TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Did anyone else hear the part about how they are really going to focus on themeing this ride?The station and keyhole look really cool!

I honestly can't wait to ride. Unlike a lot of people,

I really liked GateKeeper and can't wait to ride Thunderbird: which looks 10000000000000x better.

Paula, I can't believe you were able to keep this secret for SO long.

I`m not a fan of illusions. If the Immelmann and the loop will be THAT high, but the maximum speed is about 60 mph...than this will NOT be forceful !

But still I think it will be a great addition

It all depends on radius.

I`m not a fan of illusions. If the Immelmann and the loop will be THAT high, but the maximum speed is about 60 mph...than this will NOT be forceful !

Oh, right cause you went to the future and rode it already? People on here complaining have a lot of nerve.

Can everyone quit bitching already? This ride looks fantastic.

Oh, right cause you went to the future and rode it already? People on here complaining have a lot of nerve.

It's called a difference in opinion. The ride looks great to me, some disagree, and that's fine.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

A coaster that is not super aggressive (they have 3 already) is JUST what Holiday World needed and this will fit the bill perfectly. I've never been this excited about a B&M

Note to big parks: see how the ride goes by trees and around another coaster? A design with a soul.

It all depends on radius.

This thing is spread out

Thank you. I cannot agree more. This actually exceeded my expectations by a long shot.

People can say what they want but this is truly a beautiful addition. My favorite part has to be the barn theming. Everything looks perfect. Thanks to Paula and the rest of the HW crew for making this announcement very special.

I am 100% impressed with Thunderbird. Everything about it screams Holiday World, even though it's packed full of "firsts" for the park. It will certainly make me plan a trip to the park next year. I love B&M's wing coaster model, and I can only imagine how great one will be launched.

Edited by coasterdude5

Definitely returning to HW soon! Awesome addition, and I like the fact the launch is not a ridiculous speed, as it will be a good family thrill ride.

Yep ! This will be a very good contrast to the quite "aggressive" voyage. They had family-friendlyness is mind which makes absolute sense !

Perfect fit for HW. Excellent choice of ride to break into the high thrill market while still maintaining broad appeal.

I'm excited that I will actually get to visit HW next year and ride this thing in it's opening season. So many years I've been watching rides half-way across the country be built from this site, know it would be years until I had the chance to get there and the ride would be old and overshadowed by then. Now I get to experience it myself.

Like I said in the chat, it's a clear successor to Wild Eagle, which has been a knockout ride for DW. This will definitely put HW on the map. They were already there for enthusiasts, but now the GP will really flock in.

If I had one thing to nit-pick, it would be the inconsistency with the theme. This ride has been hyped as part of the Thanksgiving section, but it's actually named after a mythical bird, and the station and area is themed after a turn of the century farm? I mean, it looks great, but I'm not sure they understand what "theming" means. If they had named it "Barnstormer" or something of the like, it would have been perfect in that regard, but I digress, it really doesn't matter too much here.

Well I was wrong. I was thinking it wouldn't be a B&M or a wing rider...but I was wrong. But that's okay. The coaster looks awesome and I'm excited! A launched B&M...It's wonderful! I guess it's safe to say we know what Kings Dominion will be getting in 2016...But will be longer, bigger and probably faster. Thank you Holiday World for starting the new revolution of B&M coasters. I will be there next year!