TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CoasterMania! 2010 Details Announced for Cedar Point

Cedar Point announced details for its 2010 CoasterMania! Event. Looks like they are keeping last years format for the most part and keeping it a 2-Day event, June 4th - June 5th. Biggest difference there will be no voting on which rides will have ERT. Here are the Details, also availble at the the Official Website.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/news/coastermania/index.cfm

Friday, June 4th

- Social Hour in the Coral Courtyard

- Special presentation in the Convention Center with keynote speaker, Walter Bolliger (B&M)

- Film Festival

- PM ERT on Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum XL-200, Mantis, Raptor

Saturday, June 5

- Behind-the-scenes tour of Millennium Force

- AM ERT on Millennium Force

- Behind-the-scenes tour of Maverick

- AM ERT on Maverick, Skyhawk and Shoot the Rapids

- Mini Golf Challenge at Challenge Park/Games of Skill Competition on Gemini Midway

- Lunch in the Point Pavilion

- PM ERT on maXair, Disaster Transport, Blue Streak, Wicked Twister

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people will have to choose between Coastermania and Holiwood nights. Interesting.

Looks like Holiwood Nights might be much better this year with less terrible Ohio people!

but...they wont be able to waterboard walter until he tells of the 4D launched coaster they are holding under wraps at holiwood nights!

Odd move they choose to go head-to-head with HoliWood Nights, but oh well. Hopefully the park learns from the mistakes made last year with ERT on Friday night.

I was dreading the awful lines at the Holiday World event, but this should put an end to that fear. Should also make finding a hotel/camping easier for people this year at both events.

ERT schedule seems a little unbalanced to me. Lots of "majors" one night, but none the next...

The final ERT that closes out the event seems kind of weak

I know it's just personal preference, but usually when we plan an event we like to always have a "Major" included with every ERT schedules and we try to end on the best coaster you possibly can.

Do they ever pull the "surprise coaster" for ERT and add something like Dragster or Millennium Force for the final night ERT?

Maybe they are worried about flushing the queue on a major for a Saturday night? But still I'd have to think that MF's line would clear pretty fast.

--Robb

The final ERT that closes out the event seems kind of weak

I know it's just personal preference, but usually when we plan an event we like to always have a "Major" included with every ERT schedules and we try to end on the best coaster you possibly can.

Maybe they're more concerned with letting their evening cleanup crews take care of the park without worry of running over guests.

It does seem kind of odd to have an evening ERT with only the rides at the front of the park.

^ And without a major ride like Raptor. But see, I don't really know because I haven't been to this event since 2000. I have no idea if Friday is more of the "popular night" or what.

And if that's the case and everyone is pretty much gone by Saturday no reason to have anything big open anyway.

--Robb

^Last year was the first 2 day event, so it was new to them. However, ERT on Friday night was beyond awful. They had 30-45 minute waits for Magnum and 45-60 minutes for Maverick because they were not ran together. They chose to do Magnum first, then open Sky Hawk during it and then open Maverick as Magnum ERT was ending.

We skipped Saturday morning ERT for because of the stagger idea (although I was told it was ran better) and did Saturday night ERT. It was Blue Streak and Raptor. For Blue Streak, it was crowded but no more then 3-5 train wait. Once Raptor ERT started, it was walk-on the rest of ERT. We ended ERT with 12 re-rides with plenty of empty seats. People just could not do 6 am ERT with the biggest coasters (MF and TTD) then ERT at 10:30 PM for 2 coasters that had small lines(walk-on in the case of Blue Streak) during the day.

Looks like Holiwood Nights might be much better this year with less terrible Ohio people!

Hey now, why the Ohio hate????? In that case: Roll Tide!

I have gone to this the last several years, and thought the Sat night line up listed today was kind of weak, although I will marathon WT.

The behind the scenes stuff looks good, as well as the 2 hours of ERT on MF, will be able to get a lot of rides on that.

Sometimes they add a coaster to the list, would make a LOT more sense to have Raptor open for ERT on Sat with Maxair, WT, etc....

And what is with the ERT on Mantis??? No thanks, I like my brain and spine aligned they way both are now....I do not see a big rush for this.

At least they are grouping the ERT, would suck to have ERT of like WT, Maverick and Magnum, all walking, little riding. . Of course in my opinion CP needs to have ERT with every coaster open.

Last year Friday night did suck, there were shorter lines BEFORE ERT started. But will say one thing, for Cedar Fair, the food at the Friday night thing did not suck, was decent.

Having said that, the lunch at Coastermania usually comes with extras, usually a ton of muffleheads in your food. I was trying to eat, after moving from one table to the next about three times, tried to take a bite of potato salad and there was a big un right there. Almost had a reverse gastrointestinal event...

^Last year was the first 2 day event, so it was new to them. However, ERT on Friday night was beyond awful. They had 30-45 minute waits for Magnum and 45-60 minutes for Maverick because they were not ran together. They chose to do Magnum first, then open Sky Hawk during it and then open Maverick as Magnum ERT was ending.

Wow, thats not ERT.

For a park as big as Cedar Point is, you would think they would offer a bit more to its fans.

Cedar Point needs to take a look at SFMM, they know how to do an enthusiast event. Or at least limit the number of people that attend.

My only thoughts on the ERT line-up being weak on Saturday night, is that they are front loading the best coaster earlier in case of weather problems.

For example, if it is rainy on Saturday morning they can reschedule the coasters for Staruday morning ERT to Saturday night. If you have a big coaster for ERT at the end and rain occurs no one is happy.

We skipped Saturday morning ERT for because of the stagger idea (although I was told it was ran better) and did Saturday night ERT. It was Blue Streak and Raptor. For Blue Streak, it was crowded but no more then 3-5 train wait. Once Raptor ERT started, it was walk-on the rest of ERT. We ended ERT with 12 re-rides with plenty of empty seats. People just could not do 6 am ERT with the biggest coasters (MF and TTD) then ERT at 10:30 PM for 2 coasters that had small lines(walk-on in the case of Blue Streak) during the day.

Friday night 'ERT' (if you can call it that) last year was TERRIBLE. Saturday morning went very well (Millennium line started by the unload station, TTD line started at the bottom of the station ramp), and Saturday night was empty.

I like the idea of offering walkbacks, I think it makes CoasterMania a much more interesting event. I think I'm choosing Holiwood Nights (if I can), though. I'm holding out for CP to get something new.

Speaking of which: not to be off-topic, but does anyone have the Holiwood Nights PDF saved? It won't let me download it from the HW site. Thanks!

I like the idea of offering walkbacks, I think it makes CoasterMania a much more interesting event. I think I'm choosing Holiwood Nights (if I can), though. I'm holding out for CP to get something new.

I know I'm in the minority here, but that's just how I feel about Cedar Point. I only go when they add a new coaster. I'm not a huge fan of the park and think two parks closer to me have a better collection of coasters (SFGAdv and KD).

If it's another five years before I get back to the Point, then so be it.

I'll be at Holiwood Nights.