TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Hey has anyone considered that this might end up being a launched coaster? Becasue knowing kings dominions past, they have really liked their launched coasters. They have Volcano, Flight of Fear, Italian Job, and they had Hypersonic. Plus the cable lift and hydraulic launch tracks look the same, so there is a possibility of it being a launched giga! Just a suggestion i was thinking about.
If you look at the photos of the lift, you will notice there is no space for the copper alloy fins, which means this could not be a launched coaster.

~Matthew

I must be a tad out-of-the-loop, because I just looked at those pics on page 58, and there is no way I could have read through all of those other pages. So anyways, it's exciting to think that another Giga is being built, and it's making me a tad anxious thinking that we haven't heard about anything possibly getting built at CP. Either way, a Giga would be a nice fit for KD

This is my first post here at TPR. I, believe-it-or-not, read EVERY page of this thread (took me a VERY long time) and I am extremely exited about the news. I live less than an hour away from KD and can't wait to see what they come up with. I don't know if I will be able to get over there this year (have Busch passes this year) but if I do, I will take pictures and tell you'll what I see.

The Swiftman

Hey has anyone considered that this might end up being a launched coaster? Becasue knowing kings dominions past, they have really liked their launched coasters. They have Volcano, Flight of Fear, Italian Job, and they had Hypersonic. Plus the cable lift and hydraulic launch tracks look the same, so there is a possibility of it being a launched giga! Just a suggestion i was thinking about.
If you look at the photos of the lift, you will notice there is no space for the copper alloy fins, which means this could not be a launched coaster.

~Matthew

I see your point, but who said it is not LSM?

Why is everyone saying it's going to be launched? Didn't we say a few pages ago that it will use a cable lift hill? There weren't any slots for brake fins on the lift pieces. The double spine track is probably going to be used at a high stress area such as the bottom of the drops.

^ No, less than 3 pages back the person that made the post says that he was just seeing if a coaster could fit into that space.

hey guys, i'm the one who made the "recreation" of the KD giga in No Limits.

My primary goal was to see if a Giga would actually fit in the space provided. it does. i looked at google earth images of the area and made sure i had the scale and shape correct and then i basically just plopped....

^^Although somebody mentioned going to the Hanover County courthouse and snagging a picture of the layout. The No Limits design was based on that picture. Take that for what it's worth. I won't believe anything until an official announcement.