TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Lets say how much this day sucked..

CEO walks to me this morning and asks, Are you single by chance?

Yes, I replied to her. She then asked what type of women I like (I guess someone liked me).

I explained as best that I could that I don't like women.... without actually saying it but she caught my drift.

20 minutes later I was pulled into her office and fired... They used the reasons "Family Atmosphere, Moral Employees"

Now I'm officially getting a lawyer. First time I've been discriminated against... sigh... I love stupid people...

Lets say how much this day sucked..

CEO walks to me this morning and asks, Are you single by chance?

Yes, I replied to her. She then asked what type of women I like (I guess someone liked me).

I explained as best that I could that I don't like women.... without actually saying it but she caught my drift.

20 minutes later I was pulled into her office and fired... They used the reasons "Family Atmosphere, Moral Employees"

Now I'm officially getting a lawyer. First time I've been discriminated against... sigh... I love stupid people...

So because you don't like women, she fired you? What job do you have?

One of my friends thinks I'm a bad person for having two H3 beta invites. I'm also willing to give out the Crackdown H3 beta invite...

It took effort to go play Halo 2 for three hours on three school days. It takes effort to stay focused on that while keeping in touch with everything else. I got in.

How much effort does it take to go preorder a game? Not much.

Sure, he lost his Halo 2 disc, but it only costs like $19.99 now.

I'm so tired of people saying "that's gay" to everything that's seems stupid to them.

When will people realize that gay means you are attracted to people of the same sex and that's all.

Or it can mean happy... in some cases.

D:<

^ Get over it.

Heck, I say things are gay all the time.

Take the word bitch. Wfen you call somone a bitch are you actually calling them a female dog? When you call somone a bitch, does that automatically mean that you have somthing against girl dogs?

No.

^you have to be careful what you say around others, because it may offend. Telling someone to get over it is usually not the right thing to say. Someone said the "N" word to me and I told him not to say that and he told me to get over it... everyone uses it... after I threw him against the wall, he had to figure out something else to say .

^THANK YOU

Mark, then is it ok if i said everything that was stupid was "Latino?" Or when someone says something stupid I say, "that's mexican." I would probably get beat up for that by anybody but no one cares if you say "that's gay" anymore. It just makes me really mad.

It's oh so not cool to be insensitive to other groups. Just a few minutes ago at work I get called aside by a black and a latino coworker that work in the department that issues refunds to customers. They wanted me to verify the meaning of a word. This is what the general manager of the company put on the form (on a stickie note) as he denied the refund for an Asian person:

"No refunds for gooks"

We all were horrified, offended and upset that he would put that as business correspondence, especially with him being Jewish and was just ranting about some article he read about anti-semetic remarks that were written on a synogogue van. I said "He must have been hitting the bottle again when he wrote it." (he thinks he's hiding his alcoholism)

That was too much for words.

^ OK so we're knocking peope for being insensitive and disrespectful, but then we can call other people alcoholics in the same breath....

I have friends that are, gay, black, latino, white, smart, dumb, fat, skinny, etc. I say dumb things from time to time in front of all of them. Hey, that's me. I never say it to be insensitive, it just comes out. None of them hold it against me, because they know I love them for who they are.

If one word gets your undies in a bunch while used in a goofy context, you need to lighten up. Political Correctness has gone mad.

^Alcoholism is a disease, calling him a functioning drunk would be insensitive.

But calling someone an alcoholic would be the politically correct thing to say right? I think someone who acknowledges his drinking problem would be rather be called an alcoholic than a drunk. So I really don't think I was really insensitive in my comment towards him.

Anyway, I really don't have to lighten up over things that offends others and myself. I would like to think that I am thinking of others when those types of comments are made, instead of being selfish and telling people to lighten up or get over it. But hey, if that's your thing, more power to ya. You do your thing, it's America right?

I don't think political correctness is the issue. I think a lot a people just don't have either the regard for others or any understanding of other's backgrounds, preferences or cultures; so a lot of people will not only say things that are insensitive to others, but won't think anything is wrong with it. And they will especially say things online that they wouldn't say to someone to their face; and that's just not right.

^^^ Actually, I think the one family member I have prefered the term "suffering from alcoholism" than being called an alcoholic.

While not in the same vain, I attended school in Milwaukee. For those that know, Wisconsinites like to call Illinoisians, FIBs or FISHs. It's a stupid acronym for F***cking Illinois Bastards or F***cking Illinois S***head. If I had a nickel for everytime some nitwit from Wisconsin called me that, my college loan would have been paid off in full at graduation. Did it bother me? Heck, yes. It was just plain stupid, and the source was typically just as dumb.

There's dumb people that say dumb things because they're uneducated about all aspects of life. Deal with it. Morons are everywhere, and you can't chnage or educate them all.

Alcoholism is a disease, calling him a functioning drunk would be insensitive.

MS is a disease. AIDS is a disease. Lou Gehrig's Disease, is a disease.

Alcoholism is a weakness. You're not born or inflicted with alcoholism.

That's my rant.

I hate people who can not admit that Apple owns Microsoft.

I hate people who can't understand that some people don't need a $2,000 Mac that won't do anything better then a $400 PC. (considering that not everyone needs to use photoshop,video editing,video chat,etc).

I hate people who can not admit that Apple owns Microsoft.

I hate people who can't understand that some people don't need a $2,000 Mac that won't do anything better then a $400 PC. (considering that not everyone needs to use photoshop,video editing,video chat,etc).

the mac mini costs less than vista ultimate... the mac mini comes with ilife(amazing software package) and mac os x(the most advanced OS). 2,000?

the mac mini costs less than vista ultimate... the mac mini comes with ilife(amazing software package) and mac os x(the most advanced OS). 2,000?

I was talking about iMacs,etc.

If Macs really "owned" MS, then they'd outsell PCs. Which they don't come even close to doing.

The "quality" argument is subjective. But you can't argue that Apple is better financially because it simply isn't.