TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

I'm not sure if Robb can help. For one, he doesn't own a truck...

Seriously, Robb helping out Kat is like thinking about working for Winn-Dixie or Publix. Do you want to work for a grocery store that is at the top of their game (Publix) or do you want to work with ghetto supermarket (Winn-Dixie)?

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this about the project: it probably had potential at some point during the beginning of it, but now all of that is clearly forgotten. I wanted to try and save a roller coaster as well, but after carefully assessing everything necessary to get the project going, I decided against it. I clearly did not have the money, resources, or time to take on a project like that. I saved myself all of the humiliation that Kat is currently facing. After reading more about this failed project, I am very glad I backed out of it when I did.

I will say this about the project: it probably had potential at some point during the beginning of it,

Nope, it never really did.

That would depend on what you mean by "potential." It did realize a rather high potential for hilarity.

With trees growing through the track, would Prince Desmond even still want to save it? hmmmmm Considering he is a man of great power and of his word, probably he would still want to try.

He was more serious about it than Kat and Harold were.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess I'm going to play captain obvious when I write that the fundraising site has not been updated in 31 days. Shock. I've also looked at court records for the area and not seen anything filed under the alleged owners last name or savetehbigdipper in the last several months. Maybe we will get lucky and a couple of college scholars will buy it.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I think it's hilarious that Kat called savethebigdipper.com a "scam" site:

We have been made aware that there is a scam website being operated by someone who for some reason has decided to take it upon himself to try to trash this campaign. Please be aware that SavetheBigDipper.com IS NOT associated with the official Save the Big Dipper project nor is it condoned nor supported by the owners of the Big Dipper. There is also a scam Facebook page. We currently do not have a presence on Facebook.

Again, SavetheBigDipper.com is not associated with this site.

Wow. If you haven't seen what pops up when you click on the "Donate" button, here it is:

PLEASE SEND CHECKS MADE OUT TO CASH TO ADDRESS

DESMOND JONES

73 MAIN ST UNIT 355

ABUJA NIGERIA 0391

ALSO PLEASE INCLUDE COLOR COPIES OF US DRIVERS LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, AND PASSPORT AS WELL AS BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION (WILL ONLY BE USED FOR TAX PURPOSES)

If anyone would even think about sending all that information to that address, there's something seriously wrong with their brain It's a joke, not a scam. Apparently, the real site is a scam!

Isn't her name Kat Jones? Is this Sara her mother? Can she not create her own account?

Not sure why I care other than I'm procrastinating about getting a few things done, but did a records check (for those who want to ask how, well, let's just say my job gives me access to many resources) Kat is really Sara, her middle name is Katherine, thus the "Sara Jones" on the paypal account is at least legit. /caring

She was probably hoping that Warren Buffet would give a Christmas donation large enough to save her attempt....

Well, she can always try Pepsi as Plan B and see how that works out.

By the way. She probably will be to busy to deal with this now that college is starting back up. She most likely needs to retake Calculus I. Although, if she passed with a C- and went to Calculus II, then it will only be worse for her.

Well, I guess I'm going to play captain obvious when I write that the fundraising site has not been updated in 31 days. Shock. I've also looked at court records for the area and not seen anything filed under the alleged owners last name or savetehbigdipper in the last several months. Maybe we will get lucky and a couple of college scholars will buy it.

I have been checking them too and found nothing as well. As you said, not surprising.

From Robb over at GLT

Re: Has Dipper been "saved"?

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:27 am

ffejie wrote:the original owner who purchased it at auction is the current owner of dipper

So then why did Sara "Kat" Jones take my money???? And what is she going to do with it?

I have a receipt from PayPal stating "Purpose: Donation to Save the Big Dipper." Am I ever going to get that back? And why do they still have their donations page open taking money? And why does it say on their website "After two weeks of negotiations, a sale was finalized on September 30, 2010 and Harold Garmonsway and Kat Jones were named the new owners of the coaster" if they don't actually own the ride???

At this point, Price Desmond is by far LESS of a scam than these two shady people are.

--Robb "A lot of people gave TPR crap for poking fun at Kat & Kiwi...but it looks like we were RIGHT!" Alvey

robbalvey

Beaver Land Mine Ride

Beaver Land Mine Ride

* E-mail robbalvey

Two thought have came to mind here on this lately.

1. I may donate two bucks to see if the actual counter increases from $384 to $386. I would not put it past her to have the actual amount she has gotten to be false. Maybe she has a little more than reporting.

2. I am starting to think that there may be a possibility that Kiwi is not a real person. His whole reason for existence in this project never made any sense at all. I am not a member over there. However, I would be curious if the site admin could actually track the that kiwi supposbly posts from. I would be curious to find out if it is a registered ISP in New Zealand. Anyone a member here and there willing to request that from the admins over there?

Two thought have came to mind here on this lately.

1. I may donate two bucks to see if the actual counter increases from $384 to $386. I would not put it past her to have the actual amount she has gotten to be false. Maybe she has a little more than reporting.

2. I am starting to think that there may be a possibility that Kiwi is not a real person. His whole reason for existence in this project never made any sense at all. I am not a member over there. However, I would be curious if the site admin could actually track the that kiwi supposbly posts from. I would be curious to find out if it is a registered ISP in New Zealand. Anyone a member here and there willing to request that from the admins over there?

It's likely that i can hunt around for his actual information if i really want to

Give it a couple days and then we'll see what i can find

As if it really matters, the domain of the .org website is registered in the U.S. under Sara's name. Harrold is indeed a real person. This boils down to two idiots who didn't know what they were doing and now find themselves in teh sh!t.

I left a comment on their site that's still awaiting moderation, yet, someone else's comment goes thru almost instantly, odd.

^ I know this is going into the conspiracy theory direction in which I try to avoid. For shits, chuckles and giggles I brought it up. Granted that Harold may be a real person, but I see no real proof that he even exists.

How do two idiots from across the globe meet-up is the more interesting story I am trying to find out. Especially for a pile of wood that is rooting away.

I am just curious on a few things here. Not that it will ever really matter in my life, just curiosity.