TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Orlando 2011

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn...late to the party again!

Well, if anyone wants to make fun of my photos in my trip reports, feel free! As you probably know, I take my pics on a cheap camera that I can keep tucked into my pockets on rides. I have talked over and over about investing in a really nice camera in order to take awesome theme park pics like Hanno and Invertalon (and many others) for TPR reports, but it just hasn't come to fruition yet.

I was very disappointed to see Invertalon react in the manner he did as he has posted some of the most amazing pics on this site (minus the watermark, obviously). If I were an amateur photographer with a kick ass camera, I would be looking for comments from everyone (especially the pros) to critique and offer suggestions on how to get better shots - the more, the better.

I have some advice for Invertalon if he is still reading this thread: Suck it up, dude...because when you enter your career after college, you better be able to accept all types of criticism in your workplace or you are destined for personal failure. If you get pissy and run and hide or get all defensive, you are just setting yourself up for a miserable life and your co-workers are going to loathe you.

Like Robb said...get a sac, suck it up and use it to better yourself. It is only going to make you stronger!

To be honest, if I ever do get that camera and am able to perfect my photography skills, I would feel honored for people to post my photos, use them as an avatar...whatever!

Hell, I was thrilled last year when a member sent me a message on here asking if he could use my crappy pics from a Conneaut Lake trip report on his website. I thought it was really cool that someone would ask me if I minded if they used my pictures...even though I don't particularly see them as anything special! I was just having FUN!

Hell, I was thrilled last year when a member sent me a message on here asking if he could use my crappy pics from a Conneaut Lake trip report on his website. I thought it was really cool that someone would ask me if I minded if they used my pictures...even though I don't particularly see them as anything special! I was just having FUN!

He asked? As long as there was no watermark on it I would have just stole it!

This thread (starting from page 4) is F'ing HILARIOUS!!!! Thanks for turning my otherwise dull day into a fun day.

And then of course what really made my day was Robb going postal on the two "goody two shoes" who actually considered this "bullying" GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK!!!

If you can't figure out that people are just having harmless fun then you shouldn't be out in public unsupervised.

Thanks again Robb and the rest of the forum who actually has a sense of humor for brightening my day.

OMG and the "Butt Hurt?" picture is freakin' PRICELESS!!!

So I viewed the original pictures when this thread was created and never came back. I thought the pictures were decent, but really didn't see them as being top of the line, but good. The watermark killed them. I saw the watermark reference on the forum title, and then Chris' avatar and performed a search and landed back here. I've spent the last 15 minutes looking at this thread. You just can't script this stuff, it's just too good.

As a bit of a disclaimer and or background, I've had some of my Texas Giant photos posted here appear on other forums. One forum had one of my posts word for word with no ref to TPR and I was like WTF? and called them out on it. Problem solved. To paraphrase a conversation with Robb on the topic, one should feel good about themselves if someone else likes your stuff so well that they use it (even if they claim it's there own work). And I totally agree.

I was stoked when my crappy cell phone pictures (which Robb helped get on the site while I was at the park) and subsequent HD photos of the train on the maintenance track flew across the internet. And honestly, I didn't care, and still don't. What took me by surprise were that people were taking my future PTR's word for word and posting as their own with no reference to TPR. I really didn't care they used them, I just ask for a little respect. As in hey, I was trolling TPR, found this stuff posted by XXX and thought you'd like to see it, or, just post a link back to TPR. It's not hard. 95% of the time I give credit where credit is due. The other 5% I either don't know who to give credit to or forget.

Bottom line is, after much reflection and philosophical thinking, if you post it, and it's good, people will take it. Nothing is safe on the internet, just ask Sony, WB, MGM, etc. Deal with it. No one is going to want to buy a 800x600 photo for their product brochure. It's been my experience they want the original.

So with that, I went out to SFOT today and grabbed some shots of the New Texas Giant's Black train testing. Enjoy.

1753849918_SFOTToday121_jog.jpg.bd480e58fc612728f61edf45083096bd.jpg

Ya know, this thread has amused me to no end.

I remember seeing the pics when they were first posted. I thought that they were nice. Granted, I'm NOT a great photographer like Hanno, or Dan. I have been told I have a good eye, and that I do take good pictures. But I don't have the talent or equipment to take GREAT pics. Nor, do I want to. Sometimes I get lucky. (See Below)

I know I have somewhere over 5,000 pics on TPR. Big deal. People have only wanted copies of my stitches anyway.

I also think that no one really takes more abuse on this site than I do (Well, maybe Chris) Big deal. Get some thicker skin.

JJ

(Awaiting all the "leather skin jokes now.)

copywright.jpg.ca2838121a678635ff9d8a77310c8036.jpg

One of my favorite pictures ever that I actually took.

Chad- Great Points above. The thing that differentiated your photos from the original posters are that yours were particularly newsworthy, so they were much more likely to be stolen. I think the way you handled it with the other website was commendable. Oh, by the way, I'm totally getting those watermarks out of that photo tomorrow .

Mr. Johnson- Agreed and LOL!

Everyone Else- I've got a fever and the only thing that can cure it is more watermark photos. PLEASE help me!

©hris ©onnolly

What, does this guy think, he's Captain watermark? Captin Watermarkin? Whenever somebody needs some photos watermarked, they go to him!

Not my photo, not my problem. That's what I always say.

Stupid dresses

Stupid flowers

Watermarks Rule, If you don't like the watermarks then you suck!

What, does this guy think, he's Captain watermark? Captin Watermarkin? Whenever somebody needs some photos watermarked, they go to him!

Not my photo, not my problem. That's what I always say.

Stupid dresses

Stupid flowers

Watermarks Rule, If you don't like the watermarks then you suck!

Gonna watermark all over me, Mr. Watermark? Yeah right.

Oh, by the way, I'm totally getting those watermarks out of that photo tomorrow .

Bring it on! My watermark is specially trained to detect intruders. If tampered with, it will implode the picture within seconds and leave nothing but the watermark. Go Go Gadget Watermark

Because I am planning a trip to Orlando in 2011, I saw this thread when it was new with the pictures. I remember thinking the watermarks were a bit much so I didn't look at all the pictures. It is a shame the original poster could not take advice from the season pros.

Of course if he had of taken the advice we wouldn't have this GREAT thread. That being said:

Watermarks-Let-me-call-my-friend-whos-an-expert-on-watermarks.jpg.4cedbf991a11cca5c29f48543f32c536.jpg