TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

The scrambler is officially now called the "Scandi Scrambler". Why? Who knows. Wonder when it will open...

image.thumb.jpg.75cef4019cc07e6eb01cc7c85138c794.jpg

How cute. The sign looks just like the chicken shack across the pathway. Colors the exact same.

image.thumb.jpg.9d7d40e12d41608e3af77aabbe9d08b2.jpg

The ride got some nice TLC, which makes a difference.

The Scandi Scrambler name was the original name and site according to the facebook/worlds of fun/.org page. A park historian/nostalgia person known as Jennifer Lovesee-Mast has really good information concerning the park's history. Have a look.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Worlds-of-Fun-dot-org/88851807796

Hope that clears your thoughts about the name.

I don't remember where, but somewhere in this thread somebody asked about pictures of the Timberwolf's retracking.

OH! The scrambler's old spot is still there, but the path to it has been removed and there is grass there now. The Viking voyager also has quite a few new adorable signs.

image.thumb.jpg.ebbf8ed344f8d385ee3ed6a75f9a7722.jpg

They have quite a bit of work going on!

image.thumb.jpg.6372aa24c6b4ebd6bab520ccf374637f.jpg

Look at all the wood they have. I'll be curious when this actually is finished up... They are really tracking the whole thing over. #iwishRMCwouldhavedonethis

image.thumb.jpg.468471f5b95fbe33369bea160acbd9c6.jpg

The parking lot also has a big landscaping divider that DEFINITELY was not there last season. Random side note

Edited by baileybrucem

Wow, all of that retracking must be costing them a lot of money, but it is so cool that WoF takes the time to make rides smoother and more enjoyable! My home park, DP, doesn't take care of there classic wooden coaster, Thunderhawk, which is sad since its a very good ride with plenty of airtime, but it is just too rough.

Looks like Timberwolf retracking is nearly complete. I'm guessing early June opening. Steel hawk was having restrain issues today as well.

It appears they have only completely overhauled the first drop and turnaround, I highly doubt it is almost done! It will probably be done in sections

Looks like Timberwolf retracking is nearly complete. I'm guessing early June opening. Steel hawk was having restrain issues today as well.

It appears they have only completely overhauled the first drop and turnaround, I highly doubt it is almost done! It will probably be done in sections

I know it's going to be done in sections. I was just saying that the section they are retracting is almost done.

^ I honestly wonder how long Steelhawk will last. It really should have just been scrapped.

I wouldn't scrap it. They should just install a new restraint system.

Can any of the locals offer any info? I'm heading to WoF on Memorial Day, how busy is Memorial Day if the weather is nice? Is FL a must for someone who hasn't been to the park in 25 years? Are most of the FL merge points at the station or do they merge pre-station?

Thanks!

Can any of the locals offer any info? I'm heading to WoF on Memorial Day, how busy is Memorial Day if the weather is nice? Is FL a must for someone who hasn't been to the park in 25 years? Are most of the FL merge points at the station or do they merge pre-station?

Thanks!

If the weather is bad then the park is yours but if the weather is good it may be pretty crowded.

Thanks!

Memorial Day usually is quite crowded. I'd would do Fast Lane or Fast Lane Plus if you want to ride some of the slides at Oceans of Fun. On all the coaster, the Fast Lane merges at the station. For the slide complex over by the wave pool at Oceans of Fun(Predators Plunge and Sharks Revenge) they merge at the stairs.

The scrambler is officially now called the "Scandi Scrambler". Why? Who knows. Wonder when it will open...

That after all is what the Scrambler was originally called at Worlds of Fun.

I know it's going to be done in sections. I was just saying that the section they are retracting is almost done.

Has Worlds of Fun actually announced what they are doing to Timber Wolf? And when it is expected to open for the season?

Has Worlds of Fun actually announced what they are doing to Timber Wolf? And when it is expected to open for the season?

Worlds of Fun's director of maintanence has told me via google mail that TImber wolf will open back up May 30th. Timberwolf will be recieving tlc retracking by GCI (confirmed). The reason it wasnt retracked earlier was because GCI had other things to do. 1/3 of the track will be completed this year and WOF is hoping to get support from Cedar Fair to make Timber wolf a good ride again. In other news Worlds of Fun's new haunt building is officialy "Blood on the Bayou", Yes like cedar point.

^ Honestly, I'm disappointed that it's only going to be 1/3rd redone. I'd rather they have it shut down all year and really redo it right. I'm sure, though, that they got as much as GCI could do this year. Hopefully they simply make this a multi-year project, like RMC did with the Boss, and in a couple more years it's awesome again. Timber Wolf really is a great design; the roughness is (was?) its only problem.

Worlds of Fun's director of maintanence has told me via google mail that TImber wolf will open back up May 30th. Timberwolf will be recieving tlc retracking by GCI (confirmed). The reason it wasnt retracked earlier was because GCI had other things to do. 1/3 of the track will be completed this year and WOF is hoping to get support from Cedar Fair to make Timber wolf a good ride again. In other news Worlds of Fun's new haunt building is officialy "Blood on the Bayou", Yes like cedar point.

Thanks!

Looks like Screamscape is now reporting it as well. GCI is retracking 1/3 of Timber Wolf and plan to re-track the entire coaster within the next couple of years! Great news!

Plus, the new Haunt is supposedly going to have some special effects never before seen at Worlds of Fun! Can't wait! Haunt is my favorite time of the year at WOF!