TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

Best Ending

Texas Giant ( Yes it can be rough but on a good day it's much funner )

Worst Ending

Superman Ultimate Flight ( Very intense beginning but a very tame ending. It gets too repetitive and has no forces )

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are all the ones that really made me smile...

Best:

Blue Fire - The last inversion followed by the curve is probably the best moment on a roller coaster currently operating.

Winjas - I'm not going to say anything. But for those who has been on it know what I'm talking about.

Big Bad Wolf - Super intense. And that first moment when you see the water below and then suddenly twist out of the way, your heart jumps.

Goliath - Easily the most intense helix on earth

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at DLP - I love the hidden drop under the water. It feels like it will never end.

Poesidion - The last drop at the end suddenly gets steeper half way through the drop. Very shocking moment.

Here are the ones that really brought the ride down a point. Luckily there aren't too many of these.

Worst:

Ninja - Very good ride. But the ending is just a boring chain lift hill.

Werewolf - A rather painful helix followed by a boring stop.

Superwirble - Even though the sudden stop is a good touch. The moment the train hits the brakes and turns into the station is so long that your seriously go crawl backwards faster.

Typhoon - I never liked the ending to this. It feels like the ride lost so much steam from the awesome twists.

--James

Best

Flight Deck CGA: I love going over the water!

Space Mountain DLR: That ride is so fantastical. The end feels like the ending of a dream or something.

Tremors: The ride never stops being good! I always try to touch that final lone headchopper beam even though I know you can't.

Worst

Grizzly CGA: My dad always says "The brakes are really impressive. They made them really forceful in order to make up for how bad the ride is." Well, I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the brakes aren't like that to impress people.

Its a small park that doesn't get enough lovin' but at Seabreeze the awesome Jack Rabbit has a neat ending- you enter the tunnel that many coasters of its era ended with and you can see the station entering the tunnel, but what you can't see is the small drop hidden in the tunnel (which follows the natural terrain under the coaster if you ever go over to the overflow lot where you can get views alongside the coaster). This gives you a pop of air going into the station.

On the boring end...Top Thrill Drag Queen. One big hill into a break run and then crawl back to the station and hop you don't have to wait outside the station due to a stack-up. I wonder if Kinda Ka and its return leg hill is any better?

On a side note when I was working last summer at CP we were sitting in the Iron Dragon Island break area and I kept calling TTD Top Thrill Drag Queen and one of its ops was there and when he went back to his ride he accidentally called the ride that into the mic!

Best: Cyclops at Mt. Olympus - the last drop with the ejector air in the back seat is insane.

Worst: Dragon at Adventureland (Iowa) - those final corners cause you to slam your head into the seat and restraints giving you a headache.

Adventure Express is not only a terrible finale, but what makes it worse is that it is "Themed"...ugh (although I do think the pre-ending ride is fun)

Same thing with Ninja at 6F Magic Mountain- It really is the best Arrow Suspended that I've been on (haven't had a chance to ride Big Bad Wolf), but the ending???? Wish they put the station 50 ft lower and just had a really long lift hill.

I'm not crazy about the ending of Superman at my home park of 6F Great America either. Everythings' cool until you hit the last inversion and then whammo-brakes, a very slow ride until the pre-station brakes, which gives all the delinquents a chance to spit or throw gum on the brake run. Then a meandering few seconds until you are back in the station.

I think the ending of "The Beast" (after the helix) is anti-climatical and "Son Of Beast" just out and out painful.

As far as "Good Endings"...I never want a coaster ride to end, so there's that . . .

Good Endings

Millenium Force - SPEED!

Maverick - Sharp Turns into a surprise airtime hill!

Mystery Mine!

Apollo's Chariot - SURPRISE!

Dominator - HELIX!

Blazing Fury - SPLOOSH!

Bad Endings

Diamondback - SLOW helix into a lame airtimeless splashdown and brakes Splashdowns look cool from the outside but I want to enjoy the ride while I am on it thank you!

Alpengeist - Umm what were they thinking on that one?

Adventure Express - the reason has been given enough

Volcano - The end starts after the first slow inversion then I sit for the rest of the ride wondering if I am having deja vu because the same thing is happening over and over and over and over and ov....

Any other ride with a lift hill at the end!

I think the ending of "The Beast" (after the helix) is anti-climatical and "Son Of Beast" just out and out painful.

This is the strangest review of The Beast's ending I've read. You don't consider the helix the ending? The turn, drop and rise into the brakes aren't the ending. The helix is.

What's Voyage's finale? A turn into the brakes? Because I consider it maybe the two twisting hills, two tunnels and the turn into the brakes. That I find spectacular. I also like Raptor's corkscrew into the double helix.

For mine, as dull as I feel The Beast is, that ending is still pretty amazing. The helix -- yes, I consider that the ending -- is the most out of control ending on a wooden coaster I've experienced.

And I've gotta go with either Adventure Express or Six Flags Magic Mountain's Ninja having the lamest finale. Bleh. A lift hill into the brakes! Oooh.

I'm surprised that Adventure Express has been mentioned the worse so many times. The beginning of the ride is excellent - and you have to have a lift somewhere along the course. For an arrow mine ride I think it's one of the best ones out there. It's long, has lots of speed (for a mine ride) and several changes of direction. It's great in the dark and is in a nice setting around all the trees. I suppose its fair though since the discussion is about endings.

My favs:

Afterburn at Carowinds. You hit that last wing-over just after you've slowed down after going uphill out of the batwing. That's an insane little wing-over, then circle around into the brakes. Pretty cool.

Wildcat at CP. I like that it goes through the last helix pretty quick then into the brakes. I do wish they were magnetic brakes to slow it down a bit more gradually though.

Mystery Mine

FOF

Batman clones - awesome.

Vortex at KI - I like that it slows itself in the upward helix...making for a softer stop.

MF is cool that in that the queue is in the ending-infield. When you see people clapping and screaming at the end, that really gets me excited too.

Any coaster that still has skid brakes is cool and can be unpredictable...esp when wet.

Least Favs:

Mantis - too abrupt, but love the layout. Same for Raptor.

Nighthawk at Carowinds or Firehawk at KI - I think i just don't like anything about these Vekoma fliers - especially the restraints - and the endings.

I guess for me I just like the softer brakes rather than being ubruptly brought to a halt.

Best- Bizarro/S:ROS at Six Flags New England-The spaghetti bowl is insane!

Boulderdash at Lake Compounce-The triple up put in by GCI is possibly the best part of the ride.

Worst-Any SLC and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster-The entire ride after the launch is pretty boring.

I'm surprised that Adventure Express has been mentioned the worse so many times. The beginning of the ride is excellent - and you have to have a lift somewhere along the course. For an arrow mine ride I think it's one of the best ones out there. It's long, has lots of speed (for a mine ride) and several changes of direction. It's great in the dark and is in a nice setting around all the trees. I suppose its fair though since the discussion is about endings.

The problem is there is a lift already in the beginning, if there was NO lift then I wouldn't put it on there. But I do agree the ride is awesome otherwise my fav. thing about VMT's is getting thrown around in direction changes

The problem is there is a lift already in the beginning, if there was NO lift then I wouldn't put it on there. But I do agree the ride is awesome otherwise my fav. thing about VMT's is getting thrown around in direction changes

If there was a story (themeing) to the ride the ending might make sense, making a kind of story maybe?