TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

So I got a shared picture on facebook of this missing girl that just got found. I click on the picture and it goes to the original posters page. All the comments are about thanking god. Giving all the credit to him. My problem with this is where is the thanking for the people who searched for her. For the cops to be away from their family to bring this missing girl to hers. I really wanted to post on the original one saying "yea you know cause god came to earth and helped. And god didn't lead them to her like a dowsing rod. If he helped them then why doesn't god find other missing kids are they not important enough for god. What if the guy that found her wasn't Christian or if he had no belief in anything. What then? You mean they did police work and found her gasp?! Humans did it."

On top of that I got a complicated situation where a girl stiffed me when I gave her 400 bucks to make something. I would have to fly there to get in her face.

I just typed what flowed out.

Okay a little background before I start my rant. I happen to be what some people might call a math nerd in that I'm the top of my advanced math class and captain of my school math team. I'm currently in 8th grade and in 9th grade I want to take a math class online as opposed to at school.

But the f**king bureaucracy of the of the school system says that everyone has to take six semesters of math, fine right. Well I know that if I start with Algebra 3-4 trig I'll be completely done with calculus after at most 3 semesters and most likely be done with differential equations and linear algebra by the end of my fifth semester. This isn't the real reason that I'm pissed off at the system but it's because they don't give a s**t what math you take in those six semesters. In other words I could work through every single college level math class available to me in five semesters and not a f**king thing to do in the last one while some dumba$$ could repeat pre-algebra over and over again and still meet the requirements, it's a goddamned f**king joke. In other words they don't see students as people but as data points that they have to get to meet certain criteria.

My new life outlook is that school should be seen as something of a prison sentence, except one that everyone serves and the only escapees tend to be of a certain demographic that is commonly associated with drugs, gang wars and real prison sentences later in life.

^ I feel empathy for you. But, at least your not in my Geometry class.

I'm in Geometry as a 10th Grader, and that kind of bugs me because all of the non-idiots that are my age are in Algebra 2. My teacher is extremely monotone, and just lectures us about working hard, and the material were supposed to learn. There's also this one kid (also a 10th grader) who is the most obnoxious person in the entire class. He has this smirk on his face everytime he walks into room, and he talks non-stop to everyone he sits next to. I also have the high honor of sitting next to him too. Worse is, we had Algebra 1 together, and he and a bunch of other kids teased me so bad, I had to transfer into another class with a really bad teacher when I had a really good teacher before. What really gets me is that once I said I didn't understand a concept, and the teacher lectures me about "prerogative." A couple days later, he's chatting it up with another student about pickles, and he even buys a jar form the student. I can't even get a decent grade in the class because I suck at Math tests, which in this class are 85% of the entire grade. But, i see a bunch of people who do nothing but talk getting B's and A's, and I just can't help but think to myself that I'm the only person who can't do any math right. Yep.

-P.S. Sorry if I made you feel bad, but I had to get this off my chest since we were on the subject. Does any of this make sense?

^ Oh, trust me if you were in my Geometry class you wouldn't be complaining. My teacher is what I would call, in the nicest way possible, a Nazi. If you so much as speak without being called on she will be on your case in under five seconds and have you spending a good portion of the next day serving detention. The only thing that makes it worse is that she treats us like we are a bunch of under motivated, idiot, kindergarteners who have to have their parents oversee everything they do. The two best example of this that I have on hand are that every night we have to have a parent sign our agenda and that she uses a card system to discipline use. I mean really we're in eight grade you'd think that we would have earned something more than just some cards.

Athiests. It's not that I have a problem with their beliefs, but it seems like they do with ours. You can believe whatever you want to believe, but you can't tell us Christians what we can and can't believe and that our beliefs are wrong and call us stupid and retarded for what we believe. The first amendment of the Constitution says FREEDOM OF RELIGION. If you have a problem with that, too bad, it's in the Constitution. You always tell us Christians that our beliefs offend you, but did you ever think that your beliefs offend us? No, I bet you didn't, because you're too busy telling us off for believing what we believe. I know not all Athiests are like that, and I'm not bashing Athiests in general. But an awful lot of them seem to do it. I know even some Athiests on this site like that, but I will not say names. I especially hate it when they go to youtube on watch Christian bands like Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, just to leave comments like "You stupid f***ing Christians you're wrong." In todays society, that's called trolling. It doesn't do anything good for you, it just makes you look like an @$$hole. Again, I'm not bashing Athiests in general. Just the ones that constantly tell us that what we believe is wrong.

I'm what you'd consider an 'atheist'. I'm not all for Christianity.. but that doesn't mean I shoot it down. My favorite band is a Christian band, and many of my top 15 or so are Christian as well. People on both ends like to flaunt their beliefs, I know a lot of Christians that can get obnoxious with it as well. But I think partially why atheists get criticized more is the fact that their 'religion' is bare and heartless on the surface. A person who can't believe in anything is generally viewed as more cynical and lower down. I think that BOTH sides ought to stop throwing around their beliefs, because they are THEIR beliefs. And just cause it says your supposed to preach the message in the bible doesn't mean I want to hear it!

^The media likes to portray just about everything negative in society. A church can hold a phenomenal fundraiser to a noble cause and get no attention. But when a priest scandal makes it into the news, I cry a little inside, because I know that a ton of people are going to associate Christians with them. And it's not just with religion. Whenever there is a roller coaster accident, news corps are always saying, "Is going to an amusement park worth the risk?" and I'm sure the Costa Concordia is going to keep people off of cruises. Many people, no matter their beliefs, like to base their decisions off of what they see on TV or the internet as opposed to actual human interaction. This alone is worthy of a rant.

As for expressing religion over the internet, I try not to do it at all and I still stand by how religion has no place on the web. Every time someone brings up a dramatic viewpoint on a deity (religious or atheist), an argument will always ensue in the same fashion: both parties bring up excellent points; when they run out of points, they pull points out of thin air; they then start insulting each other completely forgetting why they were arguing in the first place; then when the argument runs out of steam, they still hold the same beliefs they had when they started. Luckily, TPR seems to draw in a ton of tolerant people, which is why I'm fairly confident in adding to this conversation. While I agree with imawesome1124 that atheists should respect the choice that religious people take, religious folks should do the same for atheists. There are millions of ways to start a conversation on the internet, leave insulting religious flaunting out of it.

BTW, this rant is certainly not directed to anybody in particular (specifically on TPR), I just wanted to get that off my chest lol

This is more of a disappointment than a rant. My favorite photo editing website, Picnik, is closing in April so I decided to download Gimp. There are two problems: 1)It is ridiculously hard to use, and 2) picnik can do the same stuff if not more than Gimp. So all those cool effects I was able to do with picnik I can't do on Gimp. Now I'm upset.

I really dislike people who think any animated film is a "kiddy film" or every romantic-comedy/ romance-film is a "girl flick" and neither of which are true. It's the movie that speaks for itself and not the fact of the Genre.

As with every genre, There are great versions and TERRIBLE versions. Every genre; Action, Comedy, Romance, Musical, Superhero, Biopic, Etc.

I've been listening to my room mates for an hour talk sh*t behind my back, laughing at me, complaining about me, joking about me, and insulting me in every way possible. Part of me knows I shouldn't care considering how the opinions of self absorbed egotistic shallow jackasses aren't worth anything, but I still feel insulted. Ugh. Can't wait till I get out of here and get away from these a$$holes.