TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

^^Please, like the ride will actually ever be opened! Another 3 years they'll probably remove the whole thing and throw in one of them spinning family coasters.

Exactly what I think, but everybody calls be looney.

• 1 month later...

That's hardly even a hump. For some reason, I imagined it going down a bit, then coming up, like a typical bunny hop. That is basically straight track, although you will still definitely get some air-time on it.

I'm sure there were good reasons for making this modification though, they wouldn't just to it to be jerks.

You guys aren't looking closely enough. It's not a linear path of track...it has a bit of a sidewinding kick to it --- where the track banks rapidly to the left then immediately to the right before climbing the 200-foot tower. Go back and look at the images again...closely.

I wouldn't say rapidly... that's a VERY drawn out transition. With the lack of banking, and the drawn out hill shaping/banking transitions, I don't think it'll be that great, and I'm about as sure as I can be without having ridden that it won't be anywhere close to as exciting as the rolls that were there previously. They were absolutely amazing IMO, especially with lapbars as opposed to OTSRs.

You guys aren't looking closely enough. It's not a linear path of track...it has a bit of a sidewinding kick to it --- where the track banks rapidly to the left then immediately to the right before climbing the 200-foot tower. Go back and look at the images again...closely.

It looks like it has a zig-zag in one picture, but I don't see it in the rest of them. If it's there, it must be very gradual.

To me, it just looks like an incline with a leveling-out at the end that may produce a bit of airtime...

The banking to left looked a bit strange in those pictures, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I would imagine they would like to see how the hill works on one coaster before they update the other side.

As for there being any headbanging...I would bet there's not going to be much. First of all, the transition is very drawn out, as DCS said. Also, I believe the ride has lab bars. Poltergeist (which has the same lap bars) has some of the fastest transitions I've ever experienced on a coaster, but there is no pain at all!

Hey everyone I was there yesterday and I have top say with the transitions the train looks really smooth going through them. I sadly have to say no airtime may be induced but who knows. If you can...go to Gadv Source and look for Mysterio's Video of the day...I was the one in the DC sweatshirt.

/Cr98\

You know what,.......to be honest..............WTF IS THAT!

I mean for real, what are they trying to pull, the zero-g roll was way better. who cares if it valleys! Deja Vu dealt with it!

You know what,.......to be honest..............WTF IS THAT!

I mean for real, what are they trying to pull, the zero-g roll was way better. who cares if it valleys! Deja Vu dealt with it!

Deja Vu doesnt valley with people stuck upside down, with a lap-bar only for 40+ minutes...