TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Doug, what's the full URL?

The survey URL is exclusive to each email, even if I try to open it on another computer on a different IP it just comes up with a "thank you for completing this survey" page. So, really no point in posting the link as it has "expired."

Here are two possible sites that I think can be used for Lake Monster.

lake.PNG.89b392775035b3970d9a29f0c18985e4.PNG

This is the first site, which is used for Fright Fest. It seems kind of cramped, but maybe part of the ride will be over the lake.

lake2.PNG.76375404b1e78c20c2b75bc2df495ac6.PNG

This site seems better. The go karts or Galaxy Theater may be removed, and the coaster would have a lot of room.

DougMJr, are you a season pass holder? I wonder who they sent these surveys too...

I'm a little taken back that they would go the wooden route, but HELLO that would be one sexy ride! It has been so long since a real coaster has been added they are long overdo. This would really help round out the coaster selection at the park.

The only time I've visited in the past couple years has been when friends or family have had employer picnics and asked me to go, but an addition like this would bring me there on my own. It is very interesting they are including the specs in the survey. Heres to hoping this materializes...and oh I kind of like the name Lake Monster

I think it will NOT be in the campgrounds area. I am pretty sure they make a lot of money with the campgrounds and concerts and they wouldn't want to do anything to reduce that.

I actually don't mind Lake Monster for a name, though I think Darien Lake Monster would be better. That way it would be more like Loch Ness monster and the lake Champlain monster.

I just received a survey too, but this was not about Lake Monster. It was about a new dining option called Smokehouse Blues. When asked about it, I replied that I heard about Lake Monster, and would much rather see that as a new addition. Here is the ad.

dl.PNG.686d0c831a738b03083201d95e608448.PNG

DougMJr, are you a season pass holder? I wonder who they sent these surveys too...

I'm a little taken back that they would go the wooden route, but HELLO that would be one sexy ride! It has been so long since a real coaster has been added they are long overdo. This would really help round out the coaster selection at the park.

The only time I've visited in the past couple years has been when friends or family have had employer picnics and asked me to go, but an addition like this would bring me there on my own. It is very interesting they are including the specs in the survey. Heres to hoping this materializes...and oh I kind of like the name Lake Monster

I am a season pass holder, but I also filled out a survey that came earlier in the year and they referenced that in the email. So, I'm not exactly sure who they are sending it to.

^Interesting, I wonder what other surveys they are sending out. Perhaps they could do both a restaurant and a coaster, doesn't seem to out of the realm.

I made sure that I mentioned Lake Monster so they know that everyone who knows about it wants it in the park. Truthfully, the new restaurant seems nice, but if there is a choice between Lake Monster and that, I would pick Lake Monster hands down.

Unless the restaurant and the coaster are together as part of a mini-themed area in the park. If they decide to build by the lake it would be interesting to go underwater like Anaconda at Kings Dominion.

I think it will NOT be in the campgrounds area. I am pretty sure they make a lot of money with the campgrounds and concerts and they wouldn't want to do anything to reduce that.

The camping area is relatively large as it is and losing a few spots close to the park shouldn't hurt the camping area at all. Besides the area in question is wide open and close to Twister, Tin LIzzies and Viper anyway, a section that needs a few attractions to bolster the area up some.

Can someone explain to me why ride or steel is at 38 on the mitch hawker poll while s:ros is all the way down at 62? They are mirror images so how can the difference be that drastic?
Can someone explain to me why Ride of Steel is at 38 on the Mitch Hawker poll while S:ROS is all the way down at 62? They are mirror images so how can the difference be that drastic?

First off, can you try to make posts that don't look like crap? Thanks.

Second of all, Darien Lake seems to take MUCH better care of the ride than SFA does. Last time I rode both, ROS at DL ran significantly better than than SROS did. This is what is sad. You know that both rides have the potential to be AWESOME, but it's a shame that a lack of care has caused a ride to run so poor.

Edited by robbalvey

^the keyboard on my tablet is difficult to work with.. I'm glad you still managed to understand my post in spite of its terrible asthetics

But yeah that's really disappointing to me that SFA could allow S:RoS to fall nearly 30 places below a ride that is virtually the same.

I hope they don't replace Predator. It's still a good classic woodie. There's plenty of room in the park, without tearing something down or replacing. I don't think they would be refurbishing predator either. That's a lot of work. It's not like hades where they replaced one thing. This would be a whole new track layout. Installing the wing drop would take a lot of effort, but hey, either way ill be satisfied as long as I get to ride it.