TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Robert Bleck Architects tweeted that they will be the ones designing the new front gate and accompanying plaza. They company has designed numerous things for Six Flags Great America including stations for coasters and facades.

So bright green, no shade, and plenty of space for advertising. Nice.

i highly doubt that the rides we are adding are currently operating in a park. Considers ring they were bought last year I almost guarantee that they are not the ones at Slagharen.

That's interesting. If that's the case, then they aren't from the Netherlands because the other troika is still listed on its park website and the vehicles are very themed, which wouldn't really fit in at wof. Also, the condor at Slagharen is, I believe, the only condor in the Netherlands.

They bought them from a ride broker.

Robert Bleck Architects tweeted that they will be the ones designing the new front gate and accompanying plaza. They company has designed numerous things for Six Flags Great America including stations for coasters and facades.

Just looked at their portfolio, it looks like they also designed Thunderbird's station. So, I'm guessing this won't be like the rest of the new CF entrances.

Just looked at their portfolio, it looks like they also designed Thunderbird's station. So, I'm guessing this won't be like the rest of the new CF entrances.

Yeah that's what I thought too after looking through the portfolio. However, let's admit that pretty much anything will be better than what we have now.

From the WoF's Facebook page:

Because two new rides, new front gate and extending your season with #WinterFest just isn't enough for #2017....ONE MORE exciting announcement is coming....#Soon!

No HINTS!

EDIT: ^just beat me to that

I honestly think we'll see every park get a Planet (or Camp) Snoopy addition in the next 5 years also including the Pre-K pass. The Pre-K pass is such a great way to make money, you get new rides and you get the kids in the park, they love it and want to return every year and ride the bigger rides, and then you got a customer until they move or find a better park. Its shocking that they could come up with something this great

From the WoF's Facebook page:

Because two new rides, new front gate and extending your season with #WinterFest just isn't enough for #2017....ONE MORE exciting announcement is coming....#Soon!

No HINTS!

Maybe this will be the steel coaster for Cedar Fair this year...... who knows?!?!

I'm guessing it's one of the used waterslides that the chain has in storage now (either from KBF or from WWK)

Thats kinda what i think as well. i see it as a possibility. I hope it would be one of the Tornado slides

With there being two available now, I'd say the chances are pretty high.

IF it does end up being a Tornado slide, this will be a GREAT YEAR for additions at WOF (and it's pretty awesome already)

2016 HAUNT LINEUP

MAZES

Asylum Island (Oceans of Fub)

Blood on the Bayou (Bicentennial Square)

Blood Shed (Forum Hill)

Cornstalkers (Nile Island)

London's Terror Square (Bicentennial Square)

Lore of the Vampire (Orient)

Miss Lizzie's Chamber of Horrors (Dinosaurs)

Zombie High (Prowler)

SCARE ZONES

Bone Yard (Africa)

CarnEVIL (Bicentennial Square)

Outlaw's Revenge (Western Area)

Psycho Freaks (Scandinavia)

Hexed (roaming midways)

SHOWS

Ed Alonzo's Fun House (Tivoli)

Haunted Homecoming (Moulin Rouge)

Overlord's Awakening (Scandinavia near Chickie's)

There is basic Fright Lane available again this year - but the Skeleton Key rooms all got updated again this year.

I'm guessing it's one of the used waterslides that the chain has in storage now (either from KBF or from WWK)

Thats kinda what i think as well. i see it as a possibility. I hope it would be one of the Tornado slides

With there being two available now, I'd say the chances are pretty high.

IF it does end up being a Tornado slide, this will be a GREAT YEAR for additions at WOF (and it's pretty awesome already)

I will third this notion. I felt pretty sure they'd be getting one before the last announcement, so I suspect this will be that addition.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if park Wi-Fi and Funpix are also coming... I seem to remember seeing something that listed all the parks in the CF chain that will have FunPix, and WoF was one of them.

I think it that it should be pointed out that no concept art for the new entrance has been released yet, so we may get a roller coaster that interacts with the entrance like how Gatekeeper and Fury 325 do.

That theory sounds like something that belongs on the KD Discussion Thread

I think it that it should be pointed out that no concept art for the new entrance has been released yet, so we may get a roller coaster that interacts with the entrance like how Gatekeeper and Fury 325 do.

That theory sounds like something that belongs on the KD Discussion Thread

It would actually be quite reasonable if there was a possibility of a coaster. Kinda makes sense, but kinda not. Just the odds are not in our favor for a coaster.

I'd say at the very very most, POSSIBLY a third flat to fill Thunderhawk's spot or maybe a WWK water slide. I think both have a 5% chance of happening. I hope everyone here likes WiFi (but honestly, who doesn't?).

I don't see FunPix coming as the park only really has four rides that you could use it on. Plus, I saw a list of parks that will be receiving FunPix in 2017, and WOF was not one of them.

2016 HAUNT LINEUP

MAZES

Asylum Island (Oceans of Fub)

Blood on the Bayou (Bicentennial Square)

Blood Shed (Forum Hill)

Cornstalkers (Nile Island)

London's Terror Square (Bicentennial Square)

Lore of the Vampire (Orient)

Miss Lizzie's Chamber of Horrors (Dinosaurs)

Zombie High (Prowler)

SCARE ZONES

Bone Yard (Africa)

CarnEVIL (Bicentennial Square)

Outlaw's Revenge (Western Area)

Psycho Freaks (Scandinavia)

Hexed (roaming midways)

SHOWS

Ed Alonzo's Fun House (Tivoli)

Haunted Homecoming (Moulin Rouge)

Overlord's Awakening (Scandinavia near Chickie's)

There is basic Fright Lane available again this year - but the Skeleton Key rooms all got updated again this year.

One thing I'd like to point out are the new Skeleton Key rooms. I know you briefly mentioned them, but they are pretty interesting this year. 2 of them will actually be located in the scare zones (CarnEvil and Outlaw's Revenge), while one of them is in a secret location within the park...very interesting.