TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Often Do You Go To Your Local Park?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 home parks, Valleyfair and Nick Universe. I have a pass for Valleyfair and go there about 15 times each year and every weekend during the haunt. I usually make it to Nick Universe around 5 times a year, but I have already been then there 4 times this year, so that number may go up slightly.

Usually an average of 15 times per season to both Dorney and Great Adventure. I normally go a lot to Great Adventure in April, May and early June, September and October (Friday nights) when the park is less crowded and go to Dorney during the summer where lines aren't as bad.

We go to SFDK about 5 or 6 times a season. I didn't go to CGA at all last year, and don't have any plans to go until they add something good. We also usually go to Gilroy Gardens and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk at least once a year. Much like the OP, if I lived in Southern California, I believe I would be at either SFMM or the DLR much more often than we visit the parks closer to us here in NorCal.

When I was younger, I would go to Knoebel's every night they had bargain night (Fridays, I believe). When I got older, I still went near every weekend, but in the last few years my visits have decreased for whatever reason.

I plan on visiting a lot this summer though, just to catch a quick ride on Phoenix, Twister, and the Turns when it opens. That's one thing I love about Knoebel's, you can just go and chill out, catch a quick ride or two, costs $5-$10 tops.

SFDK is like a 10-12 hour drive so its a little too far.

WHAT! Where in San Diego do you live? Alpine? Last year I drove Lindberg Field (Downtown San Diego) to the Hotel Nikko (Downtown San Francisco) in just over 7 hours. That was with crappy traffic on the 5 in L.A. too. it's only about 500 miles, and SFDK was only about a 20 minute drive from my hotel.

WHAT! Where in San Diego do you live? Alpine? Last year I drove Lindberg Field (Downtown San Diego) to the Hotel Nikko (Downtown San Francisco) in just over 7 hours. That was with crappy traffic on the 5 in L.A. too. it's only about 500 miles, and SFDK was only about a 20 minute drive from my hotel.

I live in Eastlake (Chula Vista). And I was going off the time it took to drive to Mammoth. I've always flown to San Francisco. But 7 hours!?!! Thats short.

My home park is Wild Waves, which isn't very exciting and isn't open very long, so I think this summer I'll probably go 1 or 2 times and I'm debating whether I should buy a season pass or not because I'm very low on cash right now.

Back when it was Six Flags Great Adventure, we went around 20-25 times a year. Our home park since 2006 has been Dorney. In '06 and '07 we didn't go much at all, but it picked up considerably last year. I've always wanted an Impulse coaster nearby and now that we finally have it, that's usually the sole reason I go to Dorney.

Yeah, I only go to SFFT, SWSA, and SFOT maybe once every 1-2 years or so on average. Dallas and San Antonio are about 3-5 hours from where I live (darn SFAW for closing before I had the chance to ride everything there!) and most of the coasters at those three parks I've already ridden multiple times before and I'm not really crazy about anyway.

Kemah Boardwalk I guess you could say is my true "home park" and even though it has the awesome Bullet, it's the only coaster there, so I don't really find it worthwhile to make the surprisngly long drive down there from the Katy area just for a couple spins on that more than once every year.

But I agree with the first poster, if I had CP, SFMM, or WDW/Universal as my home park I'd probably be going there many times a year!!

Joseph "Although I still do need my Flashback credit from SFOT..." Frombaugh