TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

now this... is the way wingriders were supposed to be!

and it turned out to be the orange track

what is that blue track for?????

maybe leviathan 2.0 at carowinds?

but that is for an inverted coaster

unless carowinds is getting a giga invert or flyer with inversions, I don't think its for carowinds

I know I know "but Adam it's the first of it's kind how can you NOT be impressed?" comments are coming, but I am sorry I'm not overly impressed like I thought I'd be. I think a problem was they WAY overhyped this ride. I am in NO way saying this will be a bad ride, but there are so many better ways to spend $22 million or even less than a launched wing coaster IMO. A multi looping mack, a state of the art RMC.

For those saying this has never been done before, I say you're putting a decent launch on a ride the coaster community labels as boring, forceless etc (wing rider). I hope it's very fun and a good ride as I will never FULLY judge a ride until riding it, but I still think Wild Eagle and Gatekeeper look better comparing animations.

Not shure about this being forceful. Acceleration is not impressive, maximum speed also.

Wonderful promotion, wonderful park....and this will be very good. But kind of tame I guess. Also I´m not shure if this is better than "Flug der Dämonen" layoutwise.

I was hoping for something more thrilling...but still...it will be a VERY nice addition to Holiday World

Edited by GeorgeT

Judging by the 2015 Carowinds attraction blueprints, its nothing like Leviathan.

I may have to drive 7 hours to Holiday World to ride this though, looks awesome.

Unless carowinds ride is a 300 foot invert, then i doubt they're getting the teal track.

Judging by the 2015 Carowinds attraction blueprints, its nothing like Leviathan.

I may have to drive 7 hours to Holiday World to ride this though, looks awesome.

I think it looks a lot like leviathan

have you seen the no limits representation someone did of the ride, it looks so much like it, and it was copied from the blueprints

I know I know "but Adam it's the first of it's kind how can you NOT be impressed?" comments are coming, but I am sorry I'm not overly impressed like I thought I'd be. I think a problem was they WAY overhyped this ride. I am in NO way saying this will be a bad ride, but there are so many better ways to spend $22 million or even less than a launched wing coaster IMO. A multi looping mack, a state of the art RMC.

For those saying this has never been done before, I say you're putting a decent launch on a ride the coaster community labels as boring, forceless etc (wing rider). I hope it's very fun and a good ride as I will never FULLY judge a ride until riding it, but I still think Wild Eagle and Gatekeeper look better comparing animations.

Exactly - this looks like the best wingrider out there IMHO - but it was pretty hyped. Overhyped? Maybe, but that's a testament to both our high expectations of HW and the great PR skills of Raven Maven and her folks.

I was absolutely hoping for something... I don't know. A B&M, even a launched, unique, great looking B&M just wasn't it. Though again, this does look really great.

Roller coaster existential crisis?

Not shure about this being forceful. Acceleration is not impressive, maximum speed also.

This is exactly what I was getting at earlier. A lunch will not magically change the way they do things, it will only eliminate the lift.

My bad...the teal is mostly likely for Carowinds correct? If that is the case, maybe something over seas?

I think it looks a lot like leviathan

have you seen the no limits representation someone did of the ride, it looks so much like it, and it was copied from the blueprints

Yeah. But it's a better version of what Leviathan could of been.

I`m not a fan of illusions. If the Immelmann and the loop will be THAT high, but the maximum speed is about 60 mph...than this will NOT be forceful !

But still I think it will be a great addition

Oh besides : I love the color scheme

Edited by GeorgeT

Wow I am really glad that holiday world is getting good these days, and not just having wooden coasters! I remember on discovery isle rct2 I seen the creator making an launched b&m flyer, and a person wished it, and here it came! I also think that grNd Texas could get something like this!