TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I was at the park yesterday, and Stinger is showing no signs of life whatsoever. Didn't even see anyone working on it. It's just sitting in limbo.

As far as the "sending out empty trains" issue goes, Talon and hydra both sent out several trains either empty, or with only two riders. Demon drop sent several empty cars, and the log flume sent several empty logs.

It was dead yesterday. Even WWK didn't look very busy at all.

I was at the park yesterday, and Stinger is showing no signs of life whatsoever.

Good. They really need to get rid of it and replace it with something else... a Euro Fighter would actually be a great fit for Dorney as capacity isn't an issue and they're relatively cheap.

Do you think they miss Laser yet? Everyone else does.

Every single one of my co-workers (who is from New England area) -- and that's about 5, when they found out I went to Dorney, asked,

"Did you ride the big wood one that goes over the water?"

after the 2nd time, I looked it up, so the 3rd time I could say "Hercules?"

and they were all upset when I told them the ride was gone.

so folks still miss that one.. tho no one mentioned Laser

Laser was a good ride but nowhere near the best ride in the park. I miss it, but Possessed is definitely a better ride. Stinger most definitely is not.

I didn't say it was the best ride in the park (though personally I think it may have been... I'm between that and Talon), but it's miles ahead of Stinger only without the maintenance headaches, headbanging, downtime, stranded riders, valleying and injuries that send riders to the hospital.

You couldn't pay me to ride Stinger again, once was definitely enough. It may be my least favorite coaster of all time (probably between that and Corkscrew at CP). The seats are really what get me, they're so shallow and small, like they forgot people were going to be sitting in them.

I was a big fan of Laser and really wish they would've kept that versus the hand-me-down piece of crap that currently sits there. And I didn't even find Stinger to be that bad of a ride.....but it didn't hold a candle to Laser, and it's an absolute maintenance nightmare for the park.

I did like Laser a lot, but for me it's no contest that Talon is the best coaster in this park, hands down. It was right up there as one of my favorite inverts I've ridden, only slightly edged out by Afterburn at Carowinds. Then I rode Banshee, which blew both of those away and now sits as my favorite invert.

Invertigos are very intense and actually decent rides. Sometimes too intense though.

I remember that Dorney's water park has a policy that dudes can't wear shirts on the speed slides. Does Snake Pit have this restriction? I have a friend who insists on wearing shirts while swimming in my presence and I usually do too.

For the Snake Pit drop box slides they don't allow shirts. For the Snake Pit tube slides, shirts can be worn.

I don't see why a guy shouldn't be able to wear a rash guard. It's the same as a girl wearing a typical one piece.

I thought I read somewhere that some of the trap door slides actually give you a foam board thingie to put on your back as you slide down. Unfortunately I have to wear a shirt when I go swimming, so it looks like no super-fast Snake Pit slides for me.

For the Snake Pit drop box slides they don't allow shirts. For the Snake Pit tube slides, shirts can be worn.

I don't see why a guy shouldn't be able to wear a rash guard. It's the same as a girl wearing a typical one piece.

One pieces are usually quite a bit more snug than a t-shirt.

The drop slides at Six Flags America (a Splashtacular Down Under model) allows shirts to be worn, and the experience is much better if you do wear one. I went without the first time I rode, and my back was pretty chewed up. With a shirt, re-riding comfortably is actually an option.

Hi there, new to the board, looking for Dorney Park expertise...

The last time I was at Dorney Park, I was there for a wedding, which was on Hercules... I was part of the wedding, we were held on the lift hill while vows were exchanged, and then took the plunge together! It was great! Can't imagine something more appropriate for two coaster lovers...

We will be at the park either Friday July 11th or Wednesday July 16th, not precisely sure yet. We should be there near opening, but probably won't stay beyond 6 PM or so, as we've either got to get to bed for early lacrosse games on the 12th, or we've got to get to the airport on the 16th...

I've got a couple of questions.

It seems from reading the board that the Dorney coasters typically don't have long lines, which is great. Are there any coasters that should be prioritized in the early part of the day, like coasters that are very popular or take forever to load?

Second, trying to find details on discounted admission, the best I've heard about is to go in person to Weis-King supermarket (there's one on Hamilton near Dorney, and they seem to be pretty common) and buy tickets there, but I haven't been able to get much in the way of details as to what the pricing is.

Any other suggestions or more details for me? There are rumors of coupons at fast food places or on Coca-Cola beverage cans, but I can't find details and so have no idea if that would be better or worse.

Thanks in advance. I'm really looking forward to the trip!

Hi there, new to the board, looking for Dorney Park expertise...

The last time I was at Dorney Park, I was there for a wedding, which was on Hercules... I was part of the wedding, we were held on the lift hill while vows were exchanged, and then took the plunge together! It was great! Can't imagine something more appropriate for two coaster lovers...

We will be at the park either Friday July 11th or Wednesday July 16th, not precisely sure yet. We should be there near opening, but probably won't stay beyond 6 PM or so, as we've either got to get to bed for early lacrosse games on the 12th, or we've got to get to the airport on the 16th...

I've got a couple of questions.

It seems from reading the board that the Dorney coasters typically don't have long lines, which is great. Are there any coasters that should be prioritized in the early part of the day, like coasters that are very popular or take forever to load?

Second, trying to find details on discounted admission, the best I've heard about is to go in person to Weis-King supermarket (there's one on Hamilton near Dorney, and they seem to be pretty common) and buy tickets there, but I haven't been able to get much in the way of details as to what the pricing is.

Any other suggestions or more details for me? There are rumors of coupons at fast food places or on Coca-Cola beverage cans, but I can't find details and so have no idea if that would be better or worse.

Thanks in advance. I'm really looking forward to the trip!

You will not run into any problems at all. Like Elissa said, the only dry ride that consistently has a line is the Wild Mouse. Everything else is basically a station wait most/all of the day, usually 1-2 trains. The S&S towers can sometimes reach 15-20min due to low capacity, so maybe make that a priority.

Around 3pm, some of the waterpark crowd may migrate over, so you might see Talon with a 20min line. I've always re-rode everything multiple times on my visits so I've never stayed past 6pm. Night time could see longer lines with the waterpark closed.