TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ That's a good point. I just think it's going to be really hard to put one in with the way the park is currently constructed.

I agree with you. Plus HW offers a lot to those who cannot navigate the park on foot. Like SDC, I saw golf carts for rent (unless that changed/perhaps was a special event).

Put in a few flats or a new roller coaster and be prepared for the onslaught of visitors

Surprised Holiday World hasn't built a Hotel yet.

^Santa's Lodge sort of acts as Holiday World's hotel. I personally couldn't picture Holiday World building a full scale hotel/resort. Everything around the town of Santa Claus is so quaint and charming that a big hotel would kind of look out of place.

A chair lift is much easier at navigating terrain than most other types of transportation systems. That's why they are used at ski resorts, which the whole purpose of is to navigate huge changes in elevation.

Wow that's right. I never really thought about that. I guess all they need to do is set up the poles every 50 feet or so and that's it. That's easy.

Can we request Paula as our housekeeper for the next TPR trip through there?

As for transportation in the park, I'm all for chairlifts. They could have 8 themed as reindeer, and one themed as a sleigh. Or even better, 8 themed as skeleton reindeer, and one as Jack the Pumpkin Kings sleigh!

Christmas is the smallest area ride-wise, which is strange since it is the holiday that started it all. That is why it is strange the entire area is kiddie rides. I mean, they're needed, but there should be some other family rides in the area as well. I just find it weird most of the other holiday areas have room to expand, but Christmas is completely surrounded.

The way I view the Christmas area is, the park started as a Christmas park that was geared toward Children, so keeping the Christmas area a Children's area keeps with Nostalgia and represents the Parks roots. I'm fine with the more thrilling rides being in the other themed areas. I personally want the first steel Coaster to be part of the 4th of July section.

*Edit: After posting I remembered Firecracker (HW former family steel Coaster) was in the 4th of July section, so I guess I should say HW first thrilling Steel Coaster. Also while on the subject, what now occupies Firecrackers former location?

Edited by Vonni

Has anyone here stayed at Santa's Lodge? I've always been curious about it. I've only stayed at the Best Western in Evansville when I have visited.

I stayed there last june when I went for holliwood nights and it was ok nothing to get that excited about. Can't beat it as far as location to holidayworld is concerned and the Christmas decorations in the lodge were neat. Going to be staying there for holliwood nights again this year.

*Edit: After posting I remembered Firecracker (HW former family steel Coaster) was in the 4th of July section, so I guess I should say HW first thrilling Steel Coaster. Also while on the subject, what now occupies Firecrackers former location?

Holidog Funtown. I believe it was removed in 1998. I actually somewhat remember playing in Holidog Funtown during its opening season.

^ I couldn't remember what year Holidog Funtown opened. I'm sure if I went through the family photos, I'd probably been able to find out. I just remember being excited about having something else to do at HW besides ride the Christmas rides and the few kiddie rides in the 4th of July section. Was Firecracker ever sold?