TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Baker Leisure Group considers "Orlando Thrill Park"

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they won't abandon the entire idea completely. They will probably look for another location for this park in the central Florida area first. Maybe Kissimmee.

But here's a thought. What if they built near the new Legoland? While Legoland is aimed more for kids, the thrill park could give the more thrill seeking type something as well. What if they were to work out some combo deal with Legoland? The family could visit Legoland together during the day, and then in the evenings, the thrill seekers could visit the thrill park. Maybe if they offered some child care service as part of this deal, so the parents could just drop them off and enjoy the park, I think that might work.

That being said, I still stand by what I said in October.

...Vegas actually seems like the type of location they would thrive in.

But here's a thought. What if they built near the new Legoland?

Why would they choose Winter Haven when there are so many prime locations around Orlando for their next few proposals to be rejected with.

Edited by ernierocker

But here's a thought. What if they built near the new Legoland?

Why would they choose Winter Haven when there are so many prime locations around Orlando for their next few proposals to be rejected with.

Touchez!

^I agree.

Not that anybody knows with 100% certainty that this would've failed it it had opened, but most of us can concur that it had higher chances of failing than succeeding. If it did fail, who knows what would happen to the coasters that were left there? I guess left to sit there like Hard Rock Park's. Oh, well. Not loosing too much with this park anyway.

This comes as no suprise to me, but I still hate to hear about a big park like that was turned down because of 10 decibals of noise and some neighbors who like to complain. A NASCAR track was supposed to come to my home county back in Washington... but neighbors concerned about increased traffic and noise for a week shot it down.

I do agree that this is more like a 'Vegas-style' attraction, and I'm sure that more will come from this project.

• 4 months later...

This was posted on CFNews.com this morning. Still holding on by a thread. I hope they find a way to get this built but im not holding my breath.

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:00 AM

ORLANDO --

Monday the city council will once again take up the "Orlando Thrill Park" proposal.

The park, which is planned for Orlando's Tangelo Park area, was voted down by the council in April because that area off of International Drive is currently zoned for residential use only.

Earlier in October, the city reached a new zoning agreement that would allow the park in the Tangelo Park area.

The council is expected to pass that agreement during a first reading Monday. A second reading and public hearing is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 14.

^Interesting. I thought the project was all but dead. I was already going to be on a project day from work for IAAPA on the 14th so maybe I'll swing by the meeting if its in the morning.

I stumbled across this page on the city's website about the proposal (with findings from different studies along with the master plan): http://www.cityoforlando.net/planning/cityplanning/Orlandothrillpark.htm