

Awww...I mean, it was sooooo bad it was almost fun?!!??!

Naw. It was just bad. So bad, that Ginny was nearly dumped out of her car, when 'something happened' to the locking mechanism. I think. It was still quite a scare for her and us who saw it happen. (TPR 2010 Europe Tour) It's had it's time in the Italian sun.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm weird but this thing was legitimately my #1 draw to Gardaland. I'm sure it was painful, etc, but it looked so quirky and diving 180* over those drops had to be a uniquely thrilling sensation.

I'm sad I'll never get to experience it now. But alas!