TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

^^You have to remember this is a Merlin park. They have a history of embellishing certain facts about their rides. For example Vengance 5D at the London Dungeon - they just took a normal 4D ride, added a pointless shooting element and claimed the ride now has 5 dimensions to it!

Dodgy marketing or not I'm still very excited to ride this coaster next year.

Don't forget the fact that you shouldn't ride thirteen more than once!

^And you need to sign a lease saying you wont sue if you are mentally scarred by the experience...

The more pictures I see of this coaster, the more I want to make my way all the way across the pond! Although I don't know if I want to rent a 1 bedroom apartment just to ride the other roller coasters at Thorpe

• 2 weeks later...
^Yes but very few in the UK do

The theming on this ride is fantastic, glad to see thorpe's wing coaster will be a better themed experience than the two unthemed coasters opening in America. Hopefully we will see testing begin this month since it opens in only a few months time!

Hopefully the theming will make up for how boring and uninspired the layout is.

^I love the way the control station (or whatever you call it) is above the track. Great idea!

I'm pretty sure a lot of rides do this.

Yeah, as Rollercoaster5000 said, most coasters in the UK haven't got this. Most just have an unattractive box on the side of the platform...

Really Guy? I think this has the best of the layouts I've seen on the Wing Riders. Layout plus Theming on this one makes it my most anticipated of the B&M Wing Riders.

Really Guy? I think this has the best of the layouts I've seen on the Wing Riders. Layout plus Theming on this one makes it my most anticipated of the B&M Wing Riders.

Honestly, I'm not overly excited by any of the wing rider layouts, but this one of the three newbies looks the least thrilling. I don't know the exact length of it either, but it looks very short in comparison to the other two. I think that Wild Eagle being at the top of a mountain will at least give some awesome views and a more exagerated feeling of flight.

Guy "Just one man's opinion. I hope I didn't start some huge international incident over it." Koepp

Honestly, I'm not overly excited by any of the wing rider layouts, but this one of the three newbies looks the least thrilling. I don't know the exact length of it either, but it looks very short in comparison to the other two.

I think it will be thrilling, it provides tons of near miss points and you'll get some great hangtime on the first inversion/drop. I think the most uncreative layout is that of Wild Eagle, its very similar to a standard B&M layout IMO. X - Flight and Swarm have fairly unique layouts.