TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Nice pics man. Thanks for the update. The GP is totally eating up the "Batman-The Ride" theming. I'm curious to know what kind of renovations are going on at Road Runner Express. The park is gonna look even more amazing when BTR is done and all the landscaping is complete. I can't wait to see testing.

Glad you like the pics! I'm really curious about Road Runner Express too. In fact, today I went by there again to see if anything had changed since Tuesday. As expected, nothing was different. The entrance sign was still gone, and the entrance itself was still blocked off. To be honest, I don't think they're doing any work on it right now. I haven't seen any construction or maintenance crews on the site. In fact, the ride looks abandoned. Maybe I just couldn't see it from where I was. Does anyone on here have any info about this? Any news on what work is being done on this ride?

So last week I finally made the trek over to Texas and visited Fiesta very briefly. I had set aside one and a half days to really soak up the park last Monday and Tuesday (3/9-3/10), but the weather did not play nice. The park ended up only being open for about two and a half hours that Monday and remained closed the rest of the time I was there due to lots of rain. Bummer, but it's out of the park’s control, so I understand of course. I will say you guys have a beautiful park though and I hope to be back sometime when the weather doesn’t completely suck. Though it is irrelevant for me personally being an out of state guest, the park did give out rain tickets, which was a nice gesture.

One issue I had though, Iron Rattler’s crew was pretty frustrating. At park opening, that’s where I headed first. The ride wasn’t ready yet though, so I waited 15 minutes or so before an attendant came and allowed me to queue. Once I had walked the entire queue though, I was then told I would have to exit because maintenance hadn’t signed off on the ride yet for the day. So I exited and waited another 10 minutes for maintenance to show. 15 minutes after arriving, they had swapped the train in the station for the train in storage, no idea why. Then a few minutes later after a successful test run, someone yelled down from the station that the ride was closed due to technical difficulties. So I finally gave up and went to do the couple of other things that were open in spite of the rain.

After eating lunch, I was back over by Rattler, so I tried again. This time I was again able to walk the entire queue and made it up to the station. There were literally zero guests in the station outside of myself and two buddies, so I asked if the ride was open. I was told yes, but the park was closing at 1pm due to weather (it was 12:40pm at that moment). In the span of time it took me to cross the station and walk into the station queue for row one however, the ride ops conferenced and decided that the ride was closing at that moment and I would not be able to ride. So I ended up with no rides on Rattler, and had to step through the train to exit the ride.

I don’t type all this because it’s fun to retell. I understand that the weather and possible ride breakdown earlier were out of the park’s control, however, the park could have handled this much better by either not allowing me to queue in the first place when they knew the ride wasn’t ready to go yet or by making some effort to honor the fact that I had queued when I wasn’t supposed to due to their mistake. Am I out of line for thinking this?

^Wow that is horrible the star attraction of the park not even operating.

Reminds me of when I went out of my way to ride Outlaw Run to find it closed both days I visited. I honestly wanted to kill someone right then and there.

^Wow that is horrible the star attraction of the park not even operating.

Reminds me of when I went out of my way to ride Outlaw Run to find it closed both days I visited. I honestly wanted to kill someone right then and there.

As far as the "Go" or "No Go" on whether to open the ride comes from Ops base. If the wind or rain is bad enough, Ops Base makes the call over to the ride ops and let's them know. Their ultimate goal is to open the ride but if there is a strong chance the ride might valley due to high winds (gust) they're going to keep it closed. (The park doesn't want to do an emergency evacuation and of course they don't a PR nightmare either.). When the weather changes in an instant, so will their decision. That's why they open the queue and then all of a sudden call the opening off. Every other theme park chain does this too. Cedar Point in the middle if summer can sometimes be a nightmare due to weather.

There were times when I worked the Rattler back in the day where we would open it and then 5 minutes later have to shut it down because of weather.

In other news....look at this shot of BTR posted by Jeff Siebert on Facebook.

image.jpg.013b4b57594474ddd3093d5e97130d50.jpg

It's looking great. The raven drops are fun and look like they'll be pretty smooth.

In an interview with Jeff that I saw, they're starting to pour the concrete slab for the station so that should be done soon as well. And now the cars are onsite so it'll only be a matter of time before we see them on the track.

I would say that this is a rather "easy" build. Everything is in one plane. There are no real turns to speak of, and the supports tie the whole thing together.

Not to say that it isn't hard at all. These pieces weigh thousands of pounds, and must fit to perfect tolerances.

Bravo to this crew!!!