TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw Terminator for the first time this past weekend and was impressed by its size and the way it stand prominent in that section of the park. On Saturday they were cycling Deja Vu all day, but it didn't open while we were there. The park was incredibly busy on Saturday with long lines for everything.

Thanks for the update Robb. I can't wait to get back there this coming weekend!

If by "SR" you mean "single rider," only one ride (Deja Vu) had a specific line designated for it. But I've gone into Riddler, Goliath, and Batman (through the FlashPass entrance) and told the attendant that I'm a single rider and they let me in.

Eric

The drop isn't that tall or steep, but it'll give the trains a nice boost of speed. I'm glad that Terminator will be about speed and airtime---even little pops of air. SFMM has needed something like this, and here it is. Having no gut-wrenching drops means it will be more family friendly, which as all of us knows is the direction the park is heading.

Eric

Wow, this is looking very neat!

I always thought wooden coasters were build from the ground upwards , not by placing huge 20m+ wooden lego blocks

I'm happy to be there this summer, but does anyone know if there will also be a fastpass lane, or single rider lane for this ride?

As i'll ofcourse try to do as many rides, in the one day that I have, as possible.

And i heard someone say, just a few comments back, that by entering the fastpass lane , saying he was a single rider , he also got onboard faster , is that worth trying, or do you need to know the operators for that?

( btw sorry for sometimes weird english , I'm dutch )

^If it's older rides, just try using the Flashpass entrance if you're a single rider. In most cases the ride ops will do it to fill empty seats. I'd imagine with Terminator they might want to test the waters to see how fast and effiecient things will be before they decide to include it with Flashpass.

"And i heard someone say, just a few comments back, that by entering the fastpass lane , saying he was a single rider , he also got onboard faster , is that worth trying, or do you need to know the operators for that?" (michielh3)

That was me, and, no, you don't need to know anyone. One thing, though---as a single rider, you won't have a choice of seat. While I enjoy the front seat as a rule, I'm willing to sit anywhere. My feeling is that rides should operate with as many seats filled as possible, so asking an attendant at the entrance if you can slip in and fill an empty seat makes sense. You're not taking cuts---you're filling a seat that would go empty otherwise.

At Disneyland/DCA, they're starting to put dedicated single riders in, and so far, they're working out great. For instance, I've waited five minutes for Splash Mountain with a posted 90-minute wait. Ditto for California Screamin', Soaring Over California, etc.

Eric

The drop looks so small from the angle the pictures are taken at. Maybe that's just because it twists to two sides, or...

The drop isn't the big thing on this ride. What I am more interested in is having good pacing throughout the ride. While it is something that we really can't judge until opening day, from the looks of it this ride should have pretty decent pacing, and looks like it will deliver some decent positive and negative forces.

The Terminator coaster is coming along fast. I am glad to see that they decided to have a large new entrance to the ride, like I had suggested months ago, and even sent the president of six flags my interpretation image and letter. However, I am sure they had all of it planned close to a year ago. I haven't been to Six Flags myself yet to take my own pictures of Terminator, but I'll go once the ride opens.

As for the flashpass, I personally think it's a dumb idea. You spend enough money already for parking (if you so desire too), and pay for food, and souvenirs (if you so desire too), so why would you spend even more money to stand in a less crowded line for a ride at those prices, my god, that's crazy. How many people in this collapsed economy and recession has extra money to chow down on, for a pass, for one ride, for one day. Forget it. I would rather stand in a long line and deal with it, or not ride that ride that day.

Sorry for my ranting, I know this is for the Terminator coaster discussion only.

Once Terminator opens, I will just stand in the long line like everybody else and enjoy a tradition for new rides, and talk amongst friends, and meet new people in line. That's the fun right there.

Tim

How many people in this collapsed economy and recession has extra money to chow down on, for a pass, for one ride, for one day.

The same people that have spare cash to go to a theme park, pay for gas to get there, possibly a hotel room as well and don't want to have to wait the whole time when they're on what should be a fun and relaxing day.

I would rather stand in a long line and deal with it, or not ride that ride that day.

It's fantastic to have that choice (I don't go o anything at Thorpe if the line is over about 10 minutes), but as someone who has travelled to a lot of parks and known that if I didn't ride that day I wouldn't be able to for many years to come, I was very glad that systems were in place that allowed me to pay a premium to make sure I got my ride(s) in.

Dave "another opinion to throw in the mix" Wilson

As for the flashpass, I personally think it's a dumb idea. You spend enough money already for parking (if you so desire too), and pay for food, and souvenirs (if you so desire too), so why would you spend even more money to stand in a less crowded line for a ride at those prices, my god, that's crazy. How many people in this collapsed economy and recession has extra money to chow down on, for a pass, for one ride, for one day. Forget it. I would rather stand in a long line and deal with it, or not ride that ride that day

I really think the Q-Bot is more for people traveling to the park, from far away. At big parks with a lot of rides/thinks to do like SFMM and SFGAdv, you pretty much need one to do everything. That, or you spend another day at a park.

I see what you're saying on how it's pointless to get one, and just not ride that certain ride that day if you live close to SFMM, since you can just ride it another time when the line isn't as long. But I think they will do very well for first-timers at the park/travelers. I know if I went to SFGAdv I would get one.

EDIT: Terminator thread...well uh, I can't wait to see it for the first time since November and get some pictures of it at WCB!

I hope Terminator makes it onto the Flash Pass list. I hope they build a dedicated queue for Flash Pass riders so everyone stuck waiting in the queue can watch Flash Pass folks breeze right through. I want people to think, "Why the crap am I waiting here when I could be one of those people? I can give up my $5/day Starbucks habit for a week! I'm going to get me a Flash Pass!"

That was me, and, no, you don't need to know anyone. One thing, though---as a single rider, you won't have a choice of seat. While I enjoy the front seat as a rule, I'm willing to sit anywhere. My feeling is that rides should operate with as many seats filled as possible, so asking an attendant at the entrance if you can slip in and fill an empty seat makes sense. You're not taking cuts---you're filling a seat that would go empty otherwise.

Ericric

Thanks for the reply !

And it does indeed make sense to fill in seats that would otherwise remain empty.

michiel "why didn't I think of that" h3