TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

And come on, you really think the GTA's will not choose Gatekeeper as #1 New Ride? I think i said this a before on this thread that the GTA's get VERY horny over Cedar Point.

Knowing the GTA's, they'd probably pick Flying Turns as being best new ride if it opens this year since it is at Knoebels.

If not (and it probably is going to be more than likely this case), I'm sure this ride, Outlaw Run and Gatekeeper will all have a pretty good chance of taking the category.

Don't forget YOLO - YOLOcoaster opening at Magic Mountain. Iron Rattler is my most anticipate ride!

Indeed, but on that note..don't forget about Gold Striker!

With that, YOLO, outlaw run, rattler and gatekeeper gunna be a great year!

Maybe flying turns will even open and complete the gift

This coaster looks great and all, but I want to know: Do you think it'll be able to compare to NTaG?

Honestly, I think they are going to be two completely different experiences you really can't compare. It just comes down to which one you enjoy more I guess!

This coaster looks great and all, but I want to know: Do you think it'll be able to compare to NTaG?

well, first off, if you wanna be technical, the layouts are totally different, so no comparison there..........iRat is taller, steeper, and faster, plus the inversion, AND more overbanks.....however, NTaG is the ORIGINAL RMC I-box coaster, which makes it the benchmark for all that follow......But it really seems like apples and oranges to me.

I think it will be able to compare to NTAG. Even though Giant is nearly 5,000 feet of track and Iron Ratller will just be over 3,000 feet I believe it can still compare. I mean the drop on Ratller will be taller, steeper, and include a barrel roll. It could even be better then Giant. Time will tell!

I agree.

I think that first drop on the rattler is going to make up for the length and ride time it gives up to the giant.

BUT, even if it only turns out to be 75% as fun as the giant, I'll still be 110% happy since just looking at the pictures of the new rattler is more fun than riding the old one. :o

I also noticed that on SFFT's FB that their profile pictures says "NEW SUMMER 2013!" I guess that whole "Mid-Spring" thing wasn't realistic after all x)

The ad previously said "Late Spring" so it's not like it's a big difference. I believe Jeff Siebert mentioned a Memorial Day Grand Opening. Anyone know if that has changed?

Sorry to derail things from iRat, but have any of you heard anything about the shows for the upcoming season? Rockin' at Rockville High is a given, but I'm thinking that we'll probably get a new show in the Zaragosa theatre this year, since they seem to rotate them out every couple of years or so. I know that everyone likes to focus on the thrill aspects of the park, but I genuinely enjoy the shows at SFFT and they are a big part of why I visit so often.

^ Dude, you might need to re calibrate your expectations. If you think a seasonal Six Flags park is going to be close to Disney level going into the park then I think even with the winter season ride closings you were going to be disappointed.

My comment saying ,"I've had more fun at Disney parks", was a slam at how lame Disney is at extreme coasters...

Yeah it was a bad day, I'm past it. IF I ever get back again I'd have to give Superman a try and see if they can redeem themselves.