TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Why can't jeans have normal solid colour washes anymore? It's always this faded distressed denim that looks like it was dragged around in the dirt, peed on, and torn apart by rabid goats. I bought the most comfortably awesome pair of jeans yesterday, but after I had gotten home, ripped off the tags, and put them on I realized that they make it look like I just peed my pants! I HAVE PEE JEANS. I can't return them since I already ripped the tags off, and they're too comforable to part with anyway. Maybe nobody will notice since I'm sure 392852359 other people have pee pants too.

My bank has been being retarted! I tried to take the money out for my Knott's pass today, and the ATM wouldn't let me! And when I tried to transfer money to my parent's account, they said my account was frozen. Usually, the bank has been pretty good, but for the past few months, it has sucked.

---Brent

- A local Cincinnati TV station has a story with footage of Firehawk from today. Before the footage, they show the OLD PKI logo used 1993-2002. That should piss off two companies: 1) Cedar Fair, for not using the correct new logo; and 2) Paramount for using their logo on a property they no longer own. I'm still seeing the Paramount logo being used to promote the place by third-party groups... aarrgghh.

- What's wrong with showing butt cheeks/ass cracks on TV? Yes, I understanding censoring frontal nudity... I also don't get when they censor "damn" and "ass" on some programs.

- Gas stations that do "cheap gas" promotions. Yes, no better way to save money by getting people to drive across town, and then idle and sit there to fill-up on gas, when they could have gone to the nearby regular priced station and not done the excess driving and waiting. These promotions make as much sense (to me) as $1 beer nights and $300 laptops.

2) I hate people who created the whole pop up, spyware, adware crap. Its just annoying. Having to install third party software just to erase that kind of stuff.

Something tells me this is why Dell sells so many computers so often... Why try to remove the problem or fix it, when you can just buy something that's advertised as faster and better, and for cheap.

And another thing to rant on: Cop killers. I know some words to describe these people, but I won't repeat them. I'm also not fond of rappers and record companies that glorify this (expletive).

I saw America's Most Wanted, where they showed a segment about two cops in Charlotte that were shot in the head. Some people would say "that's part of the risk of the job." That's no excuse.

You know what I really hate? When those snobby kids with their rich parents buy everything little Timmy/Bobby/Kyle/etc wants.

They get the 30' LCD TV for their ROOM, buy an Xbox 360 and all peripherals on the market, and buy all the games (Retail and Arcade) just for achievements.

I have a friend who says he can be okay with that when both of these are true:

A)Jewish

B)Only Child

Only then is it acceptable. Otherwise, get a job and make some hard-earned cash like you're going to have to when you're 20+.

My cat was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer last year. Because we caught it early we are able to treat her with a tiny pill twice a day and a round of chemo every three weeks [chemo is MUCH easier on cats than on humans, and it comes in easy pill form] and she's healthy and happy. Anyway, rant part..people are constantly telling me that I'm crazy for treating her because giving a cat a pill twice a day is OMFG WAY TOO MUCH WORK!! Keeping my cat happy, healthy, and ALIVE is too much work?!

You would not believe how many people tell me they'd rather put their cats to sleep than give them a pill even once a day. I understand that not everyone loves their animals as much as others do, but why even have the animal if you aren't willing to take good care of them? It'd be different if that animal were in pain or were suffering, but looking at my cat, you would not believe she were sick at all [or almost 16 years old]. I am not crazy, you just suck!

Believe it or not, not EVERYbody down here in the south talks like they barely passed 3rd grade.

and NASCAR is definitely a sport. Don't try to tell me jumping over a wall holding a 70-pound gas can is easy. Also, try losing 10-15 pounds in a heat chamber while turning a wheel with insane amounts of force-feedback on it.

misplaced rant.

With all the bitching an moaning from Americans about immigrants (legal and illegal)...imagine how the original Americans felt. The new White Stripes song Icky Thump kind of sums it up "Well, Americans:

What, nothin' better to do?

Why don't you kick yourself out?

You're an immigrant too."

Americans who complain about the recent "high" gas prices. We have the cheapest gas in the world...and we also use the most of it (per capita). If the oil companies are gouging..we should complain..if not..we should just shut up..i.m.o.

If you believe that human caused global warming is real...we should welcome higher gas prices (yeah it sucks to pay more, but in the long run...and if you have children, this hopefully will only implement sooner alternative fuel technology solutions).

misplaced rant.

With all the bitching an moaning from Americans about immigrants (legal and illegal)...imagine how the original Americans felt. The new White Stripes song Icky Thump kind of sums it up "Well, Americans:

What, nothin' better to do?

Why don't you kick yourself out?

You're an immigrant too."

Let me add..

People who complain about the terrible "inconvenience" of learning a word or two of another languange (also while residing in a state with a SPANISH name (doh!).

Get a spanish/english, palestinian/jewish, arabic/english...whatever dictionary and DEAL WITH IT.

My cat was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer last year. Because we caught it early we are able to treat her with a tiny pill twice a day and a round of chemo every three weeks [chemo is MUCH easier on cats than on humans, and it comes in easy pill form] and she's healthy and happy. Anyway, rant part..people are constantly telling me that I'm crazy for treating her because giving a cat a pill twice a day is OMFG WAY TOO MUCH WORK!! Keeping my cat happy, healthy, and ALIVE is too much work?!

You would not believe how many people tell me they'd rather put their cats to sleep than give them a pill even once a day. I understand that not everyone loves their animals as much as others do, but why even have the animal if you aren't willing to take good care of them? It'd be different if that animal were in pain or were suffering, but looking at my cat, you would not believe she were sick at all [or almost 16 years old]. I am not crazy, you just suck!

Why is it that nobody can understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?! I think I must speak my own very special language.

I understand. And yeah I agree that giving your cat 2 pills a day is NOT too much work. The only reason my parents have had to put down so many old cats with kidney failure is that they didn't have the money to correct it, and they hated to see the poor thing suffering.

Speaking of pills what the hell is the deal with those retarded boniva commercials??? "I have to set time I aside EVERY WEEK (ZLKGFOFKOFMG!!!!!!) to take a pill. Yeah, most people put time aside EVERY DAY (ZLKGJFHUIGFOFKOFMG!!!!!!) to take like 5 pills, wow, i just wasted an extra 3 seconds of my life (ZLKGJFHUIGFODHFJDHFDHFHEDKDHJFFKOFMG!!!!!!) Those things just piss me off!!!!!

I understand. And yeah I agree that giving your cat 2 pills a day is NOT too much work. The only reason my parents have had to put down so many old cats with kidney failure is that they didn't have the money to correct it, and they hated to see the poor thing suffering.

Those were supposed to be two separate rants

But hey, it's good that someone else agrees.

I feel bad posting in here without a rant, so...why wont anyone think of the albino squirrels?!

There's this one guy keep makes me very angry while his friends convince him to not messing up with me. He didn't do what his friends said so I just be VERY QUIET to him for like... it has been... a month now.

So today I'm following someone down a two-lane road on a Harley Davidson- and NOT only did he drive under the speed limit (which caused us to be the first two people to get a VERY LONG train at the crossing), while we were stopped he had a news radio station blaring.

I think HD should take the cycle back and give the guy a MOPED and a "Nice Try" button for his shirt.

Anymore it seems that there are just a few too many people on here that try too hard to be funny via being a smart ass. Sometimes I think a few uses just roam the threads waiting to be a jerk to somebody. I'm up for sarcasm and teasing too, but you don't have to be a dick about it. Half the time these people trying to be funny just come off rude by overly generalizing a user's post, and then making some smart ass comment about it that barely even applies. I'm not even speaking as a victim. I'm just getting annoyed with seeing it. I feel like these boards are a high school popularity contest or stand-up comedy attempt for some people. It just gets old.

^If I could think of something sarcastic yet hintingly jocular to say to that, I would, but I'm too tired and the only thing that comes to mind is "Don't be jealous of Wes" and that's like, the worst thing ever.

Also, I have to say I am cynically amused by all of the "parks with a history" in the games forum. Really... really? It's funny because the same general group always reads and responds to each others' park updates. That isn't all that bad really, but what puts the icing on the mediocre cake is when they make reference to their parks in other, completely unrelated, threads as if it's real, a common name, and everybody knows exactly what they are talking about.

Gives me a chuckles, for truth.