TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

That would suck if true, because going through the zero-G roll, backwards, with the lapbar is one of my favorite elements ever!

agreed it would suck - I'll worry about it later when I hear facts. Although it would be a new credit then.

Did anyone notice that part of the Zero G roll is still in tact, they just took off part of it. If you look close, the took off the part going into it, until you're upside down. It's kind of hard to explain, but look closely at the pictures.

~Mike

How do you people know for sure what is going on? It is almost like some of these ideas came out the hind quarters of some of you. Do any of you know really what is going on? Do you work at the park? Are you part of the crew working on the track? Ok then how about this... They are taking out that piece of track to install an ice cream truck to turn this into "a cool refreshing ride." How is that for random?

Guess what right? Why its being removed?

If it's being removed, why it's being removed,etc etc. Some people just like to throw out random terms and use that to prove their point.

Saying "They're removing that part because it caused the most stress on the shoulder restraints and the johnson rod" doesn't prove anything. Nor are any of these reasons probably the real reason IF the inversions are getting removed.

That so reminds be of that bowling for people roller coaster tycoon video on youtube. Maintenance bypass, clear, Whoowho.

Now if only they add a side walk under that other section, hmm.

As for what going on? I don’t have the work orders so who knows, and the dippin dots guy has been hush hush so it must be good.

I would say odds are that ride has been having a lot more issues then people have been guessing. Then again it could be for the retrofit for the new spinning mouse cars?

Cheers!

Overlord, YoshiFan and I are 100% sure. This isn't shenanigans (althoguh i wish it was). It will definately be an airtime hill.

-Dainan "No more , But there will be "Rafferty

Just because you are 100% sure doesn't mean you are 100% correct. Or even 10% for that matter.

For years most of the world was 100% sure it was flat.

^Paul, I think they are suggesting that the zero-g roll/inline twist will be replaced by a small airtime hill. That's well after the launch, so certainly it would be well below 70 mph.

I still want to know why some people are so certain that's what's happening here. Steel coasters get retracked, too.

^Paul, I think they are suggesting that the zero-g roll/inline twist will be replaced by an small airtime hill. That's well after the launch, so certainly it would be well below 70 mph.

Yeah, I understand what they're suggesting.

It goes through those zero G rolls at a very high speed. Regarldess if you're talking about going forwards, or after the backwards launch.

You can't just switch out those zero-g rolls with an airtime hill like it's RCT or something. And considering how much space they have to deal with I'd suspect whatever size hill would fit would be pretty painful.

I would not want to go backwards over a small hill at that speed.

Anyone who calls that a "zero-g" roll has never been on the coaster

Potato, potato. It looks like a zero-g, so for the purpose of the argument we can call it a zero-g.

Shall we call it the twisty do-hickey?

Who know's what they're doing, but my money is on a simple retracking, or temporary removal while they do other work.

If that element was going to be replaced with a hill it would require reworking of all the supports, and completely re-doing the hill. Sounds kind of costly to me.

If the elemement was a problem wouldn't they just go the cheaper route and replace it with straight track? Adding an airtime hill seems kind of excesive.

If that element was going to be replaced with a hill it would require reworking of all the supports, and completely re-doing the hill. Sounds kind of costly to me.

DING DING DING!

We have a winner! I'm in 100% agreement with you Paul. Until all the supports start coming out, I don't see this as being a major modification of the ride.

It would be nice if they could rework the launchers so that the two trains could be launched simultaneously without knocking out power in central New Jersey.