TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

^ I hatehatehate pre-shows on most attractions. I don't ride Tower at DCA as much cuz I hate waiting to watch that damn movie.

I really hope the Terminator pre-show is like five seconds of someone screaming "fucking terminatooooooooor" and that's it. Please don't make it like eight minutes long like Test Track.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I thought he was going for more of a "Men In Black" look.

He definitely has something going on around the destroying the matix/managing the alien world type of look! All we know is what he does during the day!

You know... I did see a bright flash over near Terminator. I think it was right about the time that one of the tours was ending. So here's what I think happened: Tim summoned some of his time traveling alien buddies to zap you all into the future. While there, you joined the resistance, fought off the Terminators, rode the coaster, and thereby saved mankind as we know it. After all that excitement, the aliens brought you back to our time where Tim busted out his MIB mind eraser zapper thing-a-ma-jig and erased your memory of any of those events having transpired.

Or... Someone took a flash picture. You decide.

Well when they say that there will be theming that will surpass that of Batman's... It's not like there won't be any. I was merely curious about how extensive it will be. I suppose I care a little too much about the theming .

Tim also said that about Thomas Town @ the 2008 WCB.

It seems to me that with Six Flags, the ambition always surpasses what the actual budget will allow (exp the X2 tunnels). But I have a good feeling about Terminator. I refuse to get my expectations as high as some other people though. I just think it will be fun.

I mean let's just be real here. It's a theme park coaster, not a new Disney E-ticket.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I made the comment to try and temper the excitement about the themeing.

I'm just thrilled there will be a decent wooden roller coaster so close to my house!

I also actually hope the themeing does match B:TR...where the queue sort of tells the story of how you ended up in the batcave (at least there's the natural progression of park under construction...to sewer...to "holy crap we found the batcave!"). That's a nice change from just switchbacks!

I'm much more of a fan of steel coasters than wooden, but I am really excited about this one. I feel confident that the theming will turn out decent (the Travel Blog at the LA Times has given some of the details away but not too much) and I really think that the ride will beat the you know what out of GhostRider overall. I had felt bad about saying that as GhostRider is currently still in my top ten, but lately GhostRider has been beating the you know what out of me when I ride it, so I guess it's even!

Just looking at the pictures of the ride what I am noticing is the absolutely huge amount of lumber that seems to have gone into it. Now we know all the earthquake provisions that are made, but there just seems to be so much lumber that the structure itself looks huge. Is it just the pictures or is the structure as large as it looks?

^ Nice shot. If you start at Deja Vu's cobra roll and go straight down, the guy in the blue jacket with the prominent bald spot is...me.

That was a fun tour, though. And I took it twice so I could go back and get pictures.

I do have a question---in looking at closeups of the track, there's a strip down the middle that looks sort of like an anti-rollback device with the teeth going the wrong way. Is that something for construction or does it have some sort of purpose, like giving maintenance workers something to step on while checking track? You can see that in the picture below.

Eric

Oh, and here's another one that someone was nice enough to take of me after the second tour was over...

1318049277_EBLatTerminator.thumb.jpg.d0122c4905845f5661228aa4c44bea83.jpg

Terminator and me

That really makes no sense... that's like saying nobody should have taken pictures the week(s) before WCB because a ton of people would be taking pictures during the event.

Its like what StickyNicky just said. People have post a lot of Termy photos from WCB, so there's probably not a whole lot thats been done since.

And its nothing like "saying nobody should have taken pictures the week(s) before WCB because a ton of people would be taking pictures during the event." I rather enjoy and appreciate Robb and all others for giving us weekly updates on Terminator. I just highly doubt someone went back to SFMM a week after WCB.

I'll bet next weekend will have a good update. My guess is that at least some of the lift will be in place. And remember, with only about a month before testing begins, they'd better step on the construction.

April will have some great updates, I presume.

Eric

That really makes no sense... that's like saying nobody should have taken pictures the week(s) before WCB because a ton of people would be taking pictures during the event.

No, it makes perfect sense. You have to remember two things:

1. We *just* posted a crap-ton of photos of the ride on Thursday!

2. Don't you trust us that if there was any major changes we would post pictures?

We went on Friday and not much else changed. Here's what it looked like two days ago:

term_fri.jpg.09f1769abce82eb74887d71259adc58b.jpg

Looks like about 3 bents from the lift went up....we'll have a much bigger update next weekend.