TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Would look good on the hill at SFSTL. If they don't have the original train have Vekoma make a new vest train for it 

But Frontier City one of the few smaller Six Flags parks without a Boomerang already so that would make sense 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 10:13 AM, grsupercity said:

Would look good on the hill at SFSTL. If they don't have the original train have Vekoma make a new vest train for it 

But Frontier City one of the few smaller Six Flags parks without a Boomerang already so that would make sense 

Darien Lake is an option and it would fit right in to that stellar lineup LOL. I’m pretty sure the original train is long gone now. They doubled down with trying to make the new train work but I’m glad it’s done at SFNE. 

8 hours ago, Sluggo77 said:

Darien Lake is an option and it would fit right in to that stellar lineup LOL. I’m pretty sure the original train is long gone now. They doubled down with trying to make the new train work but I’m glad it’s done at SFNE. 

You just made me realize...Goliath is being relocated to Darien Lake right next to their Boomerang and Ride of Steel is being relocated to SFNE so they can have two Intamin hypers. It all makes sense!

• Haha 2

Dang!  Goodbye Goliath!  Feels like we just got you and it's already time to say goodbye.  Makes sense though as it was often down for repairs.

Still, I've never heard my wife scream as loud as she did the first time she rode Goliath...

Never got to ride this one. It was already gone by the time I visited SFMM for the first time, and it was SBNO during my trip to SFNE last summer. I guess I'll just have to catch it at Darien Lake.

3 hours ago, coasterbill said:

This park removing two major inverting coasters in one offseason is rough though…

Maybe I missed something, what's the other one?  The standard boomerang?

23 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

Why are they removing the super loop?

All those big pine trees behind it got blown onto it during a storm last summer and bent the hell out of it.

• Sad 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:53 AM, grsupercity said:

Why are they removing the super loop?

This was after they started clean up but you can still see some of what happened.  Crushed the ride pretty good. 

Fireball.thumb.jpg.74c7614337e0269ccaa949b0b5860ff5.jpg

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Sluggo77 said:

This was after they started clean up but you can still see some of what happened.  Crushed the ride pretty good. 

crazy to me that insurance wouldn't replace the ride. Shoot they could replace it with a the larger model and advertise new Englands largest looping ride 

Major disclaimer: I don't actually know this to be true so I'm ENTIRELY pulling it out of my ass but my guess is that when a park builds a ride, they depreciate it and probably use a modified accelerated depreciation schedule if they can get away with it. Insurance probably covered this, but it's not like they valued it the same as a brand new super loop. It's a six-year-old ride. It probably makes more sense to them to take the cash, write it off as a loss and then apply it to a marketable new addition down the line than take the cash and then spend more money out of pocket on top of that to buy a new ride that nobody cares about that nobody will realize is a new ride.

35 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Major disclaimer: I don't actually know this to be true so I'm ENTIRELY pulling it out of my ass but my guess is that when a park builds a ride, they depreciate it and probably use a modified accelerated depreciation schedule if they can get away with it. Insurance probably covered this, but it's not like they valued it the same as a brand new super loop. It's a six-year-old ride. It probably makes more sense to them to take the cash, write it off as a loss and then apply it to a marketable new addition down the line than take the cash and then spend more money out of pocket on top of that to buy a new ride that nobody cares about that nobody will realize is a new ride.

Same guessing boat but I’d think it would be in the vain that you just stated or that the insurance company would require they use the funds toward a direct within reason replacement. This wasn’t a planned ride removal so it could also take some time to get a replacement.

6 hours ago, Sluggo77 said:

Whew, glad I got that credit before they scrapped that roller coaster.

• Like 2