TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I don't even get the "trying to grab feet" angle.

Who jumps two fences and tries to grab at people's feet who are riding a 50mph roller coaster?

He'd have to the dumbest kid alive not to realize what would happen if he actually managed to grab something.

It'd be like walking into the middle of an interstate and trying to grab a cars side mirror as it goes by.

For reference I bought SIX flags stock at 1.81 three weeks ago and in 3 days sold it at 1.94 and its been dropping ever since but it did drop a little more then usual today but I don't think this had as much of an effect as it may seem, especially considering all the markets have been dropping a lot lately with increasing Oil and Oil stock trades.

I think the stock took a slide in response to the news that one of their directors sold off millions of stock in the company, not because of this news. I'd imagine that serious investors would understand this event, despite being in the news, would have little effect on operations and SF finances

Seeing those pictures of the ride and the overheads of the park, I can totally see the desire to find a shortcut. Like i said earlier, I am unfamiliar with SFoG, but it appears as though they were coming from the overflow lot, and that there is no entrance gate near that side of the park.

Actually that's the main lot, the park just has 2 parking lots... and the park runs a tram service to that lot so its not like he HAD to walk

To clear things up a little I was at the park today, (ride closed all day ), but as we were leaving we drove back to batman to see if we could see anything, and at certain parts you would only have to jump the perimiter fence, now... I'm not saying six flags is at fault because they aren't. I just think it's odd that everyone is saying TWO fences when it could have very easily just been that one fence he hopped. Now there is a sign RIGHT there by the helix saying NO ADMITTANCE. This kid had a death wish.

You know what...it KILLS me when people are all like "he was a good kid" and "he always listen" but when you go to their myspace page you see a totally different person, and it the same in this situation. That is NOT the page of an "angel". I think that page of his retracts everything that everyone has been saying.

Not to mention the whole "P***y, Weed, Money" theme he had going. Not that this makes him any more deserving to die, but given that the media kept emphasizing the fact that he was with a "church group," there's just a definite disconnect there between the boy the media describes and the boy as described by himself on his myspace.

I agree Amen!!!!When incidents like this happen they say he was a good kid he would never do such a thing,he always listen!!!I just went to hismyspace page he is not a angel it even says at the top excuse me if I say this but Pussy,Weed,Money!!!That is ashame and you call that an angel!!! I still give my blessings to the kid,family,and friends!!Damn it another one that goes in the book!!

That whole page was disgusting. Definitely wasn't a "victim" in all this. But, of course, he deserved a retarded desk job at some firm in Iowa (even more desolate) where all the women at work are ugly, but he certainly did deserve death. As for parents, the thing the page says about the parents is that they really didn't moniter him that close. Are they a fault? No. But could they maybe have helped prevent? Perhaps.

^^I don't know of any 17 year olds who have their myspace monitered by their parents. Of course, most 17 year olds would not be willing to jump in front of an oncoming coaster Timothy Bottoms-style either. (Timothy Bottoms had more sense though.)

You guys are fucking ridiculous if you're judging this kid's character off his Myspace page. Teenagers never ever ever lie about, misrepresent or artificially inflate their image on the internet, NO WAY.