TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Did anyone see that rumor a couple weeks ago about the name of RMC Hurler being "Rotten Apple"? I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately so apologies if that was discussed.

I'm personally not a fan of that one but I guess that might fit the pattern.

I first came across the name Rotten Apple a few weeks ago.

If that ends up being the name, my gut reaction is... "Could be worse..."

Did anyone see that rumor a couple weeks ago about the name of RMC Hurler being "Rotten Apple"? I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately so apologies if that was discussed.

I'm personally not a fan of that one but I guess that might fit the pattern.

I think "RO⊥TEN Apple" fits the pattern best, especially with the background image in the most recent teaser. It's definitely a bit awkward, especially with the Bad Apple just down the way, but I care less about the theming/paint job and more about the ride quality.

Also, yes, KD, I do see a pattern.

First teaser: announcement date

Teasers 2-4: "BE⊥TER than" teasers. Comparisons between Old/New Hurler.

Teasers 5-8: Name allusions. The only real argument against the "RO⊥TEN Apple" name would be that teasers 5 and 6 seem to refer to a monster rather than fruit, although they could be referring to ride intensity.

Teaser 9: GIVE ⊥HEM WHAT ⊥HEY WANT. 816.

Also, a park employee in Candy Apple Grove gave me a USB stick with a

during my visit on Saturday, which I uploaded to YouTube. Please let me know if you can make sense of it.

Teasers 5-8: Name allusions. The only real argument against the "RO⊥TEN Apple" name would be that teasers 5 and 6 seem to refer to a monster rather than fruit, although they could be referring to ride intensity.

I think those clues could also be referring to some type of storm, particularly a nautical storm.

I for one don'⊥ give a shi⊥ abou⊥ ⊥hese ⊥easers since we already know i⊥'s RMC Hurler. I can'⊥ be ⊥he only one, can I?

PS: Regarding that picture it looks great, please, please, please have a barrel rolling first drop.

Edited by coasterbill

I was not impressed with Storm Chasers barrel roll drop

Seriously? I thought it was absolutely insane. On a larger RMC like Mean Streak I'd prefer a super-steep, insane drop with sustained ejector airtime but on these smaller ones I think it's a really clever way to make the first drop completely awesome.

To each his own I guess...

I for one don'⊥ give a shi⊥ abou⊥ ⊥hese ⊥easers since we already know i⊥'s RMC Hurler. I can'⊥ be ⊥he only one, can I?

I think it's fun to play along with the park's teaser campaigns. I think this is way better than Knot's which has only posted one 5 second clip as their whole teaser campaign.

PS: Regarding that picture it looks great, please, please, please have a barrel rolling first drop.

I really hope it's not one. Medusa Steel might have been my favorite RMC if it wasn't for the first drop, which is the only 'mehh' part of that whole ride, to me. Storm Chaser's drop also underwhelmed me the same way. They look cool, but they're pretty forceless in reality, especially in the front. Straight, simple, super steep drops are far superior.

I'm sure some will disagree though

I'm mostly amused by the fact that they decided to go with "The Matrix but red" for a teaser campaign in 2017.

Count me in the group of folks who want a straight down drop. Ive not ridden Storm Chaser or Medusa but I am hoping for a wonky turnaround to a pop that leads straight down. I'm sure whichever it turns out to be its gonna be awesome.

Count me in the group of folks who want a straight down drop. Ive not ridden Storm Chaser or Medusa but I am hoping for a wonky turnaround to a pop that leads straight down. I'm sure whichever it turns out to be its gonna be awesome.

Yeah, I think I'm just hoping for the greatest volume of that amazing RMC AIRTIME™

Their inversions are great, but airtime is where they really excel.

I really hope it's not one. Medusa Steel might have been my favorite RMC if it wasn't for the first drop, which is the only 'mehh' part of that whole ride, to me. Storm Chaser's drop also underwhelmed me the same way. They look cool, but they're pretty forceless in reality, especially in the front. Straight, simple, super steep drops are far superior.

Ah, so this is why enthusiasts like to talk sh*t on the barrel roll drops? Figures. I couldn't care less if these drops are forceless, the drop on Storm Chaser is different and a ton of fun. And every RMC is so packed with better airtime that it doesn't really matter that the first drop is forceless and doesn't have airtime.

The pics look great! Thanks for posting, I'm excited to see the layout of this one. Hopefully I'll make it out to VA in the next few years to ride this and I-305.

Edited by jonskinny12

Yeah, I think I'm just hoping for the greatest volume of that amazing RMC AIRTIME™

Their inversions are great, but airtime is where they really excel.

I'm all about them going for tons of air. From the looks of it, after the drop and initial turn, we are going to get three ejector airtime hills. And that is just the run back towards Grizzly. There is probably room for at least 3 more ejector hills later on in the course. El Toro only has 3 super stand out ejector hills and it's an amazing ride. If RMC Hurler has 5-6, I'll be in heaven. Between this and i305 I'll just go back and forth until my shoulders and thighs are bruised.

Why so bi⊥Ter? Seems like an awfully pe⊥Ty complaint about some teasers on twi⊥Ter are wri⊥Ten.

Glad to see someone spo⊥Ted some new construction. Do we know if the park will be doing an announcement in-park? If so, is anyone a⊥Tending?

I'm glad that KD is getting the airtime machine it needed. They now have a very well rounded lineup.

I completely agree. I was very impressed with my visit last weekend, and the park has a really solid and well-rounded ride lineup. RMC Hurler is just icing on the cake.

Something tells me they are announcing more than just RMC Hurler though, considering it's their "biggest announcement in history." August 16th really cannot come soon enough!

Ah, so this is why enthusiasts like to talk sh*t on the barrel roll drops? Figures. I couldn't care less if these drops are forceless, the drop on Storm Chaser is different and a ton of fun. And every RMC is so packed with better airtime that it doesn't really matter that the first drop is forceless and doesn't have airtime.

The pics look great! Thanks for posting, I'm excited to see the layout of this one. Hopefully I'll make it out to VA in the next few years to ride this and I-305.

I totally agree inversions do not have to be forceful at all. I LOVE the first inversion on Hydra - very slow and on forceful but still fun.

Something tells me they are announcing more than just RMC Hurler though, considering it's their "biggest announcement in history." August 16th really cannot come soon enough!

I really think people put way too much stock into completely arbitrary terms. I highly doubt this will be a "bigger announcement" than Intimidator 305 in the eyes of anyone on this forum but it doesn't have to be for them to claim that. Maybe this comes with some general upgrades (a new parking gate seems likely since the chain seems to be in the process of renovating those) but I don't think the phrase "biggest announcement in history." is something people should get hung up on since it can mean whatever they want it to mean.