TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

So chatted with corporate.....if they’re to be believed then paused memberships will restart May 15 when the park reopens officially.....this won’t impact paused members from making reservations now.....haven’t tried yet but we’ll see.....thrilled we made it.....last time we were at the park was New Year’s Day 2020.....crazy

• 2 weeks later...

I've never done the membership preferred parking at Six Flags New England before.  It is the lot on the side of the street where they put people for the Holiday in the Park Lights event or do I got to the main parking area?

2 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

I've never done the membership preferred parking at Six Flags New England before.  It is the lot on the side of the street where they put people for the Holiday in the Park Lights event or do I got to the main parking area?

Haven't been up for HITP, so I'm not sure if it's the same as what you're referring to, but yes, it's the lot that's nestled between the main road and the park:

720599992_ScreenShot2021-05-07at6_56_27PM.thumb.png.abb96babc0d151dd746f4b40a8391df0.png

No tram necessary.

6 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

Yes that’s the lot!  Entrance is past the main lot and on the left in front of the water park just before the employee lot entrance if coming from the West Springfield direction. 

So the site is offering season passes for $49.99 which is already crazy but wait 
"Admission + parking to other Six Flags theme parks" 
Surely its 1 time only, not like, unlimited visits to others right? But still.....for fifty bucks?? 1 visit to SFNE and Great Adv and that's absolutely paid for already. It almost seems too good to be true. I wont be going here more than once this year but **** a free visit and parking to SFGAdv on top of it, am I missing something? Otherwise seems like a no brainer 

I paid $60 for my Six Flags pass last November, that gets me in every SF amusement and water park in the country, with parking, that was valid for the remainder of 2020 and all of 2021.  What you're describing isn't that far fetched.

2 hours ago, JJLehto said:

So the site is offering season passes for $49.99 which is already crazy but wait 
"Admission + parking to other Six Flags theme parks" 
Surely its 1 time only, not like, unlimited visits to others right? But still.....for fifty bucks?? 1 visit to SFNE and Great Adv and that's absolutely paid for already. It almost seems too good to be true. I wont be going here more than once this year but **** a free visit and parking to SFGAdv on top of it, am I missing something? Otherwise seems like a no brainer 

This is totally legitimate! I posted about it in Six Flags corporate thread back in November when I took advantage of SFStL's deal.

image.thumb.png.81c791ede39c0a35e421c864cd3a251f.png

We already activated ours and are ready to park and play across the country. We are planning on going to SFOT, SFFT, SFNE, SFGAdv, SFA, and SFGAm, none of which we have ever been to. It helps we have adult money now, but you can't pass up that deal!

I bought the 2021 pass at SFA a few weeks ago for $49.99. it got me parking and admission at SFA, and the next day at Great Adventure, and I will frequently use it at Darien Lake. You are correct HOWEVER the extra gate water parks are no good unless you buy a membership. Unless your local park has a separate gate then it's good at that park only. So if you get a combo pass at Great adventure is good for THEIR water park and THEIR safari, but season passes from other parks will not get you admission to Great Adventures water park or safari. No problem getting into any of the dry parks, though.

As many of us expected, Six Flags New England is skipping rows on Superman and Wicked Cyclone.  What did surprise me tonight is that they are allowing guests to wait for specific rows.

Superman is absolutely flying right now considering it's the first day it has run with guests in a long time.

Just got back in myself...due to work and Springfield traffic I didn't get into the park until 6:40. Decent amount of cars in the lot upon arrival. Be aware that the tram is closed, so be ready to walk. They also currently have two big tents set up for temp checks and security. Can't wait to go to Ohio and not deal with this crap. Everything was quick and was in the park in no time.

Headed to the North End first and started at Wicked Cyclone. Two trains with every other row closed. Line at that point was under the crossover which was about 20 minutes. Lucked out with the back seat. You could pick your row but they were only letting 12 people in at a time so you still need to be one of the first into the station to pick what you want. This thing still never fails to amaze me with how much steam it loses by the end of the ride. It's a great coaster, but just so weird compared to other RMCs which tend to go batsh*t right to the end.

0514211836_HDR.thumb.jpg.11530462fcd142101d75f633f0c4c42e.jpg

Good to be back!

Hopped on Skyscreamer which was a walk on and had a great ride. We had a nice San Diego afternoon with temps in the 70s, so a pleasant breeze 400 feet up. On the way out, Pandemonium had a 30 minute line, so headed past to Flashback. Skipping every other row but it doesn't matter because no one rides Flashback anyway. 

0514211934a_HDR.thumb.jpg.aecd3e0e040b9b8b38a2b879b7c0d994.jpg

Goliath looks to be going the way of the Dinosaurs.

0514211934_HDR.thumb.jpg.60bc9f55e08344061bbfaa3b9b6e6070.jpg

They fed this dino the "Temporarily Closed" sign for Goliath. Must be getting a more permanent one.

Wandered up to Tomahawk which was also a walk on. It's laughable how little it swings these days, but they make up for it by having it spin in "Gravitron Mode" for 2 straight minutes.

0514211942_HDR.thumb.jpg.7b3ea28f0eb77241643fdbc7cf3e21b8.jpg

Anyone miss the old concrete path with the horseshoes carved in? More boring pavement at New England's Blacktop Capital.

0514211944_HDR.thumb.jpg.988d2db52317b5b80478cfa292abcf83.jpg

They could've really gone all out on the New England theme by littering this area with potholes.

Headed towards Gotham where I found Harley Quinn and Batman both down temporarily. Got in line for Riddler and despite running at full capacity, the dispatches were a bit atrociois due to only having 1 ride attendant (yet half full Cyclone and Superman had 4). Ended up being about 30 minutes. A little bit of jackhammering but fun ride.

Batman was back up so hopped in line for that. Would've been like a 10 minute line but it had another (rather short) breakdown which turned it into 25 minutes or so. Also hit Joker which only had a 5 minute line. Crazy as usual.

0514212100a.thumb.jpg.0d3b03ac4c170a0435f8d51319acd17d.jpg

Love how close Harley Quinn gets to Joker.

By then it was already pushing 9, so I made my way to DC. App said Superman had a 10 minute line, and with that said I had a heart attack when I walked down the stairs and saw the line back to the Superman logo near the locker building. Turns out they weren't using any switchbacks but it still ended up being almost 40 minutes. Every other row closed but they were filling the station and letting you pick what you wanted. Went for the back and enjoyed the OG Intamin Masterpiece.

0514212111.thumb.jpg.47e2461941fd1bf2c5f0bfecfe04e318.jpg

LightSabre The Ride

Ended up calling it a night after that as it was pushing 10. They still had the line open, so kudos to them for keeping it going till closing which wasn't always the case in the past.

Gotta say things went pretty well tonight. Good sized crowd and the park was strict about masks and social distancing, and people were more observant of that here than I've seen at any other park. Looking forward to "normal" park days in Ohio though. All major rides open except Blizzard River I believe. Overall was impressed with the staffing level, although the one area they struggled was on the food side of things. Lots of stands closed and the open ones had huge lines. All applicable coasters running two trains and they're doing their best keeping capacity up with the restrictions in place. 

0514212152.thumb.jpg.d916f1d9e08fa5e238213232fc14b5f5.jpg

Something new to look forward to in the next week!

0514212200.thumb.jpg.f83f1ac2a26aa0c15e5d679ff7ac8b80.jpg

Goodnight SFNE. Good to be back at the ol' home park.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zand said:

Headed to the North End first and started at Wicked Cyclone. Two trains with every other row closed. Line at that point was under the crossover which was about 20 minutes. Lucked out with the back seat. You could pick your row but they were only letting 12 people in at a time so you still need to be one of the first into the station to pick what you want. This thing still never fails to amaze me with how much steam it loses by the end of the ride. It's a great coaster, but just so weird compared to other RMCs which tend to go batsh*t right to the end

For Wicked Cyclone, they allowed you to wait by the turnstile if you wanted either the front or back (at least the operator between 6-7:30).

6 hours ago, Canobie Coaster said:

For Wicked Cyclone, they allowed you to wait by the turnstile if you wanted either the front or back (at least the operator between 6-7:30).

That's cool...no one did that while I was at the ride and I got my pick anyway. Always appreciate when parks let you wait for rows these days...should be allowed everywhere but some places flat out don't.

A few other notes that I forgot to talk about... When I went by Thunderbolt I noticed they put up some temporary barriers to extend the line. The line was as long as it always is when I walked by, but with a half full train 25-30 minutes turns into 50-60 minutes.

Not sure if this was the case all night but I believe Scream was only running the Hellevator tower all night. App said the line was 35 minutes, so with the amount of times I see it being a walk on, it was an easy skip.

I wanted to ride Harley Quinn but it was 9:00 when I got to it and I didn't want to wait any longer to get to Superman. The queue was almost full, so not sure what the wait time was. The seats looked more full than I expected, so maybe it wouldn't have been too bad.

After reading the Cedar Point TRs from opening day, I'm even happier with the state of the park right now. The CP TRs almost sound like old school Six Flags...lots of rides not even ready to open, lots of 1 train ops. And this is a park that was open last year. Meanwhile, SFNE's first day in over 16 months felt almost totally normal. All but 1 ride running (and according to Queue Times, Blizzard River is open today, so the park is 100% minus the green lawn ornament which may or may not be closed forever), and all trains running on each coaster with multiple trains. A few small kinks and I assume a ton of new employees that are still figuring things out, but kudos to Six Flags for being totally ready to go.

Noticed a lot of coaster shirts in the park (including myself with a Maverick shirt with Snoopy on it if anyone noticed). Saw other CP shirts, Great Adventure shirts, and even a Waldameer shirt.

Side note: If you get in line for Superman and the line is in the logo section, be careful as those bushes definitely have poison ivy in them (and I don't mean the character lol). I was kinda surprised to see that!

^ I was the one in the Waldameer shirt.  I definitely saw you a few times.

Scream was running one of the back towers in space shot mode around 6 pm when I was heading towards Wicked Cyclone.

It was shocking how fast Superman's crew was getting trains out considering it has been a long time since the park last opened.

Went for 3 hours yesterday and got in 2 TB....1 Panda, and 2 WC.....had a blast for the short time we were there.....

Interesting on the first WC ride the train almost stalled halfway up the lift hill.....just crawled for about 7 or 8 seconds then it finally went normal the rest of the way up.....anybody have this happen?  I never have and I’ve ridden that thing a bunch of times.....second time didn’t do it

I was at the park again this weekend and there are two observations I wanted to note.

First, while the park was still skipping rows on several rides, the operators were trying to pair single riders up.  I was asked to be paired on both Wicked Cyclone and Superman.  I didn't mind since I'm fully vaccinated, but it's puzzling the park is skipping rows on rides but willing to pair different parties in the same row.

Two, Goliath's sign was removed.

Goliath.thumb.JPG.8701bf76f83ca2ecb0064b8458f107c1.JPG

Wow Mass really isnt fooling around. Still skipping rows? Sounds like a capacity nightmare. Seems its not open most weekdays so I'll be going this Friday, bc I have no other choice if I wanna avoid weekends lol

^ Last Friday, Superman and Wicked Cyclone still had hour plus waits due to the reduced capacity.

Six Flags New England is dropping the mask mandate starting on Saturday for vaccinated guests, so I suspect they may start loading all rows on rides sooner rather than later.  I think every Six Flags park that reopened started by skipping rows and gradually switching to loading each row.

• Like 1

Yeah that's brutal. Seeing what some crowds have been like, trying to imagine reduced capacity rides...yikes. Well as mentioned I'll be going this Friday, hope a weekday can spare me. In fact I am moving back to NJ on Sat so I have no choice but to go on Friday lol consider it my last hurrah in New England! 

We got our first visit this season on Sunday to. Park wasn’t crowded but lines were slower with the row skipping. Pretty much certain that won’t be happening anymore starting Saturday since reservations are going away along with the mask mandate. We did get to checkout Supergirl. Actually broke down on our first ride. Sat elevated for maybe 10 mins at most and then they lowered us. Got on again just a few minutes later with no issues. Confirming that the ride sign is gone from Goliath. Beautiful day but got hot quick. Was glad to see that Blizzard River was open.  As we were leaving I noticed a pick up window for member skip the line passes next to the normal flash pass building.  I don’t remember this being there so either I missed it or it’s new. Either way happy it’s there now. Overall we had a great day and enjoyed being back. 

284FD8A3-223D-476C-855F-F26B3B79B503.jpeg

873E6DCC-63D5-49C8-A92F-F9912747F5EA.jpeg