TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Would you look at that... TPR argued and joked about it happening in a few hours... And then they ACTUALLY put it together in a few hours!

This is historical (pun intended)

Nice. Should be finished in a couple hours.

Boom!

via All-American Thrills FB

11107365_581141281988783_4167803562275635839_n.jpg?oh=dc5d158aa59b3930a065278a791744c8&oe=55E3FE33

Oh my god I'm dying over here. They actually built it in a few hours.

Holy sh*t!! That's hilarious.

And it looks no bigger than a fair model. Just bulkier track to pretend like its permanent!

Im sorry but this is a stupid addition for a park that could use love elsewhere.

The park needed flats (they can call it whatever, it's a flat), and got it with this attraction. They definitely have filled out the emptiness that was left from the removal of nearly all the War On Lines rides. The Adventure Alley rides, Zumanjaro, SORA and this are solid additions that definitely rounded out the park's offerings, with HITP and Namtab being icing on the cake.

New shows and a dark ride would really make GAdv a very complete park, although I'm REALLY itching for 2016 to be a coaster year. I am still very sour they essentially swapped Chiller, GASM and RT for a wild mouse, Ring of Fire and a decade old hand-me-down standup (B&M's worst variety of coasters) over the course of 8 years.

I know it's been said but i made the awful mistake of trying to stop by today for a couple hours. EL toro had one train and a full queue plus, bizarro was broke down, and nitro had a full queue.

I ended up taking a bunch of time parking, getting in the park then walking around just to leave. At least the ring of fire was put up quickly i saw about a half loop when i walked past. Will have to try on an upcoming weekend.

And it looks no bigger than a fair model. Just bulkier track to pretend like its permanent!

Im sorry but this is a stupid addition for a park that could use love elsewhere.

It's almost laughable that Gradv got this as addition with an announcement and everything, nothing but a flat ride

In all seriousness I agree. It's going to look nice, brighten up a very dark area at night and help create a fun atmosphere. I might take it for a spin if I catch it with a short line. I like the addition but it doesn't make any of this any less funny.

Surprised everyone is so shocked it went up so fast. We all knew that would be the case, its not like its a giant woodie or anything.

Also, keep in mind they still have to build the "station" and ramps/steps around the ride, probably lay some concrete to complete the queue (though I'm sure they are using as much of RT queue as possible to save $) and hopefully they'll put down a little bit of landscaping around the ride.

Not to mention putting the rest of the train on, testing the ride, lighting package, etc etc.

I might take it for a spin if I catch it with a short line.

I'll definitely try it. The last time I rode an old school ring of fire was in the 80s in Wildwood and I barely remember that. Not to mention this is right next to my favorite coaster on the planet.

^^

From what I can tell online everyone is saying the park is dead today. I know I'm an hour away but its barely rained here today, probably would have been one of those perfect overcast days to go up and marathon everything all day.

^^

From what I can tell online everyone is saying the park is dead today. I know I'm an hour away but its barely rained here today, probably would have been one of those perfect overcast days to go up and marathon everything all day.

I'm kicking myself for not going today, maybe Thursday or Friday

^^

I'm kicking myself for not going today, maybe Thursday or Friday

Yeah I'm itching so bad after this winter, really wish I would have taken a day off this week.

I know I may catch some heat for this statement but I hate it lol. It just reminds me too much of a cheap carnival ride. I can't believe they removed Rolling Thunder for this garbage and Zumanjaro's queue. There was no way they could get away with making it shorter?

I understand the dislike of the ride, but I lie more on the side of its a decent choice for an inexpensive addition with a fairly wide audience. Think about it: some of us on this site are saying we'd give it a spin (myself included at SFA), and it will appeal to children, teens, parents, maybe even a few grandparents. It also fills in the rare spot of inverting flat ride for SFA, a second one for Gadv (Twister's days are likely numbered), and so on. Not a bad move, from SF's perspective.

As for replacing Rolling Thunder, while I see the idea, I disagree. Six Flags doesn't need an excuse to remove Rolling Thunder. It was in poor condition and was likely very expensive to maintain, took up a massive chunk of valuable land, and had decreasing ridership. Zumanjaro's queue took up a pice of its footprint (which is a far superior ride than RT, even with its crap capacity), and there is more room for expansion by El Toro's lift, behind the twister section. In a way, is this really a bad replacement for Rolling Thunder?