TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

^ Ha, well it was a tough crowd and the vocalist was a little turned off by the way the concert went. Also the "stage" was awfully cramped; I was suprised by how much they did move around.

Actually, there is video from their first concert on their website and they moved around pretty good. The video quality is shitty and you can barely hear the vocals. Just watch the first song they played and it shows why I like them...

Scions of Thrym - Just Step Back & I Survive on Human Flesh (original version)

Oh yeah, I forgot about this. At the time of this concert they had a different rhythm guitarist. They've gone through alot of different people these guys...

I just finished watching VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs and I would have to say that the list they came up with is probably the worst I have ever read. The number one song was Welcome To The Jungle by GNR. It is a good song but not #1, Sweet Child O Mine is way better than that bubblegum crap. And there were many song that were left off the list. How do you have Enter Sandman by Metallica and not have Fade To Black or Master Of Puppets which are way better than Enter Sandman which was #3 or 4 on the list. And how do you have only two Led Zeppelin songs and Stairway to Heaven or Heartbreaker are neither of those two. And the biggest disappointment would probably be that Jimi Hendrix had one song on the list, Hey Joe, and it was like #68 with Purple Haze no where to be seen. This was a very disappointing list.

--Chris

^MTV I don't care about I've hated them and stopped caring long ago but VH1 I still had faith in them that they wouldn't become another MTV. VH1's reality shows blow but they still have good music shows. And they were promoting Rock Band because throughout the show they were showing the Celebrity Rock Band Challenge where two celebs would play against each other for a song and then show who won.

--Chris

^^Think of it as the campier side of already campy hair metal and rebellion. They meant to be over the top and goofy. THAT's what made them fun and entertaining. There were plenty of bands trying to be hard a** and more evil than the next. Dee and company were taking a humerous poke at that and just having fun.

Think of a band today that pokes fun at it's own genre and itself, and you'll see what I mean.

Tenacious D and Manson are way over the top. Marilyn Manson is kind of creepy, but is crazy entertaining and interesting! So is Tenacious D

Anyone see HEAVY- the story of metal on VH1? I enjoyed it.

I just want to see if anyone knows an answer to my question:

Is there any good rap songs that can sync up to roller coasters?

Almost nothing I looked at syncs up with coasters. The only one that was close was remixing Obie Trice's "Got Some Teeth" with the Roller Coaster at the New York, New York Hotel.

Just want to know...

^Rick Ross-Push It. The song may not match per lyrical content, but the beat and continuous loop of the hook may make it work.

Coaster Specific (Based on themeing)

Maverick:Ride to Will Smith's "Wild Wild West".

Ghostrider:Ride to Dr. Dre and Eminem's "Bad Guys Always Die".

Georgia Scorcher:Ride To Ludacris' "Southern Hospitality".

Superman Related coasters:Ride to any of Redman's various "Superman Lover" installments.

Nitro:Ride To The Notorious BIG's "Sky's The Limit".

Kingda Ka:Ride to A Tribe Called Quest's "Oh My God".

Top Thrill Dragster: Station's "Baby I'm ready to go!!" can be replaced by "Tell Me When To Go" by E-40.

Raptor:Ride to Kanye West's "Touch The Sky".

...just to name a few.

^Rick Ross-Push It. The song may not match per lyrical content, but the beat and continuous loop of the hook may make it work.

Coaster Specific (Based on themeing)

Maverick:Ride to Will Smith's "Wild Wild West".

Ghostrider:Ride to Dr. Dre and Eminem's "Bad Guys Always Die".

Georgia Scorcher:Ride To Ludacris' "Southern Hospitality".

Superman Related coasters:Ride to any of Redman's various "Superman Lover" installments.

Nitro:Ride To The Notorious BIG's "Sky's The Limit".

Kingda Ka:Ride to A Tribe Called Quest's "Oh My God".

Top Thrill Dragster: Station's "Baby I'm ready to go!!" can be replaced by "Tell Me When To Go" by E-40.

Raptor:Ride to Kanye West's "Touch The Sky".

...just to name a few.

Redman's Sooperman Lover II off Dare Iz A Darkside is the best, even though the first one is perfectly fine too. Tribe's Oh My God can be an anthem for frigging anything. Good call on this list, although I am not a fan of the Will Smith track. I get where you are coming from for it.

Lethal Injection by Ice Cube may be my favorite rap album ever. Every track on it is solid. Although, The Don Killuminati and Life After Death come pretty close. R.I.P. Pac and Biggie.

The Chronic is also one of my favorites, g-funk is sick. I wish more rappers could tried to pull off g-funk just as good as Dre did. Like Afro Puffs - Lady of Rage...but I think Dre produced that...so it doesn't really count.

My band needs a name.

We're doing "Enter Sandman" by Metallica for the battle of the bands this year. Last year our name was Work In Progress, but we lost some members and gained a new guitarist, so we decided to change it. Does anybody have any suggestions?

And for reference, one band we're up against is called The Half Eaten Rotten Burritos. And they're doing "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

My band needs a name.

We're doing "Enter Sandman" by Metallica for the battle of the bands this year. Last year our name was Work In Progress, but we lost some members and gained a new guitarist, so we decided to change it. Does anybody have any suggestions?

And for reference, one band we're up against is called The Half Eaten Rotten Burritos. And they're doing "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

You could try going to the Emo Band Generator. They seem to always have great names. My favorite is "Dogs Die In Hot Cars".

--Chris

Is anyone here into pavement? I've been listening to their stuff on youtube and I have to say they are begginig to become my favourite band at the moment, their stuff recently inspired me to put an ad in NME to form a band. Apparently their reforming soon aswell... hopefully they will and release an awesome album, but I kind of really like the fact no one in my schools ever heared of them.

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

^You should listen to her song Poker Face. Here is a video of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCqCraRl5lw

Lady Gaga has been called the next big thing in pop music, and I think that it's true. She does everything herself, including designing the clothes she wears. I bought her album The Fame a couple weeks ago, and I like almost every single song on it!

She is influenced by flamboyant glam rockers such as David Bowie and Queen as well as '80s dance-pop such as Madonna and Michael Jackson. She got the name Lady Gaga from the Queen song Radio Gaga. Her producer said that she was so over the top and theatrical, so he gave her that nickname and it just stuck.

Everything about Lady Gaga is unique, and that's what I love most about her!

Haha, I'm such a nerd!