TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

And Holiday World is always up for that task. No trims on Voyage Imagine how it would run at another park?

I'll give that to HW. They paid for the ride and aren't afraid of the re-tracking it might require to keep it running at full speed. With that said, I do think that the re-tracking needs of The Voyage become to much for them to handle/afford, especially with two other woodies that need attention in the park. IMO, I think that they should purchase RMC topper track for the problem areas of the ride (mainly the turn-around and couple of spots after the break-run). Then they can focus on the rest of the ride and hopefully keep it running in top form.

I kinda think they can afford re-tracking it for quite a while, considering they have the two longest water coasters in the world, a new pirate ship, an Intamin Shoot the Chutes and many other things in their parks. Buying some new lumber to lay down on tracks probably isn't too big of a problem for them, but that's just my observation.

I kinda think they can afford re-tracking it for quite a while, considering they have the two longest water coasters in the world, a new pirate ship, an Intamin Shoot the Chutes and many other things in their parks. Buying some new lumber to lay down on tracks probably isn't too big of a problem for them, but that's just my observation.

When you're talking about replacing that much feet of track and consider how much wood is actually used to replace that track, it can get a little on the pricey side. If it were cheap to replace the wood, nobody would be talking about how rough the Voyage can be. There is a reason why Six Flags is converting all these woodies with the RMC I-Box. Wooden Coasters (especially CCI's/ TGG's) are expensive to maintain and SF will probably end up making their money back in 10-20 years on these conversions.

What I think is interesting is that the cabanas they added between Kima Bay and Mammoth this year blocks off the huge section of woods between the Voyage and the Mammoth. With water park expansion pushed to the other side of the Voyage, I am wondering if that area is being saved just because trees are great and all, or if they are planning on saving it for an awesome coaster. Driving on the Snowy White Gravel between the Mammoth and the Voyage, you can really get a look at how crazy that topography looks. Either way, with Holiday World, they take their time to get things right.

I would be quite surprised if hw doesn't already have a good juicy woodsy spot picked out for future expansion and knowing hw, I am sure it will be awesome.
^ Juicy?!

He's leaving us hints as to the location of the next coaster.

Juicy= juice

What liquids are better than juice?: soda

Where do you get soda?: soda machines

Woodsy= Woods

Soda machines + Woods= The new coaster will be located near a hidden soda machine located in the woods

I would be quite surprised if hw doesn't already have a good juicy woodsy spot picked out for future expansion and knowing hw, I am sure it will be awesome.
^ Juicy?!

Juicy= juice

Woodsy= Woods

Soda machines + Woods= The new coaster will be located near a hidden soda machine located in the woods

Paula has used food puns before, so this must be correct! For the Mammoth it was something like "Do you know where I can find a good stake around here." I think that juice actually hints at goose, which hints at a turkey themed S&S free fly concept.

Guy "If you don't, we'll come anyway. Cause you're close. And, a fun park to visit. And we like you. But we'll come angry! And... ...then be... ...swept away by your charm, free sunscreen, AND free pop But we'll leave! And we'll... ...probably be pretty darn satisfied with our day. But not as satisfied as we would have been with a MAC launched coaster along that back side of the hill! Yeah! Yeah! So take that Holiday World! If that's who you really are?!" Koepp

FTFY

First time I went there, I thought it was like all other parks where I needed more money to get pop/soda. I couldn't believe all the free drink stations... that was awesome and hope it will be that way the next time I visit!

^ Juicy?!

Juicy= juice

Woodsy= Woods

Paula has used food puns before, so this must be correct! For the Mammoth it was something like "Do you know where I can find a good stake around here." I think that juice actually hints at goose, which hints at a turkey themed S&S free fly concept.

Make the turkeys breathe fire and we're getting somewhere.

I think I looked a little too far into the "juicy and woodsy" comment.

It turns out the new attraction for 2015 will be a dark ride called "Happy the Elf's Juice Factory of Death". The ride vehicles will float in a river of grape juice, with cups provided to the guests so they can dip them into the juice and get a free drink. At first the riders will float past cheerful elves working their daily jobs, but suddenly the elves will turn out to be sinister, evil creatures. Riders will narrowly avoid saws dangling from the ceilings, bursts of flames, and streams of the elve's acid urine.