TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skycoastin' Steve's 2012 Season Extravaganza!!

^^ & ^ And Shawn will have to verify but I think I remember hearing that Miss Lillian thought Caesar had a nice face.

She did indeed find Caesar to have a nice face! It was priceless, and she is now one of my most favorite characters anywhere given her level of crazy. Sadly though we did not get to experience her doing the chicken dance... Next time though I'll be requesting it.

Great photos as well Steve, I miss that cabin view already.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing the report. Dollywood is still my favorite "theme" park. I have season passes there for a reason! It was nice seeing even more views and details of Wild Eagle, which makes me even more excited to get down there to try it out finally. It may not be the most thrilling or intense ride out there, but it sure looks good and fits in the park well!

You were lucky to catch the NASCAR Speedpark Kiddie Coaster open, it seems like that thing has quite a few problems... or they just don't open it half the time!

Also, the Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride is a must-do thing in your life, but only once! It is worth a few laughs. Thanks for the reminder of what a classic it is.

Thanks for posting the pics Steve. It was an awesome weekend hanging out with a great group of people. I miss the cabin, the view, Dollywood, the food, the laughs and everything else about this epic weekend. Hopefully we can check out the Titanic thing next time. Sadly, I would do JJBR again, but just to see if there are any more dinosaurs taking a nose dive.

Great report Steve, I was there Friday of opening weekend, and that place is just amazing, gets better every time I visit. I had pretty much the same opinion of my trip as you did on everything except operations at Thunderhead didn't seem that slow to me, but the ops at everything else in the parks especially Wild Eagle were pretty bad. It was opening weekend, so I only expect that things will get better. The Q-bot is by far the best deal I've ever had at a park anywhere, if anyone goes to Dollywood this season, GET ONE!!! It will be worth it for short lines on Wild Eagle alone and everything else will be a bonus. I still don't understand why more parks haven't begun to offer that service yet.

Thunderhead was running freakin great on Friday, that thing was in my top 5 from when I rode it opening year and then again about 5 years ago and it it definitely still one of the best wooden coasters in the country, so good in every seat.

Now for a joke. Why is a toothbrush not called a teethbrush? Answer: It was invented in Tennessee

Why do Tennessee fans wear orange? So they can watch the Vols on Saturday and then pick up trash on Sunday.......

My favorite things about the Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride are the mannequins out front to make it appear that there are actually people waiting to get in, and the awesome "Now Open!" sign even though the place has been around for 8 or 9 years now. Hauntings down in Gatlinburg has the same sign and they have been around since at least 1983. I do have to say that I actually have TPR to thank for bringing the Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride to my attention. I probably would have skipped this state-of-the-art attraction on my visit to PF last year, but instead, I got to experience the "Plan Nine From Outer Space" of dark rides in all its glory!

I absolutely love Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area because its so beautiful. We were there last year but unfortunately it was part business part family trip so we didn't get a chance to do Dollywood like I had hoped. I think next time is a must especially since Eagle is open now and that think looks cool as all get out and I want to ride it.

^ it truly is a life changing attraction and dare I say religious experience.

While Steve probably didn't get to ride it we discovered another life changing ride, Earthquake the Ride in Gatlinbueg should also be experienced as a state of the art attraction with special effects that will wow you.

Your report is so awesome it's like I was there.

Oh wait.

I had the same thoughts about the River Dance.. I only went to see it because Dolly was supposed to pop in. Once it started, I realized that there would be girls shaking their asses, so I was impressed.

For anyone who's never been, Dollywood is an amazing park.

Alrighty, so it's time to get completely caught up. This past weekend, Jen and I met up with a plethora of our TPR friends for a weekend at Dollywood.

If your were lucky you missed the epic Erving Walker fail while you were at the park on Saturday.

But do you know what's missing from your PTR?

Do you?

How about Jen?

But thanks for the PTR, I added it to the Park Index anyway.

Thanks for the Report, Steve, I love reading reports where it's so clear the writer had a great time!

I'm also really glad Thunderhead is still running so well. In my opinion, that coaster often gets a little left out in best-coaster-talks with all the new stuff going on, but it's great to hear it's still up there with the best!

I read your captions out loud...and with a lisp.

If your were lucky you missed the epic Erving Walker fail while you were at the park on Saturday.

But do you know what's missing from your Photo TR?

Do you?

How about Jen?

But thanks for the Photo TR, I added it to the Park Index anyway.

We left early and watched the game at the cabin, and we both melted down pretty severely. I still haven't gotten over it or the Butler game last year (and may never get over it).

I'll be sure to include Jen next time, and thanks for the addition to the park index!

Stoked that your report was in the form of honey badger. Made me LOL a couple of times because I could hear his voice doing your report.

I was there for media day and have been to Dollywood at least 10 times. It is one of my favorite parks of all time and the people that work there will bend over backwards to help you. Dollywood rules!

Sweet report, and with each of these recent Dollywood TRs, I'm getting more and more excited about seeing Pigeon Forge for the first time later this year. That Jurassic Jungle Cruise will NOT be missed, nor will the fried bologne sandwich.

I'd been wondering what the hell your current avatar image was... Without a doubt, that IS the creepiest mannequin face ever. Looked to me like a cat-person caught mid-transformation, with a horrible wig.

Great Dollywood Trip Report! I really love the look of Wikd Eagle! Being an Irish Dancer myself, that show doesn't look very good. Thank you for actually calling Irish Dancing. Dollywood's food also looks amazing...I definitely am going to try and find a time to get up there this year!