TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

It looks like the people on the POV keep hitting the back of their heads against the headrest. Lots of forward/backward headbanging. I obviously haven't ridden it yet, but it doesn't look comfortable. Any word from anyone who may have ridden it? Am I just seeing things?

Looks are deceiving, no head banging, no whiplish, no banging around in the seat like you do on X2. Its a really comfortable ride experience, better than any Vekoma!

This ride is probably one of my most anticipated rides of 2015. Though I won't ride it this year it's just such a unique ride and I can't wait to see more of these be built. They look very promising and it looks like it would be better than a zac spin just because of the fins on the track that flip the cars around.

Looks so incredibly fun! Fantastic footage, thanks for sharing. I hope these catch on, I'd love to ride one soon.

This concept has so much potential. Imagine a taller version (~200 ft) that starts with a holding brake on a vertical drop. Drop tower + insane spinning!

Got a chance to ride Batman tonight. It's extremely fun, pretty intense, and a great addition to the park, the general public is gonna eat this up and I definitely see clones coming to other parks. Its also themed very well for a Six Flags coaster.

Not enough good things can be said about the restraints. They are expertly designed and by far the most comfortable I've ever used. This ride throws you around pretty good, but its so smooth that its not uncomfortable at all. Everyone raved about it and no one complained about getting sick.

The only knock in my opinion is that it ends too quickly.

It is a quick ride at ~1:33 from ride start to brake, but for a compact coaster, like you said it packs a punch.

I can certainly see this ride design incorporated into a terrain coaster somewhere down the line for a park with deep enough pockets. The advantages of this design most of us probably already realize, it's compact, easy to install, and cost effective.

Just got back from the gold season passholder preview today. After riding Batman the Ride a couple of times, I have to agree with the other reviews of this coaster from previous riders...it's awesome! Comfortable restraints, smooth ride, and just enough spinning. It's definitely a nice addition to the park as it offers a change of pace from the other coasters. I will say that it is a tad bit short (especially since the wait time for it was rather long today) but really the intensity of the ride makes up for the length of it. There was a small portion of the ride after the first raven drop that I felt total weightlessness, even more than I've felt on most of the coasters I've been on! The theming is amazing as well, in fact, I would argue that it is one of the best themed rides in the entire six flags chain. All in all, I had a wonderful time, and I'm definitely going to ride this again and again on future visits!

That being said...I do have one small oddity to point out: one of the ride operators on BTR today had a very negative attitude about the ride. When I walked up to the station, he had a sour look on his face and wasn't polite at all (which really doesn't bother me most of the time). When I was getting strapped into my ride vehicle, the guy sitting across from me asked this ride operator which side was his favorite. The op responded by saying that he thought BTR was lame and not worth his time, and that he refuses to ride such a weak ride. Not exactly the answer you want to hear before being dispatched, but, he was being honest, and I respect him for that I suppose! I'm not really complaining, I just wanted to point this out because I found it odd. I've seen depressing ride operators in the past, but I've never seen one actually put down the ride that they're operating. In his defense, he does have to listen to the station music loop all day haha.

Its interesting how a nice bit of the GP find this ride boring. Could anyone point out why they would? It's interesting how the GP have a more negative outlook on this ride than enthusiasts. Usually it's the other way around.

I personally would have gotten his name and made a complaint at Guest Services. There's nothing wrong with him having an opinion but I'm sure park management doesn't want to be paying an employee to represent their new ride in a negative manner. When I worked at SFFT in the mid thru late 90's, our saying was "Fake it till you make it".

He's never ridden and refuses to ride cause it's not worth his time and calls it weak? How do you know that unless you ride it? What a dumb @$$.

I rode BTR yesterday! IT'S AMAZING!!! It's exactly what the park was missing! The line moves at a pace that is quite nice actually. The theming is GREAT! The ride is pure amazing! While, a little short, It still makes you want to go again and again!!! I can't even explain what this ride feels like! You just have to try it for yourself!

This looks like it has the potential to be a top ten coaster.. I could see this easily being one of the funniest coasters I've ever ridden.

Top 10?!

Don't knock it till you try it.

Welcome ArizonaGuy. . this must be your first day on the internet!

That looks awesome, I must round up some people and get down there to Fiesta Texas! I'm sure this has been mentioned, but why would they name it Batman? There's already Batman in the Six Flags chain. Couldn't they've found another super hero? Robin perhaps?

That looks awesome, I must round up some people and get down there to Fiesta Texas! I'm sure this has been mentioned, but why would they name it Batman? There's already Batman in the Six Flags chain. Couldn't they've found another super hero? Robin perhaps?

Jeffery Siebert from SFFT marketing said many surveys that were sent out to their pass holders and done at the park had an overwhelming response to Batman the Ride as the name and theming for a future ride. The Genener Public spoke, and the park delivered.

Jeffery Siebert from SFFT marketing said many surveys that were sent out to their pass holders and done at the park had an overwhelming response to Batman the Ride as the name and theming for a future ride. The Genener Public spoke, and the park delivered.

Any passholders care to comment about ride names in the Survey?

Trip Report:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas is an amazing park. I've been to SFOG, SFOT, SFGAm, SFSL too and out of the five, this park is my favorite so far. It's just a beautiful park. SFOG is my home park and walking those hills get old...I loved that SFFT was flat! I went Sunday and the park was pretty much a ghost town, everything was walk on and ride. I rode Batman four times in a row in every seat when I first got there because there was hardly no one in line for anything. Batman is an amazing ride, you get a different experience every time you ride. It's smooth and it's over so fast, you never get a chance to get sick. It's a great ride! My final count was five times on the coaster, but I could have rode it more than that if I wanted too, but I was having too much fun on the Iron Rattler...Still the best coaster in the park. I rode it seven times. I'd say Batman is the second best ride in the park behind IR. Superman was good too, not as good as Seaworld's Kraken or Kings Dominion's Dominator, but still decent. I really liked Poltergeist and thought Goliath was probably one of the most forceful inverts I've rode...But not even close to how good Banshee or Alpengeist is...Goliath is your typical compact invert, but with a little more force than usual imo. Road Runner Express was a really good family coaster...I liked it. Boomerang sucked like usual. Pandemonium was one of the better ones I've rode...Maybe just because of the scenery I guess. I even rode the Kiddee Koaster because I'm a whore. It was all good. I loved the park. It's definitely a better park than Six Flags Over Texas was that I visited on Friday and Monday. The only thing SFOT has going for it is New Texas Giant which is probably the best ride in Texas, hands down. But overall, SFFT is the best park in Texas, hands down.

20150517_114110.thumb.jpg.6dad322b65f87b4fda7974b057ff5fc1.jpg

20150517_122305.thumb.jpg.b93ee4a5ea7eb7ca65db456c76d9536f.jpg

20150517_122311.thumb.jpg.68f6c75405f57fde85bcb330ad628e0c.jpg

20150517_122326.thumb.jpg.d2e64b039f5a31f15c53999929d88d78.jpg

20150517_122328.thumb.jpg.d4677ba1b29bfbb19cfb8143fd0ee1bb.jpg

20150517_123233.thumb.jpg.c7d38447a758c4b162c5c9a4c70ab0e1.jpg