TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 149 - Tiana's Bayou Adventure opening on June 28th!

I attend Disneyland/DCA several times a month and I can't recall every seeing Nachos being offered at these parks. Where the heck are our Nachos? Hot cheese be damned! I want some tasty nachos.

Anyhow, I'm sure Disney will reach some agreement with these people. Hopefully their youngster wasn't permanently damaged/emotionally scared. Lets bring those HOT tasty nachos to Disneyland DCA please! Otherwise all we have involving tasty nacho cheese is our pretzels. (which are pretty good)

I attend Disneyland/DCA several times a month and I can't recall every seeing Nachos being offered at these parks. Where the heck are our Nachos? Hot cheese be damned! I want some tasty nachos.

Cocina Cucomonga, Cove Bar, and White Water (at GCH) have nachos.

A month or two ago I had the white water nachos and they were very very hot...but they are supposed to be! What ever happened to personal responsibility? Are people not capable of testing food anymore before they gorge themselves? I wouldn't be surprised if these people have never eaten at a real restaurant. Real restaurants, not fast food places, try their best to deliver the food to you as hot as possible!

674321948_2010TPRChristmas18.jpg.84441dd5fd9cf880cd23e0f3c65b07c5.jpg

Delicious White Water Nachos! Could these be the culprits?

Real restaurants, not fast food places, try their best to deliver the food to you as hot as possible!

there's hot, and then there's burn your tonsils off hot. We don't really know just *how* hot it was. I think many of the people posting in this thread are being presumptuous at this point. Is a copy of the suit available online somewhere?

Since it happened last March, I wonder if the statute of limitations is 12 months?

I do, however, LOVE the lawsuit regarding It's a Small World. Simply amazing!

Jeez... what's next? This is plain ridiculous. The Nachos might have been hot, but parents should have looked after their kid to prevent him from burning himself with the cheese.

Oriol "Wishes Disney would sue these people back for being SO stupid" Monroig

Real restaurants, not fast food places, try their best to deliver the food to you as hot as possible!

Eh, I prefer a restaurant that cooks my food to the temperature I order it cooked to. For example, a rare steak (the only way to order quality beef) should be cooked to about 120 F.

I'm going to have to agree with Joe. We can't tell much about the merit of this case from this short article. That's what the legal discovery process is for. It's probably not a great idea to sell nacho cheese hot enough to take off skin in a park with so many small children.

yea I saw this and what caught my eye the most about it was the fact that the 4 year old grabbed the tray and it fell on him. Why would the parents let a 4 year old grab the tray? So wouldn't the fault be on the parents? In all fairness I did see the picture and it obviously was painful but like other people have mentioned nacho cheese is going to be hot because who wants cold nacho cheese.

"This is the second lawsuit filed against Disney this week. On Monday, a quadriplegic visitor at Disneyland filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles following an evacuation issue on the It's A Small World ride alleging the Walt Disney Co. "violated the Americans with Disabilities Act by failing to have adequate evacuation procedures for visitors with mobility disabilities,"

On this, I was talking to my BF about it. He said there is no specific walkway to help people off. All they can do is push the boats until they get into the main area.

Oh man that basket of delicious looking Nachos made me hungry

I was just thinking in both of the cases could the age of the victims be taken into account? A 79 year old women skin is thin a paper and a four year old child skin is very delicate also, so would the same injuries result in say a person in their 20s or 30's?

Regardless if McDonalds coffee was hotter then standards or not a 79 year old person shouldn't be driving for one, and especially with a hot liquid I've also had a coworker who spilled coffee on herself on the way to work and was crying about how her Va JJ was burning yet I don't recall her suing AM/PM for her own mistake .

I know the Disney case isn't fully disclosed yet but my early speculation says this is just a case of the parents not paying attention even it was just a split second and want someone to blame someone with tons and tons of money. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and anyone with little kids know how unbelievably fast they can be, especially when getting into something they are not suppose to be getting into. Watching them is a 24 hour task. Like just the other night I had went to Carls jr. sat the bags of food on my kitchen counter and within seconds of me tuning my back it seamed like, my 3 year old had hamburger and fries on the kitchen floor. You have to keep everything out of their reach especially hot food and liquids, I'm sure Disney isn't putting hot nacho cheese in the kiddy buffet lol it was up to the parents to keep that cheese out of the childs reach no matter how hot it was they knew it was hot.

The thing that sucks most about this is that none of us will ever be able to have Disneyland Nachos with nice hot nacho cheese again. They're going to be so worried that someones going to get burned and they'll get sued again so they'll intentionally keep the temperature down. Cold nacho cheese for everyone from now on! So by suing they ruin it for everyone.

It's like McDonalds and their coffee. Good luck getting a hot cup of joe anymore...

I feel sorry for the child but, this also shows negligence from the parents to monitor the child.How did the parents not see the child going for the tray. I mean seriously? Its ridiculous!.

As for the second suit. I guess I am the only one who can stand Its a small world on this entire forum!. Did the guy expect a ride operation employee to swim under the boats to brave it to get to him and sit in the boat playing Patty-cake or some such BS with him?

I seriously want to walk behind that guy every day with a small Cassette or CD of hours of "Its a small world" to just play back.

Wow, how quick everyone is to jump to Disney's defense without knowing ANY details of the case. The cheese could have very well been way too hot and caused burns, and if it was, you had better believe Disney was negligent. I'm no more a fan of frivolous lawsuits than anyone else here, but at least wait for more details before rushing to the corporation's defense like reckless fanboys.

I feel sorry for the child but, this also shows negligence from the parents to monitor the child.How did the parents not see the child going for the tray. I mean seriously? Its ridiculous!.

As for the second suit. I guess I am the only one who can stand Its a small world on this entire forum!. Did the guy expect a ride operation employee to swim under the boats to brave it to get to him and sit in the boat playing Patty-cake or some such BS with him?

I seriously want to walk behind that guy every day with a small Cassette or CD of hours of "Its a small world" to just play back.

My parent's accountant used to work for Disney. Whenever the IRS called, he would put them on hold.....and let them listen to It's a Small Word for ten minutes!

I don't know all the details of this case, but I feel about the same way as I do with most lawsuits: if the victim could have easily prevented the incident, it should not be something that can win a lawsuit. It is unfortunate that a kid got burned, but this is the type of incident that could have been prevented very easily. It is similar to the McDonald's coffee suit in that way. Both of these are also things so common they could easily happen at home. Who is there to sue in that case? I really hope this lawsuit fails. It is just as dumb as the coffee suit, which should not have won (I don't care if McDonald's had hot coffee, the person shouldn't have been drinking and driving in the first place, and coffee is supposed to be hot).

As for the Small World suit, I don't believe there is any reason a guest should be able to sue a park for a ride malfunction except one: a guest is injured due to an incident that didn't result from their individual stupidity and the park doesn't pay for any medical costs plus reasonable compensation. For getting stuck on a ride, exit passes should be good enough compensation. Also, those who are handicapped and choose to ride rides should be aware that, due to their circumstances, it may take longer to remove them from the attraction than it takes to remove an able guest, and they must be okay with that. I'm sure the park isn't discriminating, they are just doing everything in the safest way possible.

I guess I am the only one who can stand Its a small world on this entire forum!

You aren't the only one. I ride it at least once out of every four visits (or on any visit if the Holiday version is up). Of course, I only visit Disneyland once a year, and only buy a pass on years when a major new attraction is added, which is about once every four years (in which case I will visit between once a month and once every other month).