TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

They are basically a bunch of lo-fi demos so I would say only get it if you are a completest or a super nerd =w= fan. Both albums have demo tracks from Songs From The Black Hole, which is the space rock opera he was writing that got scrapped and slowly turned into Pinkerton and its b-sides. The SFTBH-era material is seriously effing good. I don't think it's on either of the Rivers Cuomo albums, but if you can find "You Won't Get With Me Tonight?" that song is absolutely one of my favorite Weezer songs ever.

I bought a copy of Rolling Stone yesterday because it had the 50 albums & songs of the year. To my surprise, I didn't find Radiohead or Coldplay or Plant & Krauss at number one, but there was some Brooklyn, NY band called TV on the Radio. So I did research and THEY ARE GOOD. REAL GOOD. Very energetic music, but I'm not sure you could say it was album of the year (to me, that's In Rainbows).

^ In Rainbows came out October of 2007, that's why it's probably not on there. TV On The Radio is really good though.

Speaking of...what's everyone's favorite albums from this year?

My favorite album of this year is "Skeletal Lamping" by of Montreal. I also thought the releases from Hercules and Love Affair, Lil Wayne, Why?, The Mountain Goats, No Age, and the Wakmen were all really really solid.

My friend recently lent me and album by this guy called burial,

no one has a clue who he his and he makes dubstep tracks, he's

only just announced his name and posted a picture of himself on his

myspace. His album this year, Untrue, was nominated for the mercury

prize which is this massive album awards thing they hold every year here

in the UK, he lost to elbow, whose album is amazing. Anyway, go and by

his album Untrue, it sends goosepimples everytime I listen to it.

Here is his song, Archangel

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9hI4bSCy9iE

And another one, Ghost Hardware

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_MigURCQQA0

^ I kind of like it, but it so different than what John Legend normally does. I also kind of loathe it because John Legend is trying to go mainstream now. He was never about having the club hit or a number one single. He used to be about good R&B, not the same stuff everyone else is doing, which is pretty much what his new album is.

My favorite album of the year? I'll probably get a ton of crap for it, but my favorite this year is Q-Tip's The Rennaisance. He takes it back to his Tribe Called Quest days and it is true hip hop. Its what is needed after a year when everyone was releasing garbage for rap.

"Tribe-like?" Wow, if that's really the case, then I'm gonna have to give this a listen. The Low End Theory is still one of my Top 5 rap albums of all time. If his new stuff is anywhere near old school Tribe, then I'm all over it.

My favorite album of the year? I'll probably get a ton of crap for it, but my favorite this year is Q-Tip's The Rennaisance. He takes it back to his Tribe Called Quest days and it is true hip hop. Its what is needed after a year when everyone was releasing garbage for rap.

"Tribe-like?" Wow, if that's really the case, then I'm gonna have to give this a listen. The Low End Theory is still one of my Top 5 rap albums of all time. If his new stuff is anywhere near old school Tribe, then I'm all over it.

There are a bunch of songs on it that have the jazz overtones in with the beat. None of it is like Vivrant Thing or Breathe and Stop. Search for Getting Up or Move on youtube. I love the Low End Theory, I bust it out everynow and then.

Its pretty good, but its a lot different from their other albums. Halford calls it the metal opera, in order to get the full effect you have to listen to the album start to finish cause its kind of like a book, and theres quite a few slow melodic songs. The singles Visions and Nostradamus are really good, I also really like the songs Alone and Pestilence and Plague.

Taken straight out of U2.com !!!!

If anyone else is interested in U2, check out u2start.com, If your a fan you'll love it, Tell em'roxrios sent ya!!!

'No Line on the Horizon'

No Line On The Horizon, the new studio album from U2, will be released on Monday 2nd March 2009.

Written and recorded in various locations, No Line On The Horizon is the group’s 12th studio album and is their first release since the 9 million selling album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, released in late 2004.

Sessions for No Line On The Horizon began last year in Fez, Morocco, continued in the band’s own studio in Dublin, before moving to New York’s Platinum Sound Recording Studios, and finally being completed at Olympic Studios in London.

The album calls on the production talents of long-time collaborators Brian Eno and Danny Lanois, with additional production by Steve Lillywhite.