TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pets: Post a picture

Bear is a beautiful looking Siamese!

We have been looking online for another Siamese kitten to pair with my Snowshoe Siamese (Alexis) after we had to put down our beloved Tortie Point Siamese (Dakota) last year from cancer.

2012-04-17_15-32-37_881.jpg.1fcaf8cd583071a18799aaf4c2cf8433.jpg

This is Miss Alexis...spoiled in her own right.

Dakota_2010.jpg.21d41952125254639f53841780255b59.jpg

And this was our beloved Miss Dakota...RIP baby girl!

Bear is a beautiful looking Siamese!

We have been looking online for another Siamese kitten to pair with my Snowshoe Siamese (Alexis) after we had to put down our beloved Tortie Point Siamese (Dakota) last year from cancer.

Thanks...he's my handsome boy. Buster (tongue sticking out and watches TPR) is my silly boy.

Sorry to hear about your Dakota.

My ex and I had another Siamese just like Bear named Sam. He was diabetic and we kept him alive on insulin shots for 3 years before he got really sick with a tumor in his neck and we had to put him down.

I love my kitties to pieces.

I am amazed at how difficult it has been to find a Siamese kitten around here!

We have consulted with the local shelters, but they say that they seldom receive Siamese, which I can understand as it's a pretty popular cat species.

We even went through a Siamese rescue service and applied. And my God, it was like we were trying to adopt a child! I can understand why they want to ensure that the cats don't end up in another place where they could be neglected or abused, but it was almost like we were being treated like we abused our cat(s) because during our 45 minute phone interview, I mistakenly mentioned that I had their front claws taken out when they were both kittens so they wouldn't trash the furniture (they are both indoor cats). Ohhh boy was THAT a big no-no!

And when I mentioned feeding them Purina Cat Chow and Friskies wet canned food, I heard the woman gasp and then she said how we should be feeding her Blue Ribbon or some $60 bag of cat food.

Needless to say, we haven't received any E-mails of interest from this group and we haven't been real quick to respond to cats posted on their website. I think that they were taking their love of cats just a bit too extremely in my opinion.

I have had Siamese cats in my family all of my life and that's all we have ever fed them...and I really doubt the Friskies & Purina is what gave Dakota cancer!

My two rats, only had them about a month. Hard to take pictures of, they move fast. Skull is albino and therefore can't see very well so doesn't seem to want to come out of the cage; Bulk is the adventurous one of the pair, I'm his favourite climbing frame

20131229_225512.thumb.jpg.c1c51cf54a43c83943f5ca94967b1fe4.jpg

Skull

20131229_231857.thumb.jpg.3a9cd15025b306745a4ec66286ceef6f.jpg

Bulk

• 2 weeks later...

I got this in the mail, with my donation receipt from the BC SPCA.

So this is mainly for those of us in Canada with pets.

It would be nice that this could go international, but for now,

it looks like it's up here in the frigid north, lol.

IMG_4280.JPG.d219ee4bafa2cf864042506d1cb81d83.JPG

Nothing says that this can't happen in the US or anywhere else on earth. (o:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

On January 17th, we got a new addition to the family...

His name is Bacchus and he is a toy long coat Chihuahua. I can't believe what a good little boy he is...not even three weeks and we have him (almost) potty trained to go on the puppy pads/trays that we have for him. Being that we have two feet of snow on the ground outside it's a little premature to take a 2.84 lb puppy outside in the frigid cold to go pee and poop!

041.JPG.375571b51dfcbd02a1d2120cbdd6cc34.JPG

Meet Bacchus!

004.JPG.a86b0eadd4b2db8f6248a4a3949600ee.JPG

He is such a well behaved puppy. Of course, he likes to chew on everything, but has done a good job with listening when we tell him no.

025.JPG.09ef1c3d7a3583be9a5b5706b6560383.JPG

After a hard day of running, playing & generally being spoiled rotten, little Bacchus says 'Goodnight'.