TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Fast Food thread

ebl

Hotel food - Any hotel in Europe that offers Nutella and chocolate sprinkles is awesome in my book!

I don't like Chipotle at all, and I've never been to Moe's. Mexican food wise, I absolutely love the shredded beef quesadilla from Jimboy's. I also love Panda Express. I don't know what it is about that place, but I love it. I also wish there were more Fazolli's around. We had one in Austin, TX, and really liked it.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Northern Ohio, Chipotle is god. That place can do no wrong in the area and lots of the Cleveland suburbs (west side) have them and all of them do amazing business! I could get buried in Chipotle when I die and would be completely happy with that!

Had a McRib the other day. I thought it tasted like a Bic Mac covered in BBQ sauce. I don't understand the hype over this sandwich.

I thought the Baconator was a bit overrated too. As much as I love bacon, I thought the Baconator tasted a bit flat.

This one is really hard for me to pick a favorite for because:

A). We rarely eat at fast food places unless we are on a road trip where we want to get to our destination as quickly as possible.

B). A lot of fast food depends on if you get it fresh or if it's been microwaved or sitting under a heat lamp for a long period of time.

C). I have had both good and bad meals over the years at all of the leading chains (McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendys, Arby's etc).

Fresh versus pre-made definitely makes a huge difference at all of them though.

The last fast food place I ate was coming back from a business road trip to Lexington in December. We stopped at a Pilot gas station and they had a Hardees burger joint in central Ohio. I got the Frisco Thickburger with bacon and cheese and it was ummm...not good. Tasted like it had been sitting around for a while and my stomach certainly let me know it's displeasure a little later on. And the clientle in there made me wolf 3/4's of my burger down quickly so we could get the heck out of there as soon as possible, so that didn't help either!

I know this is not fast food, but we went to Applebees the other night (I had a gift card) and my meal was awful. I had the Southwest shrimp fettucine and the pasta was overcooked, greasy, there was hardly any sauce on it, and other than the cajun flavored shrimp, very little flavor. I think I made it through about half of it. My partner got the oriental salad and he said that was good, but unless you use old, limp lettuce it's really kinda hard to screw up a salad.

I haven't been to Applebees in years and wondered if this was just an anomaly and I just happened to get a warmed up meal like at some fast food places, or has their food quality overall gotten worse over the years? I used to love the fiesta chicken and some of their burgers, but this meal was definitely not very tasty and doesn't exactly make me all excited to go back.

I guess this is the reason we don't go out to eat a lot. It is easier for me to make the meals and if they taste like crap, I've got no one to blame but myself!

Forget McDonalds and Burger King, and all those other franchise places, we have a local eatery called Bill Grays. They claim to have the world's greatest cheeseburgers, and I completely agree with them. The meat literally hangs out of the bun, and it's incredibly juicy. Yum, getting hungry just talking about it, I might go there soon.

I really like McDonalds in France, much better than in the US.

I would say KFC is better in USA though. Here, they don't have mashed potatoes or coleslaw, and the bread for sandwiches is pretty bad. Plus in the US they've got the Double Down!

Here We've also got Quick. It's kinda like a french McDonalds. It's alright, but not as good as McD.

I also like Subway. Usually get The Chicken or Subway club w/honey mustard sauce. I like the Meatball Marinara too but it always becomes a mess.

Next to our house, we've got a fast food called "K-pital". Those guys serve burgers with like 3 slices of cheese and 1 pound of beef along with some other crazy sandwiches like one with two steaks, two breaded filets and chicken inside. Poor waistlines...

ext to our house, we've got a fast food called "K-pital". Those guys serve burgers with like 3 slices of cheese and 1 pound of beef along with some other crazy sandwiches like one with two steaks, two breaded filets and chicken inside. Poor waistlines...

I love family or sibling run joints that create and make things like that! Europe needs more of this, well not to a crazy degree but to moderation across the continent I would say. I absolutely love family-run locations that use creativity and have their own crazy dishes, sides and meals. LOVE IT!

Hey Philrad, Bill Grays is right inside the Boulevard Mall in the food court section. Nice to see a fellow Western New Yorker on this site!

Thanks!

I Googled it, but for some reason it didn't want to open up their website or the menu. I did catch where it looks like they have a few restaurants in the Buffalo/Rochester area...definitely going to have to check it out and post a report on here!

Edit: I was able to open the website & see that they have one at Seabreeze so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone next summer - visit an amusement park I've never been to and have one of these delicious looking burgers!

Robb scale (see page 1)

1:

In N' Out

Chipotle

Fatburger

Las Palapas (local I think)

Del Taco

Whataburger

Domino's

Pink's Hot dogs

Bill Miller's BBQ (local I think)

Fosatti's Deli (local, owned by my Grandma)

2:

McDonalds

Pizza Hut

Wendy's

Subway

Long John Silvers

Dairy Queen

Dairy Treat (local)

Taco Cabana

Papa John's

Church's Chicken

3:

Sonic

Chick-Fil-a

Jack in the Box

KFC

Johnny Rockets

Little Caesars

4:

Burger King

Popeye's Chicken

Arby's

5:

CiCi's Pizza (I have never eaten there and not gotten sick)

Taco Hell (Or as they refer to them self, Taco Bell)

It appears that I like More places than I don't.

• 4 weeks later...