TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

So what is (if any) the early entry for this park (for a regular daily admission ticket guest)? What about gate drops?

International Street opens at 10:00 AM so you can ride Dominator, Berserker, and the Eiffel Tower if you wish before the rest of the park opens at 10:30. Season passholders get the opportunity to ride Volcano and one other ride (it's a daily rotation) beginning at 10:00 through the early-entry rope on the Dominator walkway.

Fury (and Thunderbird) is proof that B&M can make intense coasters

I wouldn't consider either of these intense at all. In fact, I believe I'd consider Kumba and almost every older B&M invert I've been on are more intense than these two rides. Even Afterburn at Carowinds is more intense than Fury.

Edited by Intimidator305

So what is (if any) the early entry for this park (for a regular daily admission ticket guest)? What about gate drops?

International Street opens at 10:00 AM so you can ride Dominator, Berserker, and the Eiffel Tower if you wish before the rest of the park opens at 10:30. Season passholders get the opportunity to ride Volcano and one other ride (its a daily rotation) beginning at 10:00 through the early-entry rope on the Dominator walkway.

I wouldn't consider either of these intense at all. In fact, I believe I'd consider Kumba and almost every older B&M invert I've been on more intense than these two rides. Even Afterburn at Carowinds is more intense than Fury.

Are you just saying that because you are an Intamin fan (no offense)? Fury is way more intense than Afterburn. Thunderbird is debatable but it's still an intense ride.

^^ I must say Fury is definitely more intense than Thunderbird (obviously). Thunderbird is about as gentle of a B&M as I can think of actually - which to be honest is a perfect match for Holiday World and their market audience. I think it is a great fit for the park and easily their second best ride.

^ I love B&Ms just as much as Intamins (5 B&Ms and 5 Intamins in my top 10), however, one thing I must say is B&Ms have been lacking the past decade with new rides is the intensity that many of their rides once had (and there are plenty of others that agree). This could and probably is totally due to the parks requests!

On the note of Kings Dominion, I believe one more B&M to compliment Dominator would serve the park well. That would give them an impressive 2 Intamins and 2 B&Ms. Dominator packs a good punch too (especially when the MCBR barely hits), so one of these newer B&Ms would do well as they're quite different from Dominator.

International Street opens at 10:00 AM so you can ride Dominator, Berserker, and the Eiffel Tower if you wish before the rest of the park opens at 10:30. Season passholders get the opportunity to ride Volcano and one other ride (its a daily rotation) beginning at 10:00 through the early-entry rope on the Dominator walkway.

I wouldn't consider either of these intense at all. In fact, I believe I'd consider Kumba and almost every older B&M invert I've been on more intense than these two rides. Even Afterburn at Carowinds is more intense than Fury.

Are you just saying that because you are an Intamin fan (no offense)? Fury is way more intense than Afterburn. Thunderbird is debatable but it's still an intense ride.

I would also give the "intensity" prize to Afterburn ahead of Fury. As for what kind of coaster KD will be getting in the future . . . I've no idea. Then again, I like surprises.

You know what would be an awesome ride that no one has mentioned? A large GCI woodie like Wood Coaster in China.

I'm not sure that would be an awesome ride.

Okay, maybe not like that one, but why not a GCI? They're not rough, provide tons of intensity and airtime, and are not too expensive. Also, KD still needs a great woodie besides Rebel Yell. I'd still rather have a B&M, but a nice woodie wouldn't be bad either.

But let's wait and see.

You know what would be an awesome ride that no one has mentioned? A large GCI woodie like Wood Coaster in China.

I'm not sure that would be an awesome ride.

I liked that ride quite a bit--but I think it was more for the setting than the ride itself.

Edited by cfc

Err, maybe not that big but at least a good sized one.

They already have four woodies, even though only one of them is great and the rest stink doesn't mean they'll just add another one, also KD is not a small Cedar Fair park so a B&M is not out of the budget for them, a GCI is more in need for a park like Dorney Park, which is a park that has a much smaller budget and they only have one woodie. Also they won't remove Hurler just yet so maybe several years when they do, then it might be time to think about a GCI.