TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Knoebels was cancelled, and since the are opening a ride which has been extinct for decades, got me really ticked off. Second, Coney Island was also cancelled, which since I would have made my most emotionally powerful coaster video by far had I gone, only made the situation even worse. Third of all, at BGA today, I had to follow my family at a snail's pace, which although I did ride all of the coasters (BTW, Gwazi was actually smooth) I only did one lap around the park, which I could have easily done three or four. If only one of these had occurred, I would still be ticked off, but nowhere near as much. Since they pulled a three pronged attack, since each occurred within two weeks of each other, I am nearing my limits of self control, and those limits are very high.

Robb, I thank you for creating this thread, an ingenious emergency ventilation system, since had this thread not been created, I have no idea how many more parks would be cancelled.

^I could probably go around a park like that 4 or 5 times in a day.

I really hate the way some stores let kids under 12 buy M rated games. Also, this annoys me: Let's take a look at the ratings for Crackdown for the 360...

Game Rating: M (Mature)

Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Drugs

Okay...

Blood and Gore: If by blood you mean a red vapor, and gore as in hearing a loud CRUNCH as you fall to the ground...then sure.

Intense Violence: Erm...yeah...obvious.

Sexual Themes: Sure, some residents of Pacific City are in skimpy clothing, and some billboards and signs are kind of inapropriate...not that you would notice anything.

Strong Language: Except for the opening cutscene ("Its all gone to ****, and it ain't getting any better...") There is little noticeable language.

Use of Drugs: We can cross that off. No drugs, and I mean, NO footage of drug use in this game, period. Sure, mentioning of drug trafficing, but that doesn't suffice for a "Use of Drugs" category.

OMG my teacher and principal get on my nerves so bad. My teacher allows kids in class to sit there an make rude comments towards me, and call me names yet she does nothing. Ok so I am gay, that does not give people the right to do this. So I get sick of it and I go to the office and explain the problem to the principal and do you know what he says? He said "It was your choice to become gay, now you have to learn to deal with the way people treat you because of your choice. As far as I am concerned there is no problem this is america and people have the right to say what they want" So I tried to explain to him in more detail what was going on and then he said... "I do not want to discuss this any farther please leave my office." So I said "No Not till you resolve this issue" and he said "I told you once there is no issue, now if you do not leave my office you will spend the rest of the day in ISS." OMFG So I was like so pi$$ed. Do people really have the right to treat someone like $h!t because they are gay? AHHHHHHHHHHHH This is driving me crazy.

~Matthew

OMG my teacher and principal get on my nerves so bad. My teacher allows kids in class to sit there an make rude comments towards me, and call me names yet she does nothing. Ok so I am gay, that does not give people the right to do this. So I get sick of it and I go to the office and explain the problem to the principal and do you know what he says? He said "It was your choice to become gay, now you have to learn to deal with the way people treat you because of your choice. As far as I am concerned there is no problem this is america and people have the right to say what they want" So I tried to explain to him in more detail what was going on and then he said... "I do not want to discuss this any farther please leave my office." So I said "No Not till you resolve this issue" and he said "I told you once there is no issue, now if you do not leave my office you will spend the rest of the day in ISS." OMFG So I was like so pi$$ed. Do people really have the right to treat someone like $h!t because they are gay? AHHHHHHHHHHHH This is driving me crazy.

~Matthew

Oh, he's probably a conservitive Christan. He doesn't want to admit there's an issue because then EVERYONE gets involved. Just like that old saying, "people are scared of what they don't understand(or know)". Put into perfect context here.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the information and support! I do not think I am going to worry about it I mean I only have 15 days of school left. I was just angry about it at the time so I posted it here. I did not mean to like make the thread all about me. So you guys can go back to posting random rants now. Thanks again for all the support!

~Matthew

the ACLU is more likely to defend the free speech of the person speaking about gays. I really don't get your point, except that you like to remind us all about how oppressed you are.

To be honest, I was just making a suggestion on how to help someone with a problem. If you have a better solution to this, I would love to hear it.

I think these days a lot of young people have different problems and sometime they think they have nowhere to turn to, and I think it's up to older people like you and I to lend guidance to them, rather than making them feel worse or shooting them down. Now I was trying to help.

And I really think that's a shame that you would be so callous to other's problems gay or not. And it's not the first time I've seen things of this nature on the board. The last time was when Thrillrideseeker was asking prices in Orlando because he is moving there and so many people were so quick to crack jokes or make light of it (it seems you had a comment and deleted it...hmmm) .... and I decided to answer his question instead. I sure he appreciated that, like anyone who speaks on this forum. No one wants to feel like they don't matter or they aren't worth anything; so I would ask the next time someone thinks something may be funny, think about someone else's feeling for a change before speaking, or just keep it to yourself.

And that's my rant for today.

This isn't a rant, so mutch as it is me whining. I wanna go back to Disneyland so badly. I was there for the first time in so many years a month ago, and I ended up getting food poisoning and throwing up all over Main Street.

Can you say, Oranges and french fries dont mix well. =]

Gah, I feel so bad for Ty, he even told me the orange juice would make me worse and I was just like, "Pff, you don't know what you're talking about." Then a few hours later, there was projectile hamburger all over his shoes.

Hahaa he has been irritating but yea. =]

aww alyssaaaa thats not nice =[

Yes but i am not that nice of a person so suck it Johnnie. =]

And I really think that's a shame that you would be so callous to other's problems gay or not. And it's not the first time I've seen things of this nature on the board. The last time was when Thrillrideseeker was asking prices in Orlando because he is moving there and so many people were so quick to crack jokes or make light of it (it seems you had a comment and deleted it...hmmm) .... and I decided to answer his question instead. I sure he appreciated that, like anyone who speaks on this forum. No one wants to feel like they don't matter or they aren't worth anything; so I would ask the next time someone thinks something may be funny, think about someone else's feeling for a change before speaking, or just keep it to yourself.

And that's my rant for today.

Yes, I can be callous (and shallow) sometimes. Too bad, it sounds like people face I lot worse in life.

I've had people treat me like crap plenty of times, but guess what I deal with it and move on.

Regarding the deleting of the Florida posts. Yes, I deleted my posts because for every sarcastic post I made the thread starter asked another question that I perceived to be from someone who is either real stupid or just looking for attention. Then I decided that instead of propogating the problem I would ignore it. My posts were always humor filled in that thread. For the record I had 3 people PM me to tell me the "Black Market Bread" story was hysterical. Now I am sad that I deleted my posts because the humor and smiles I brought to 3 people can not be shared with others.

You sound like someone who has moved around quite a bit, did you ever think to ask half those questions. Come on, "What's the price of bread?" Unless you are going on an Anti-Atkins diet or starting a sandwich shop the question is stupid. I tried to let in die by removing my posts from the thread, but you brought is up again elsewhere. If like would like I will continue to beat this dead horse. I'm callous like that towards horses also.

Yes, I can be callous (and shallow) sometimes. Too bad, it sounds like people face I lot worse in life.

I've had people treat me like crap plenty of times, but guess what I deal with it and move on.

Regarding the deleting of the Florida posts. Yes, I deleted my posts because for every sarcastic post I made the thread starter asked another question that I perceived to be from someone who is either real stupid or just looking for attention. Then I decided that instead of propogating the problem I would ignore it. My posts were always humor filled in that thread. For the record I had 3 people PM me to tell me the "Black Market Bread" story was hysterical. Now I am sad that I deleted my posts because the humor and smiles I brought to 3 people can not be shared with others.

You sound like someone who has moved around quite a bit, did you ever think to ask half those questions. Come on, "What's the price of bread?" Unless you are going on an Anti-Atkins diet or starting a sandwich shop the question is stupid. I tried to let in die by removing my posts from the thread, but you brought is up again elsewhere. If like would like I will continue to beat this dead horse. I'm callous like that towards horses also.

If at 40 you like being callous towards others instead of helping and beating dead horses, I shall leave you to it. Whack away slightly, politely and if so, all nightly.

I got a date.

Nitey!

Terrance "Happy with his life" Weaver

(end of my rant for today)

If at 40 you like being callous towards others instead of helping and beating dead horses, I shall leave you to it.

^So, he should help and beat dead horses? Wouldn't those two activities be mutually exclusive? I suppose he could help the dead horses after beating them, but what would that accomplish?

I'm sorry, that sentence just brought out the editor in me.

Okay i have been looking for a downloadable version of Darude :: Tell Me (Radio Edit) and when i thought i found it, IT DIDNT WORK> i Was so pissed. I spent 2 hours looking!! Why does music have to be my life?

$&*% &$ &!*$ << For Shure.

^So, he should help and beat dead horses? Wouldn't those two activities be mutually exclusive? I suppose he could help the dead horses after beating them, but what would that accomplish?

I'm sorry, that sentence just brought out the editor in me.

No problem. If you had nothing else to do last night but correct sentences, have at it. I got away from my laptop and had some fun. Maybe more people should get out and do the same. The change in perspective is very refreshing.

I try to help when I can, and I do volunteer work (like this sunday at 8am!), just so I'm helping to give back and try to make the world a little better.

Just trying to go into my 40s a little more upbeat, helpful and friendly. Never seen so many people get that age and bask in their negativity. Besides this is conversation, not a publication. I wouldn't try to bring too much of your work home, it really ages you and makes ya bitter!

(ooh another rant)

^Terrance, as a general rule, I don't go around acting like a 19th-century schoolmarm, correcting the grammar and syntax of others when I'm "off the clock." But the combination of the "dead horses" cliche with the dangling participle was rather difficult to resist.

I'll leave you with my favorite copyeditor's joke:

How many copyeditors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Unclear--do you mean to replace the lightbulb or to have sex in it?

^Terrence, as a general rule, I don't go around acting like a 19th-century schoolmarm, correcting the grammar and syntax of others when I'm "off the clock."

You don't have to explain anything to me, it's ok. Really. You do you.

I just saw you do it at least twice before ending your post in "brought out the editor in me".... kinda how I remember it.

Nothing else really to say.

I try to help when I can, and I do volunteer work (like this sunday at 8am!), just so I'm helping to give back and try to make the world a little better.

Just trying to go into my 40s a little more upbeat, helpful and friendly. Never seen so many people get that age and bask in their negativity.

Well I applaud you for the volunteerism. I myself have have amout 2,000 hours under my belt from coaching youth basketball and organizing fund raisers for youth sports programs.

You are right at age 40 I really should find better things to do at 11PM on a Thursday night when I get back from the gym. What type of idiot goes to the gym 4-5 nights a week?