TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I think the weather in the area plays a role. They're trying to get a jump start before the insane snow and cold comes. They didn't really have to deal with that with the other 3 RMC hybrids.

I agree, the snow could be a big issue. A lot of the New England parks like to start construction before the heavy snow kicks in and then they finish once the snow melts away.

If it was 70 degrees and sunny every day all winter this coaster still wouldn't be ready until June. This is Six Flags we're talking about...

Six Flags New England was pretty good with the Sky Screamer if I remember correctly. If anything, the park gets in trouble for jumping the gun with construction (cough: Dark Knight, cough).

So basically with the way they are carefully taking what looks like just the track off, would it be safe to assume the layout isn't gonna change much?

Well they just can't rip the tack off in some spots because they don't want to damage the supports below it, seeing they're going to need them. Like most of the other converted coasters, this one will follow the original layout of the footings, but the ride experience and elements will drastically change. The only RMC converted coaster that changed from the original layout was Iron Rattler, where they removed the two helix's from the ride. Now they still did use the original footings to create a new ride layout.

So basically with the way they are carefully taking what looks like just the track off, would it be safe to assume the layout isn't gonna change much?

Well they just can't rip the tack off in some spots because they don't want to damage the supports below it, seeing they're going to need them. Like most of the other converted coasters, this one will follow the original layout of the footings, but the ride experience and elements will drastically change. The only RMC converted coaster that changed from the original layout was Iron Rattler, where they removed the two helix's from the ride. Now they still did use the original footings to create a new ride layout.

the helix around the lift hill of the Texas Giant was removed.

^

Maybe they will be turning that hill into a barrel roll for the RMC version. Even though everyone seems to want an airtime-based makeover, I don't see the harm in throwing in an inversion or two.

^

Maybe they will be turning that hill into a barrel roll for the RMC version. Even though everyone seems to want an airtime-based makeover, I don't see the harm in throwing in an inversion or two.

Because Six Flags might go overboard with inversions.