TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to assist 5 people who under the $75 minimum today. For the first five people who need donations to reach the minimum, if you donate $2 to my page I will return it with $10.

I still have three left. Anyone under $75 can donate $2 to my page and I will give $10 back in return*

*If you are $10-$15 short of $75 I will probably get you to there

Knott's has their Info up, looks like it will be on Jaguar again!

Marathon will take place on: Jaguar

Registration time and location: 6:30 a.m. at the Western Employee Entrance

Event time: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Meal: 6:30 - 7 a.m. breakfast; 12 p.m. Lunch in Fiesta Plaza

Awards Ceremony: 5 p.m. in Fiesta Plaza

Regular park operating hours: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Prizes:

1st place individual fundraiser: Knott's tickets and gift basket

2nd place individual fundraiser: Knott's gift basket

3rd place individual fundraiser: Give Kids The World gift basket

I've still got some park maps to give out for donations!

7- Philadelphia Zoo Maps (2012 map)

11- Six Flags Great Adventure (2012 map)

2- Six Flags New England (2011 map)

2- The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom (2011 maps)

1- La Ronde (2011 map)

2- Coney Island Fun Maps (2011)

Any amount will get you a map. after you donate PM me your address and tell me which map you want!

Knott's has their Info up, looks like it will be on Jaguar again!

Marathon will take place on: Jaguar

Registration time and location: 6:30 a.m. at the Western Employee Entrance

Event time: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Meal: 6:30 - 7 a.m. breakfast; 12 p.m. Lunch in Fiesta Plaza

Awards Ceremony: 5 p.m. in Fiesta Plaza

Regular park operating hours: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Prizes:

1st place individual fundraiser: Knott's tickets and gift basket

2nd place individual fundraiser: Knott's gift basket

3rd place individual fundraiser: Give Kids The World gift basket

I wish Dorney would come on and release the info!!! Once they do they may get more people to sign up.

Team TPR is currently $7 away from reaching $14,000!

That is AMAZING! I am so proud of everyone so far. If anyone wants to help me get to my next goal I would greatly appreciate it!!

Next week I'm turning up the wick, not sure how far up the flame will go as I work with a bunch of tight asses...

BUT, for those who enjoy my whorish adventures, another whorish adventure will be announced very soon, so prep your pocket books(Donations=Whorish Adventure Release) as this one is shaping up to be a video adventure...just need one more approval...

Yesterday's photo showed just a glimpse of our Park of Dreams pool area, so today we'll take an in-depth look.

The Park of Dreams opened in March of 2010 and has transformed the Village. While he have another small pool on property, this addition truly took us to that "resort" level. We now see more and more families choosing to spend an entire day here versus going to the parks. There's no denying that kids love pools, and adults love relaxing poolside!

pool.JPG.eab583b166050b25f394a8be2569093c.JPG

Out of view in the above photo is a zero-depth entry to the right. Custom PVC waterproof wheelchairs are provided, making it easy to roll gently into the water.

pool4.JPG.40e1bad32980107201848ee936276423.JPG

The interactive Splash Pad is very popular amongst our smaller guests, who love to roll or dash through the streams of water.

pool3.JPG.bce37b14613b463b96ddde105e535b8e.JPG

Those of you who have been to Citywalk at Universal Orlando will recognize this next photo:

pool2.jpg.9d8181185ac2f8062902395b3d413904.jpg

UO donated this piece and modified it so that the surfboard is in the foreground (near where you set the camera) versus on the actual wave. This allows kids of all abilities to pose for a "Surfs Up!" photo. Cool, huh?

The Park of Dreams is undoubtedly a hot spot here at GKTW. On Tuesday evenings, we hold a poolside cookout and party with games and dancing. On Monday and Thursday nights the Entertainment team plays dive-in movies, and on Friday our weekly Pirates & Princesses Party takes place at the pool.

I wish Dorney would come on and release the info!!! Once they do they may get more people to sign up.

I'm very surprised at the amount of participation at CGA with no details yet released.

I think that's because it's not really about what coaster you're riding, it's about the involvement and spirit of doing something as a team to help out a great cause. I think I'd be a little disappointed if people were making a decision to join/not join based on what coasters were being offered for the marathon. Glad to see that's not the case with Team TPR!

^ You are right Rob! I am not doing this just for the coasters. They are just a perk. Heck, I would even do it if it was at Six Flags America and that park is crap in my opinion. I am doing this 100% for the kids!!! I worked for 6 years in a Boys and Girls Club of America with mostly underprivileged kids and I miss it EVERY DAY of my life. I LOVE kids and can not wait to adopt one eventually.

I think that's because it's not really about what coaster you're riding, it's about the involvement and spirit of doing something as a team to help out a great cause. I think I'd be a little disappointed if people were making a decision to join/not join based on what coasters were being offered for the marathon. Glad to see that's not the case with Team TPR!

And to add on to this point, even if it's a boring/crap/painful coaster you're marathoning for several hours, whatever perceived misery comes from 6 hours on Jaguar or Rebel Yell or whatever the coaster may be, it's nothing compared to what these kids are fighting. It's all worth it!

YARRRR! It's Friday, and that means tonight there will be a gathering of swashbuckling heroes and Village Princesses at our weekly Pirates and Princesses Party!

As I said yesterday, this takes place at the Park of Dreams, where there just happens to be a pirate ship stage perfect for the occasion.

There are "pirate" and "princess" stations where our special guests can get crowns, bandanas, wands, swords and facepaint as they transform into the character of their choice.

Princesses.JPG.1abc6a92a3b76a5a21989ad39b300184.JPG

Next, the kids get up on stage to be introduced to the crowd and are crowned princess or dubbed pirate.

Princess.JPG.dbdbe8462643f79a848977f3929b9ae4.JPG

Pirates.JPG.e40bc1b49d48d40cb45f0c8b21ed8b97.JPG

My boss, Mayor Clayton, even gets in on the fun! He makes a handsome pirate.

PiratesMayor.JPG.5b3fed3e17aa2b0d7792b7727d73e844.JPG

It's not too late to join Team TPR!

Coasting for Kids 2012 is happening on June 10th at a Cedar Fair park near you!

Team TPR has already raised over $13,000 for Give Kids The World and you can still get involved!

If you live near California's Great America, Canada's Wonderland, Carowinds, Cedar Point, Dorney Park, Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Knott's Berry Farm, Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair!, or Worlds of Fun, you can help support this great cause by signing up to be a Coasting For Kids rider on Team TPR!

What is "Coasting For Kids?" It's a fundraiser sponsored by Cedar Fair with the proceeds going to Give Kids The World. In short, you'll be riding roller coasters for a GREAT cause!

Details on how to register are here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62074

And please, we want to encourage our members to donate to our Coasting for Kids riders! Anyone who donates $100 or more will get an amazing, awesome, OMG gift pack from TPR with some hard-to-get, and very cool theme park items!

Please email me if you donate $100 to any of our riders!

And those of you who aren't riders yet, SIGN UP NOW!!!

Thank you for your help!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

Pretty sure the GKTW Pirate and Princess Party is better than the Disney one!

I love Disney and all the good stuff they do but they have a bad habit of taking stuff and putting their own spin on it which usually ends up being just a tad over the top so I definitely agree that this looks like it would be the best party ever.

Kara,

What an awesome update. It's very cool seeing the GKTW resort but seeing all the smiling children in the pics makes me realize even more how worth it is to give up at least a day to help provide smiles all around like that. I wish there was never a need for a place like this since it would mean no sick children but as long as there is I hope GKTW can keep on making children happy for 100 yrs or more longer.

Hey everybody,

It's been a while since I've done a TR and I came across a lot of awesome pics that I haven't shared on TPR from my favourite part of the world so far -- Scandinavia! Won't you help me help you make it your favorite too?

Whoever clicks on my link below and offers up a donation, in any amount, gets to pick from the following parks and I'll get some awesome pics up of TPR's 2009 Scandinavia trip!

Choose from:

Tivoli Gardens, Bakken, Hansa Park, Legoland Billund, Sommerland Syd/ Farup Sommerland/ Tivoli Friheden/ Karolinelund Combo, Djurs Sommerland, Tusenfryd, Liseburg, Skara Sommarland/ Grona Lund Combo, Power Park, Sarkanniemi & Linnanmaki

It'll be a great way to get these up and let you check out the area, especially if you're considering a visit on a future TPR trip! Best of all, it's for Give Kids the World Village!