TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

I don't care how stupid it is, "I'm On A Boat" is an incredible satire of what modern hip-hop has become: boasting about nothing, flashy videos, and ridiculous profanity. It's really a clever piece of work.

I completely agree. The song is frickin' hilarious, and yet somehow addictive at the same time. Plus, when I saw the video I laughed even harder since I've actually been on that boat! It's an older charter yacht out of Miami named Never Say Never.

Scott "can officially say I've been on that boat, mofo" B.

Who here likes the band Abigail Williams?! I've known about them for a while, but never bothered to listen to them because I thought they were some obscure pop artist. But it turns out that they make some AWESOME black metal. Dare I say, almost better than Dimmu Borgir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9IITQvhlA

^^

Is that you in your avatar?

If it is then...YOU SCENE BOY!!!

or are you emo?

Im just messin around.

I actually like your hair.

Do you dance in all the mosh pits?

Now to get down to business. I can't wait for the new Dream Theater album "Black Clouds and Silver Linings?" Anyone else? I hope my brother pre-orders it so I dont have to pay for it!

Song titles listed below.

1. A Nightmare to Remember

2. A Rite of Passage

3. Wither

4. The Shattered Fortress

5. The Best of Times

6. The Count of Tuscany

comes out June 23rd!!!

1849511750_BlackCLoudsandSIlverLinings.jpg.99131990cece640ceed064f355e0f9b8.jpg

CD cover for the new album

I laughed even harder since I've actually been on that boat! It's an older charter yacht out of Miami named Never Say Never.

I am officially jealous.

I'm curious to see how much higher the demand for that particular vessel has grown since the video was released. And to see how much higher they jacked up the price for it...

I'm curious to see how much higher the demand for that particular vessel has grown since the video was released. And to see how much higher they jacked up the price for it...

Actually, probably not much, if any. The thing about most of the high end yachts you see in videos is usually the artists themselves can't even afford to own them. Just chartering this one for a couple days cost the production company about 100k....and that's for an older, lower level yacht, at best.

And factoring in the "fame" element of a particular vessel generally isn't going to appeal to the crowd who would be most likely to charter a vessel such as this.

I'll give you a couple examples. Here's the most obvious target of I'm on a Boat's satire.

And here's the yacht from the video. And this is the yacht's official site.You won't find mention of Jay Z anywhere. That's because for the $325,000 a week cost to charter it, the usual clientele list probably won't be interested in saying they were on the "Big Pimpin'" boat. That's not to say it wouldn't ever happen, but it's rare.

Same goes for this clip of Striptease with Demi Moore (PG-13, edited, with mostly brief side boob....yes, there is a boat involved too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40-dY2pjAsc

Here's that boat's website. Again, no mention of Demi Moore's boobs. In fact, I was involved with securing dockage for this yacht about 2 years after the film came out. In talking with the family who chartered it for the week, I asked several of them if they realized this boat was used in Striptease? They had no idea. I said, "Yep, it was named 'Big Sugar' in the film." At that point in time (around '98) it was chartering the Caribbean for about $80,000 a week for 12 guests. Now it runs around $175,000/week.

So basically, all these yachts you see used in films don't usually need to advertise that fact when trying to fill charters. Most of the people spending that "cheese" couldn't care less about its history. And just for curiosity's sake, here's a short list of films/yachts used (3rd post down). I was lucky enough to be on four of those: Big Eagle, R. Rendezvous (Donnie Brasco), Taipan III (Rush Hour), and Kingdom 5KR (Bond Film), which was Trump's old yacht.

Sorry to stray off topic. This topic landed in my wheelhouse, sort of speak (I know, horrible pun). Hope that helped a bit.

Now back to the music.

Any Three Days Grace fands here?

I've been listening to them for a while now, but recently I seem to have become addicted!

I also can't get enough of Rise Against.

My friend recommended 3 Days Grace so the other day I bought the Three Days Grace album and I have liked it so far. And I love Rise Against! Even though they are a liberal group I still like what they have been making. And Appeal To Reason killed!

--Chris

DisneyKnottsfarm, I used to absolutely LOVE Dream Theater. I own all their stuff, I've been to about a dozen concerts (The famous MSG show w/ the live cellist for Vacant, the 20th Anniversary "Score" Concert at Radio City Music Hall), but they have just become too dark and too "shred" for me. I still enjoy the earlier albums from time to time, but my musical focus is on Pat Metheny, Mike Stern, and other contemporary jazz artists.

you were at SCORE!!!!!

lucky!!!!!

that show is the BEST Dream Theater show (followed by Budokan)!

Ive watched it on DVD about a million times through!

Im actually listening to them right now!

It is true, they have become a lot more metal and less prog recently.

I still like them though. Now your on the "good kid list" in my book.

I dont really like Pat Matheny but my dad REALLY likes him.

TY for letting me know that you like DT.

BTW, its "KnottsDisneyFarm."

I think that Dream Theater is turning into has-beens. well, actually not all of them. Pretty much just their singer James. He cant really hit the famous F sharp in Learning to Live anymore. Hes also getting a bald spot. Im serious, you can see in one of the pictures of him headbanging, his hair is thinning on top.

Dont you sometimes want celebs to stay young forever? It makes me really sad to see a person whom I admire start to get old. It really breaks my heart.