TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tallest coaster you've been on.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steel - Kingda Ka. Unfortunately, I would rate it as one of the cruddiest rides I've been on. (But it's little brother, Top Thrill Dragster, is a fun ride with a classy operation.)

Wood - Son of Beast. Is it ground shattering that the tallest coasters I've been on were two of the worst? How many times did they say "it doesn't have to be tall ..."

Steel - Kingda Ka. Unfortunately, I would rate it as one of the cruddiest rides I've been on. (But it's little brother, Top Thrill Dragster, is a fun ride with a classy operation.)

Wood - Son of Beast. Is it ground shattering that the tallest coasters I've been on were two of the worst? How many times did they say "it doesn't have to be tall ..."

Do you think kingda ka is that bad? I honestly never got a bad ride in it. And while I did notice some roughness, if you sit in the front it's fine. I actually felt it was, for some reason, more intense than TTD. But maybe I caught it in good days.

Do you think kingda ka is that bad? I honestly never got a bad ride in it. And while I did notice some roughness, if you sit in the front it's fine. I actually felt it was, for some reason, more intense than TTD. But maybe I caught it in good days.

Meh, it shook the crap outta me. Add to that the stupid OTSRs and horrendous operation and... you know

Don't take me wrong - I can have fun on any coaster with good friends, but at the time I felt it was a huge hunk of junk.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I may have posted in this thread already, but what the heck.

Steel:

1. Top Thrill Dragster (CP) - 420 feet

2. Superman: Escape from Krypton (SFMM) - 380-390 feet

3. Millennium Force (CP) - 310 feet

Wood:

1. Mean Streak (CP) - 161 feet

2. Colossus (SFMM) - 125 feet

3. Ghost Rider (KBF) - 118 feet