TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

The lift hill is *45 degrees with the drop being *65 degrees, the helix is suppose to max out at 4.5 g's but this is a B&M so I would say it's actually closer to 3.0 to 3.5 g max in the helix.

No this is not the first sitdown coaster to feature a overbanked/horse shoe turn, it might be B&M's first i'm not 100% sure. Intamin is the main maker that I know of, of overbanked turns most all their coasters have them from sitdown to invert.

I love the look of this coaster the only thing I'm having a major problem with is the net's everywhere, yet I know they have to be there for guest safety. I truly wish SFMM had this type of Goliath instead of the Goliath we do have, even if it had to be in the p-lot I would rather have this in the p-lot instead of Scream.

I still happy with my SFMM Goliath but I can't wait to give SFOG Goliath a spin.

^Humm...I really dont know why, but compairing picture of the lift to some picture of Sheikra's lift, Goliath's looks liek ita at a shallower angle, as the lift looks longer too. I dont know, Ill find out in a few weeks!

Colin C

The cars look great! But, I have a feeling this is going to be like Intamin, a "Small people only, no fat people" ride. That's a shame. Even Arrow and Morgan hyper coasters allow big people to ride. Even Vekoma rides with lap bars allow big people to ride. Hopefully one day, Intamin and B&M will realize that there are plenty of big people that ride coasters. Colincoon wrote that the helix would pull 4.5 g's but since it's a B&M, it will pull 3.0 g's. How's that possible?

Are you kidding me? B&M hyper trains are more accomodating than those for Arrow and Morgan! Very roomy and with the multi-ratchet lapbar, very easy to fit varying sizes. I mean, unless the rider is grossly obese they should have no problem riding, and if they are, then fitting on a roller coaster is the least of their worries.

If each train has a different color scheme that will be nice but the first trains colors , teal, orange, and there is lime green on it on the side plates. That looks to go well with the blue/teal and orange track color. Don't the concept arts show a red'ish color train though?

I really don't like the green. Seems as if that should be silver to stick with the theme.

Anyway, I was there on opening day and took a whole mess of pics from the ride. 8 are now up on rcdb, the last 8 are mine:

http://rcdb.com/ig3290.htm

I especially like this one of the helix. That's gonna be a great part in the ride:

http://rcdb.com/ig3290.htm?picture=31

Can someone who's been this year confirm whether they've cut another entrance to the area from back where Crystal Pistol is? Or is it just one way in/out like before?

Nope, not even employees can cut through there anymore as its now a restricted area.

Doug Stanton and I went to the park today, and heard from a couple people that it had tested earlier that morning. So, after the park closed, we stuck around for another hour or so to see if they'd test it again. Sure enough, they did.

All I can say is wow. The train goes through it's course at least twice as fast as in the animation (no exaggeration). It was absolutely amazing.

I've ridden over 170 different coasters, and I can safely say that if it continues to operate like it did today, it will easily rank as one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, coasters ever built.

All I can say is wow. The train goes through it's course at least twice as fast as in the animation (no exaggeration). It was absolutely amazing.

Well, that IS an exaggeration, nut it was booking.

From your video (if you can call it that)

Q: Doesn't it look too fast?

A: It was.

Oh my this ride will kick.

As far as I could tell, if it WAS on, it sure as hell didn't make much of a difference because it flew over the bunny hops. But I'd guess it wasn't on, though it would be hard to tell by sound simply because Goliath roars.

I think the trim will probably come on eventually (because it was too fast), but with the speed the train had, it won't kill the ride.

Hi, yea, I mean I DID take photos of the trim, I think I know it's there. The question was if it was on or not, and it wasn't (still off tonight). By second train, I know it was on the track (again, I took pictures just a couple of days ago) but I meant they were going to cycle two and not just one.