TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The main problem with the restraints seemed to be the distance between the bar and the floor, which seemed strange to me, it should be the distance between the bar and the seat that matters. It seemed like if you've got legs that are long between your knee and your foot, that's what would get most people in trouble. My brother is almost exactly my height, but his feet were basically glued to the floor, he couldn't move his legs at all (whereas I could). Certainly the most restrictive lap bar I've seen, I'm just lucky to be rather small.

After Sfne finally let me speak with management they told me the policy was changed where they would assist guests with two attempts and then remove the person. They really only try once and don't care if you tell them you tested the seat three times with NO difficulty. They admit the test seat is useless. Someone in management should be embarrassed this has gone on so long.

This was done because trains were constantly stacking. I understand the importance of dispatch times. I worked at Disneyland for 5 years spatching mine trains and jeeps. Both rides accommodated gigantic people. With that being said, about 5 times a day we ran into language barriers, were screamed at by pregnant women who refused to let us lower the bars, etc. We ran 5 trains on two sides, three trains on one. If the trains stacked with one platform , the grouper must run to the empty station and catch the train quickly to avoid a breakdown. With 5 trains on two sides there is no where to catch the mine trains and we break down. I assume if Bizzaro sits too long they experience a possibly similar effect.

bizarro would constantly stop on the lift due to this issue which panics your average joe. They could have chosen a better way to fix the issue IMO.

The Seat and restraint look and feel identical to the actual train's. The indicator light always goes off for me saying I can ride. It even feels comfortable in both the test seat and in the train. It seems the computer is telling operators that the bar is not down enough to spatch. The Test seat seems to be too lenient with its light indicator, and the restraints too unforgiving on the actual trains.

The Seat and restraint look and feel identical to the actual train's. The indicator light always goes off for me saying I can ride. It even feels comfortable in both the test seat and in the train. It seems the computer is telling operators that the bar is not down enough to spatch. The Test seat seems to be too lenient with its light indicator, and the restraints too unforgiving on the actual trains.

The worst part is how the park admits that this is the case. Granted, I usually see teenagers just chilling in the seat which is a park pet peeve of mine.

I am against the Iron Cyclone thoroughly.

I mean the scraping noises at 1:10 giga.

Same here. They should have fixed Cyclone and replaced Mind Eraser with an RMC coaster. Selling that piece of crap for scrap metal would have gotten them about $200,000 dollars to put toward the new ride.

Same here. They should have fixed Cyclone and replaced Mind Eraser with an RMC coaster. Selling that piece of crap for scrap metal would have gotten them about $200,000 dollars to put toward the new ride.

Scrap metal isn't the only fate for an old, unpopular SLC. I'm sure there are parks that want parts for SLCs and maybe even cheap SLCs. There must be a market for parts - those rides are more cloned than Dolly the sheep!

Scrap metal isn't the only fate for an old, unpopular SLC. I'm sure there are parks that want parts for SLCs and maybe even cheap SLCs. There must be a market for parts - those rides are more cloned than Dolly the sheep!

I know that there's probably a park that would buy it for way more than that, I just want to see that coaster die.

I never thought of the spare parts idea, though.

Heading out to park tomorrow. Anyone know how the crowds are recently. Or anything to look out for or photograph about cyclone?

Not sure about crowds, but Bizarro has a staff of six working it (ride-op, four restraint checkers, Flash Pass operator) and dispatches fly. They can get one train out the door before the second hits the final tunnel.

EDIT: Look what I found.

https://twitter.com/SF_newengland/status/497435329012707328/photo/1

I have always seen the Bizarro staff working rather efficiently.

That's very good to hear. In past seasons, I've found dispatches to be on the slow side due to the number of people that have to take the walk of shame.

Also, does anyone have a bad feeling that Six Flags may try and run Mind Eraser backwards? The coaster's popularity has been waning and it seems like something they would do. My head shudders at the idea so I pray that I am wrong.

Also, does anyone have a bad feeling that Six Flags may try and run Mind Eraser backwards? The coaster's popularity has been waning and it seems like something they would do. My head shudders at the idea so I pray that I am wrong.

That's probably the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if they do that. The coaster would live even more up to its name.