TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Why do there have to be strikes?

Strikes are awesome. Well, some strikes. It would be interesting to see how many strikes actually work.

Anyways...

I hate when hotels claim they have WiFi access...and they really don't. I don't know why but it really pissed me off that I packed up my laptop and couldn't use it.

I cant STAND my co-workers! It sucks when you have to see thier asses on a daily basis, but have to put up with their antics. Every conversation I have it seems like my side is never valid and they always put logic into almost everything that they talk about. The fact that they're all programmers dont make it any better. I definately feel like 'outside the box' which I can care less, cause they're all lame in my eyes. (excluding myself, of course )

I really hate MySpace. It simply serves little purpose. My friend often says its like "INVITING" stalkers...that way if someone does get stalked the stalker can go

"I didn't have to look far for info, sir. All I did was look at their Myspace. Everything was there, school, adress, schedule, and what they did every hour. So I dunno why I'm being charged with stalking, sir."

Officer: Not another Myspace suit...

The Danish summer this year is the worst ever. We had a short period of warm and dry weather in the beginning of June, but around the 20th it changed, and since then it has just rained, rained and rained + it's so freakin' cold. Here the temperatures have been below 20 degrees in the last 16 days..

We have had raining records and floods - well that's exciting, but the worst thing is the cold.. I HATE IT

UGH! I fractured my foot tonight! The doctor said I should be good in 3 to 4 weeks.... umm.. Looks at the calendar! Less than 3 weeks till the Midwest trip!

Ugh, I keep having a pain in my left leg for no reason. I seriously hope this doesn't affect my plans happening soon. I don't wanna rent a wheelchair just because my left leg keeps feeling pain.

What is it with these multiple accidents and burns happening with Easy Bake Ovens?!!!

I mean, these silly things (okay, not silly for some peeps)came out in the late 50s? Early 60s? And I don't remember hearing even a remote fraction of the reports of caught hands and fingers in the "over door", etc.etc.etc.

I DO realize this IS still a serious thing, when little kids are getting burned by that good old electric light bulb in there .... but HOW MANY NOW???

I bet some parents aren't actually READING who these things are best made for, age-wise? And then there are those that just give the kid the 'toy' and that's that. No involvement whatsoever. Except it 'FINALLY shuts the brat up about the thing' blah blah blah.

I feel bad for the company making the Easy Bake, considering the company HAS been successful with it for so long.

And angry at (probably) a few of these parents, taking a simple 'ouchy' and turning it into a million dollar + waste of tax payers' time and... yep$.

Just had my 2nd bad ebay experience and won’t be trusting it again.

4 weeks ago, I ordered a camera off of ebay which I never got, but on Sunday I ordered a pare of Oakley Gascan sunglasses. They arrived this morning, but they are obviously fake, which after paying $70, I am not happy with. This now means going through the whole painful poses to get a refund.

Not happy.

My job has sucked since we got a new boss. I work at a library, and we've had the same boss for 37 years. Now we have this lady who has no idea what she's doing, except she wastes all of our money and is completely ruining the place. Examples:

We got a new $8000 bookdrop. The one we had for years before this was perfectly fine, and it was DONATED. Suddenly we need to waste $8000 on one that has this huge overhang that'll slice your head open if you stand up and hit it with your head, and people have already banged their heads a few times. It's "spring loaded" so as more books go in, it lowers to make room, except it SUCKS so the springs don't go down, and books get stuck between the cart and the shute, so you can't pull the cart out unless you want to rip some stuff in half. "We can also bring the cart right inside to bring books in easier!" except they never measured, and the cart doesn't fit through the doors.

They hired these two dirtbaggy kids through "Cayuga Works" to work 25 hours a week, when everyone else works less than that. These kids are taking our jobs, doing them wrong by the way, and now our bitch of a boss can get things done without paying us, as those kids are paid through their program.

There are 3 others who are part of our bosses "gang". They think they can control everything, when really they're just making things worse. They'll weed out books, but not actually ones that need to go, but ones that based on their personal opinion we don't need to have, and they bring them out to the dumpster and just throw them away.

More money is also being wasted on ordering too many of the same book. Were a library, not a book store. Get 3 copies of a book, once they're out, the next people will need to wait. But no, we now own 51 copies of the new Harry Potter book, and in the 20's of many others, and they just sit on the shelves.

The place is getting rediculous, and many of us are probably going to be quitting soon, some people having worked there for many many years.

BLAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

-Nick