TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

I may or may not have mentioned this in this thread or another one... Bruce Springsteen's new album, "Working On a Dream," is coming out at the end of January. There's word that a tour will follow, though no one's really sure if it will or not. I hope so, and if it does, I hope to see him live again. I saw him live for the first time in Columbus on the Magic tour last spring, and hope to see him a few more times. Might as well make it during the next tour.

I just bought Appeal To Reason by Rise Against and I would have to say it is an amazing album. Just the lyrics themselves in all the songs are so profound. And the case it comes in is made out of 100% recyclable materials and printed with 100% vegetable inks and comes with a free PETA sticker. But all-in-all it is an awesome album, if you don't want to buy then check out Re-Education(Through Labor) and Hero of War.

--Chris

^Really? I love Hero of War, and I'm not even a huge fan of acoustic, but that song is just wow. I think it is that the meaning of the song is a bit more stronger to me and that is why I like so much. But From Heads Unworthy is a close 3rd for me.

--Chris

I just discovered that the singer and rhythm guitarist of System of a Down, Serj Tankian, is doing a solo thing. And he is incredible.

He does every instrument by himself, and his songs really have great meaning. Like "Honking Antelope", it's about how humans are corrupting the world and how nature will thrive without us. Watch the video, it's really incredible.

I just discovered that the singer and rhythm guitarist of System of a Down, Serj Tankian, is doing a solo thing. And he is incredible.

He does every instrument by himself, and his songs really have great meaning. Like "Honking Antelope", it's about how humans are corrupting the world and how nature will thrive without us. Watch the video, it's really incredible.

I saw him live as the second act for the Foo Fighters in February. It was ok, I thought a lot of the songs he did sounded the same. I'm not a big fan of the band that is playing for him either. They didn't show much energy and he kind of just stood at the mic the whole time, except when he went and played the piano.

Wow, shitty post combo breaker. You know you can attach more than one picture to a single post instead of triple posting? Also, read the TPR rules before you post again.

Almost all of Oasis' other songs are better than Wonderwall.

Ryan Adams does a cover of Wonderwall that totally redeems that song. I don't even really like Ryan Adams, but his version is amazing.

No offense but... FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now kind of hate Serj, because he was the main reason system of a down broke up. His solo career destroyed one of the the greatest hard rock/nu metal bands of all time.

BTW Any $#%^&*& MAGGOTS out there

Kid A rules way harder than In Rainbows.

Agreed, I think In Rainbows is the weakest of the Radiohead catalog (yes, even behind Pablo Honey), but that doesn't mean the album is worse then anything on the radio today.

Right now, I'm into old Weezer (Blue Album and Pinkerton, I bought the Green Album recently and all the songs sound the same), Radiohead (it's impossible for them to make a bad song, even Pulk/pull from Amnesiac is amazing in it's own weird way), and The Lemonheads(It's a Shame about Ray, by far the most underrated album of the 90's).

Pinkerton is my personal favorite album ever. It failed to sell well when it was released, but it gained a really loyal following, to the point where I would say the reason the Weezer comeback tour in 2000 was successful was because of the die-hard Pinkerton fans. Their music sucks now, though.

And yeah, the Lemonheads rule and that album is killer.

I know this might be a bit obscure for TPR, but anybody into Spank Rock? It's like everything uptight people hate about hip-hop, which means it rules.

No offense but... FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now kind of hate Serj, because he was the main reason system of a down broke up. His solo career destroyed one of the the greatest hard rock/nu metal bands of all time.

BTW Any $#%^&*& MAGGOTS out there

Well right now their on hiatus but I don't see any hope of them comming back. Serj is always saying thay their going to get back together soon, but Malakian is always joking around that they aren't getting back together so it is hard to tell if he is serious. Oh and I'm a F*CKING MAGGOT!!!

--Chris

Pinkerton is my personal favorite album ever. It failed to sell well when it was released, but it gained a really loyal following, to the point where I would say the reason the Weezer comeback tour in 2000 was successful was because of the die-hard Pinkerton fans. Their music sucks now, though.

And yeah, the Lemonheads rule and that album is killer.

I know this might be a bit obscure for TPR, but anybody into Spank Rock? It's like everything uptight people hate about hip-hop, which means it rules.

Do you have either Rivers Cuomo's solo albums? How are they? Which one's better? I want to know before I shell out the money for either of them.