TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Wow. Batman is TALL. I mean, it's certainly taller than I anticipated. They are hauling butt with this construction; I'm stoked for this ride. Superman looks fantastic with it's new paint. I still think it looks faded in the pictures because the colors are darker, and maybe even because I'm used to seeing it all faded and disgusting, but the difference is still significant and I'm positive that in person it looks much better than in the pictures. It's crazy to think that it's already 15 years old! Bravo to Fiesta Texas for finally giving it some paint. And Road Runner, glad it's getting some TLC. I love that ride; it's small but certainly an attraction that is still loved by many and I'm glad that Six Flags is taking the extra time to make sure it's there for years to come.

As far as that now empty plot of land across from Poltergeist and Batman, I'm excited to see what will go there! I always thought a Sky Screamer would actually look pretty neat there, but given the fact the park already has a Sky Screamer, that would certainly be foolish to put one there. Whatever the case, I think that something with a little height to it would look great there. It's a pretty sizable chunk of land and they can do a lot with it. Time will tell. Not sure if they're going to hold off on that area of the park for a little while or jump straight into it with the new addition for 2016.

I'm Dumbfounded by this! No Transfer Track? I've never seen a ZacSpin in Person, so how do you remove a Car from the Circuit?

Insane is designed so that maintenance is done while the car is on the track.

Should they need to take a vehicle off then it's not that hard. In one place the rail is "splittable", where you can take the cars off. The car is then mechanically lowered down into the maintenance garage, which is under the station.

I'm curious, I'm not sure if this has been bought up yet or not, but why are they just now starting construction?? I can understand certain parks starting later because of weather etc.. but TX while it gets cold at times, probably has some of the nicer weather during the winter months, it seems like they could have started earlier and been open at the start of the season.

Just depends on what they're building. Iron Rattler construction started at the end of August 2012 to be ready by Memorial Day 2013. They're shooting for a Memorial Day 2015 opening date so they adjusted the construction schedule to meet their target opening date.

Now could they have had it ready by opening weekend, yes. Why didn't they? Cause they want to build up anticipation early in the season and make people come back to ride it.

The one thing I was surprised with is that Six Flags Mexico already opened Sky Screamer.

I'm curious, I'm not sure if this has been bought up yet or not, but why are they just now starting construction?? I can understand certain parks starting later because of weather etc.. but TX while it gets cold at times, probably has some of the nicer weather during the winter months, it seems like they could have started earlier and been open at the start of the season.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but we've had a rough 2 months weather wise.

lots of very cold weather, and a lot of rain (tho it all falls in areas that don't need it, so don't replenish the lakes).

so although it's true Texas usually does have milder winters, the weather this past few months has been pretty unpredictable and/or bad.

On a side note, does SFFT's Sky Screamer have the LED lighting package that some of the other Sky Screamers do?

the last time I was there, it did not.

they want to keep the feeling of being right up against the canyon wall (I suspect), so keep it darker further up.

They had about 3 weeks where they were moving some pipes around and making a foundation. It's going up fast now. It's Six Flags, I can't remember the last time they open a ride on opening day. Not to mention this years opening day was early.

On another note: I asked in a Facebook Q&A with Jeffrey Siebert about the pausing at the top for Iron Rattler. During colder parts of the season, it will not pause. ( I believe it also has the faster wheels on at this time) During hot summer days, it will pause at the top. I need to ride it during the winter or colder days.

Edited by Mrlittle

The financial advantage of having a ride open at the beginning of the season must not be a big difference.

Hey guys! I visited SFFT again today, and it was SUPER crowded! Because of the crowd, I really only got to ride Superman, but I did walk around a bit and I took some Batman the Ride update photos for you guys!

image8.JPG.f3157514bbdf9371e105b08415d78287.JPG

Look at how much progress they've made since I was there on Tuesday! This photo was taken from the SKC loading area

image1.JPG.dd2f98d3f7f63768dc5ee763ba482445.JPG

The control booth for Batman is also getting built quickly

image2.JPG.9d5e1e5631f86e5c8b3cd78bdf21a0b1.JPG

S&S box!

image3.JPG.b84d986bd9cee0802b27b1410c7976b8.JPG

So many parts!

image4.JPG.2d7cf1c4b31c618a50e4970a098bce83.JPG

...even more parts

IMG_3078.JPG.57c0b0083758004b74f9ac2f84506729.JPG

This is the area that used to be occupied by Motorama Turnpike (right next to Poltergeist). It's been filled in with grass

image5.JPG.3da40ed90c9718fbea8b1020665f242a.JPG

There's so much hype for Batman...even the trash cans are sporting the logo!

image6.JPG.46366184609b09cdbbf1288723d183e3.JPG

The official Batman the Ride gift shop is already open!! It's called "Gotham City Gift Shop". This is where the ride will exit

image7.JPG.0d13f71b8984006b74dfcd1c66c6519e.JPG

...and here's a picture of the future exit for Batman the Ride! This was taken inside the new Gotham City Gift Shop

Nice pics man. Thanks for the update. The GP is totally eating up the "Batman-The Ride" theming. I'm curious to know what kind of renovations are going on at Road Runner Express. The park is gonna look even more amazing when BTR is done and all the landscaping is complete. I can't wait to see testing.